Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Bruh! Some people don't really understand how our branches of government works. Legislative—Makes laws (Congress, comprised of the House of Representatives and Senate)
Executive—Carries out laws (president, vice president, Cabinet, most federal agencies) Judicial—Evaluates laws (Supreme Court and other courts)

So the House (Dems has the Majority) has had a sensible gun law that was voted by the majority and has been presented to the Senate to vote on since Trump was in office, but Ol Turtle Head lookin boy aka Moscow Mitch won't even allow it to get on the Senate floor for a vote. Even then, 50 GOP Senators + 2 GOP dressing up as DEMs would just stone wall all what this Administration is trying to do. What does this all mean? Biden can't really do anything but suggest ish and hope that both sides can come together to compromise.

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain

bruh i know how it works

so your telling me if ur at work and need to accomplish a task and theres someone who does't see eye to eye and doesn't wanna work with you at all and in fact push the opposite agenda of what you want

will you work with them or just go home every day annd tweet awe man they suck

cmon its like you guys have never worked with difficult people

theres always a way to find solutions even with evil people

This is the United State government we're talking about. Full of old, egotistical, money/power hungry, unsympathetic piles of ****.

This isn't Bill and Janet from accounting needing to find common ground on how they do payroll.

This is the United State government we're talking about. Full of old, egotistical, money/power hungry, unsympathetic piles of ****.

This isn't Bill and Janet from accounting needing to find common ground on how they do payroll.
so whats ur proposition?

just chalk up an L?

and say eff it we can't do anything cuz theres a roadblock ?

I'm confused on the alternative we have in this situation

It's amazing how the GOP get let off the hook for being obstructionists.

People say yeah I know republicans are terrible and do nothing but Biden/dems need to...

bruh i know how it works

so your telling me if ur at work and need to accomplish a task and theres someone who does't see eye to eye and doesn't wanna work with you at all and in fact push the opposite agenda of what you want

will you work with them or just go home every day annd tweet awe man they suck

theres always a way to find solutions even with evil people
So based on your example, if you're the only one willing to compromise but the evil people don't, how you do you move forward? Cuz regardless of the compromise, the "evil people" goals is to reject anything you present even when the compromise would help the very people they represent. The truth is, I totally understand your position and I'm with you with the frustrations. Only way is to vote these "evil people" out and put in people in willing to work across the aisle.

So based on your example, if you're the only one willing to compromise but the evil people don't, how you do you move forward? Cuz regardless of the compromise, the "evil people" goals is to reject anything you present even when the compromise would help the very people they represent. The truth is, I totally understand your position and I'm with you with the frustrations. Only way is to vote these "evil people" out and put in people in willing to work across the aisle.

and the evil people are setting up mechanisms to make it harder to vote and gaining more control of the process

and the other guys are actually adhering to rules and the process.. when you have another side who doesnt give a damn about any of it as long as it gives them the desired results

you literally have people extremely actively involved in your government who tried to go against the the will of the people.. and they are setting up roadblocks to protect themselves from facing any consequences

just look and clarence thomas and his wife.. his wife who legit was a cult member before all this MAGA shh

and the evil people are setting up mechanisms to make it harder to vote and gaining more control of the process

and the other guys are actually adhering to rules and the process.. when you have another side who doesnt give a damn about any of it as long as it gives them the desired results

you literally have people extremely actively involved in your government who tried to go against the the will of the people.. and they are setting up roadblocks to protect themselves from facing any consequences

just look and clarence thomas and his wife.. his wife who legit was a cult member before all this MAGA shh
:emoji_point_up_2: ALL OF THIS!! Say this louder for the people in the back! The system is rigged and making that change we all desire gets harder and harder. Part of the issue that the Dems have is that they are not willing to stoop to the same level and play dirty politics like their counter parts and we are seeing the results.

People are just fed up with how the government functions or in our case doesn’t function.

Minority rule will probably only get worse.

Then we’re gonna see Minneapolis all over again across the country I’m sure.

