Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Idk how to say it without sounding ignorant but when I saw mass shooting in Philly I thought it was some school/mall/church/store shooter aiming to kill innocent people. Not that I’m trynna downplay the gang/hood **** we became desensitized too.

So weeks after innocent black people get murdered by a white supremacists, a great replacement theory Republican candidate for Senate wants people to know who he blames for America's gun violence problem...

This dude was just endorsed by Trump

Do the people in here consider mass shootings a distinct issue separate from gun violence?

I ask because it seems that gun violence generally and mass shootings are being conflated.

As everyone knows, the vast majority of gun deaths are suicide. Mass shootings (what I thought was defined as a shooting resulting in the death of 4 or more people) represents a very very small number of overall gun deaths. And handguns are used for the vast majority of gun murders in the US.

Here’s some data:

It seems the thread is shifting from the narrow topic of mass shootings to gun violence generally.

Back
Top Bottom