So is/was Coney Barrett. And plenty of other judges that aren't public in their cultism. The Democrats have less than 18 months to save the country before swing states decide they don't have to elect the candidate the citizens voted for. The swing states who have radicalized people running to be election officials that have already publicly stated they won't accept Democratic victory.

Love it or leave it bud. 🏃‍♀️💨🧳

Might have to leave it for a country with a young democracy that actually gives af about protecting it.

bro i understand the voting them out strategy

but theres a freaking mass shooting every other day how the hell do you expect people to vote them out right away :lol:

im talking about swift extreme actions taken right away not to wait until voting time

obviously when time to come to vote we will vote them out but until then how many more innocent lives until we demand those bums to work together

Difficult people get fired; if the whole organization is like those people, those who want to collaborate quit.

Obviously, it works differently for a state/nation, but these principles still apply, and that's why the likelihood of a balkanization of the US is at its highest point since the end of the civil war.

but theres a freaking mass shooting every other day how the hell do you expect people to vote them out right away :lol:

im talking about swift extreme actions taken right away not to wait until voting time

obviously when time to come to vote we will vote them out but until then how many more innocent lives until we demand those bums to work together

Checks and Balances is whooping your a**

(I agree with you btw that I feel that something needs to be done immediately)

So Biden executive-orders gun sales be halted immediately? Ammo be pulled from shelves? Whats your actual wish from the man in charge?

Primaries have been going on since February

The 2022 United States elections will be held on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. During this midterm election year, all 435 seats in the House of Representatives and 35 of the 100 seats in the Senate will be contested.

So Biden executive-orders gun sales be halted immediately? Ammo be pulled from shelves? Whats your actual wish from the man in charge?

biden does that and then we‘ll see exactly what we’ve been seeing, judges who ain’t qualified to be that thing giving out rulings

Getting the GOP to collaborate and play ball is mission impossible. Mainly out of spite on their end. Also because with midterms coming up, there’s no reason for them to work with the Dems when their main goal is to take back the house and senate and make Biden pretty much a lame duck President the rest of his term.

It’s pretty drastic and extreme. But unless the Dems were on some hostile takeover, getting high ranking military on board with them backing them up and ordering hits on high ranking gop members and basically wiping them off the political map. The GOP has a stranglehold. The 2016 election pretty much gave them complete control of the Supreme Court and they’ve been packing the lower courts with conservatives. That type of damage can’t be fixed overnight.

Too bad the dude who was posted up by Kavanaughs house earlier today wasn’t successful, because making some of these conservatives on the Supreme Court and senate level disappearing and getting them out the picture is the only way any real progress will happen. Either that or have some left leaning multi billionaires with the power and influence to not only get the Manchins and Sinemas to fall in line being closed doors, but who have the means to get some GOP senators on their payroll as well.

The GOP makes and breaks the rules as they see fit. McConnell acting funny after Scalia died when Obama wanted to confirm his replacement compared to how he acted when RBG died less than 2 months before the 2020 election. It’s a joke and outrage. But these clowns have so much power that unless they’re taken out the picture or the Dems have the necessary means and power to match and eclipse their energy, it’s going to be damn near impossible to enact any real change.

my wish is that something is done

its not my job to figure out what the solution is, im just a constituent , my job is to keep my family safe and the president is supposed to keep our country safe

my whole point is i know the gop are scum

but there is no choice either u coerce a solution or u wait for more people to die

my wish is that something is done

its not my job to figure out what the solution is, im just a constituent , my job is to keep my family safe and the president is supposed to keep our country safe

my whole point is i know the gop are scum

but there is no choice either u coerce a solution or u wait for more people to die
Democracy isn't a one-way street my man. I know its disheartening with the way **** is going and I'm pissed too. More at Manchin, Sinema, and Garland than I am at Biden. But its not as easy as saying "do something" and expecting results.

And what does it hurt for us to theorycraft solutions on NT? I'm not attacking you, I genuinely want to know what you might think is a solution. My thoughts are long and complicated, and would enrage the easily-outraged idiots on the right... but full measures are needed.

Wherever you are in the country, you can complain to your rep and hopefully they help push Uncle Joe to pressure the obstructionists or pull a Thanos.

Back
Top Bottom