Matrix 4 Out Now

So, the cover of Rage's "Wake Up" in the credits was performed by Brass Against. I looked it up because I was irritated that it was such a bad credits song (the cover, not the song itself, just play the Rage version), when the OG movie had such a phenomenal soundtrack and score.

That being said, guess which relatively unknown band randomly went viral a couple months ago when the lead singer peed on someone on stage? Brass Against.
She freed him from the matrix.

Man I fell asleep again 20 min in :lol: but I got to it and finished.

I dunno this is wild. Pretty sad. This is like after the first trilogy where we got a whole lot of movies and directors that were clearly influenced by the Matrix do a blatant watered down, copy, knockoff of the material. It reminds me of the rehash of The Force Awakens in the worse way.

What was with all the constant flashbacks, cutscenes to the first movie? Too many callbacks, forced nostalgia, and trying to reminisce. The Warner Bros are going to do another trilogy no matter what was so sick and sad. Wasn't even a meta reference. It was blatant :lol: They should've done it regardless with somebody else. Not any of the Wachowskis.

Yaya as this Morpheus/agent mix is just pretty whack. Real trash. This was a bad idea. Wasn't likable or cool.

Since there will be another one, I just hope they reveal the real Morpheus is alive, got scooped up by the machines and they're holding him hostage now to try and get Neo and Trinity back in their pods. Get these replacements out of here.

Keanu was Neo. Nothing to hate or really praise.

I get the complaints of the look of the movie. Clean but a bit off and not unique.

This new agent Smith is pure TRASH. I don't care about this evolving program talk. They couldn't find a more menacing looking actor to recast? Going around calling Neo Tom? :smh:

Jada's Naiobi ended up being the best character in this for me. Going from how she was a risk taker and a bit reckless to being this responsible progressive overprotective leader. It was just some good character work.

NPH wasn't a bad choice he should mostly be the talking bad guy. He's not a threat any other way.

There's a good story somewhere in here. Probably. Just smothered and bogged down by a few things.

Didn't care for the 3rd act much

5/8

Last edited:
So, the cover of Rage's "Wake Up" in the credits was performed by Brass Against. I looked it up because I was irritated that it was such a bad credits song (the cover, not the song itself, just play the Rage version), when the OG movie had such a phenomenal soundtrack and score.

That being said, guess which relatively unknown band randomly went viral a couple months ago when the lead singer peed on someone on stage? Brass Against.
It was terrible and I was like why did they have this but I forgot that in the first film they had the rage song in the end credits.

6/8. There’s somethings that could be streamlined but overall not bad. Now I wait for the next movie.

The meta stuff is so stupid.

The dialogue in general is herrendous,

the first act dialogue is soo unbelievably annoying, all the meta references are incredibly jarring.

All the references to internet culture, are lame;
The facts vs feelings corny villain speech is horrible, the epitome of fake deep.
Trinity's husband being named chad. Dog c'mon make it stop please god.

The cinematography is sooooooo bad. All the lighting feels super flat, it's either standar "dramatic" short lighting or it's some giant over exposed key lightsource silloutting everything in the scene.
Rinse repeat. It's like a bad cinematopher is trying desperately to be "cool"

The framing is also truly awful, I read some article about how Lana use to storyboard everyshot on the original film but she doesn't do that anymore.

Well It really showed. Despite the high budget it felt cheap and totally uncinematic.

What on earth was up with fight choreography???
Was the other Wachowski responsible for that in the original films??
not a single memorable fight,
Most of it looked.somewhere between sloppy and silly. It's was like an 8 year old reinacting a bad Kung Fu movie.

This **** was goofy, I didn't even talk about the plot, the plot is stupid.

0/10
0/8
0/5

It's 0 in every rating system.

I was sick af Wednesday(we’re going to see if it’s that unicron Monday), full or meds, I turned it on and rolled over and went to sleep 10 minutes in. I caught a lot of stuff the second time around. I knew that date had a meaning. Mirrors are the new pay phones. With that being said, who was this made for? If you seen the original trilogy, you figured everything out the second they showed Keanu and at a desk. Oh they put him back in the Matrix and told him everything he did he made up in a video game, all the while pumping him full of blue pills. Im not even going to spoiler that ****. Meaning, this movies established absolutely nothing. It did “mirror” the first one but, *****, we already seen the first one a million times. Could’ve moved the story a little further. I will say it’s the most absolutely meta movie in existence(The Merovingian random spouting out “spin-off-trilogy” :lol: ). I could speak more on Lana Wachowski trying the **** out of everyone’s intelligence, but that whole situation speaks for itself. I wonder what they was into…

Purposely predictable/10…Imma save you guys the dramatic sensationalism, it the first movie again.

Yahya was a cool “Morpheus” tho.

Man I fell asleep again 20 min in :lol: but I got to it and finished.

I dunno this is wild. Pretty sad. This is like after the first trilogy where we got a whole lot of movies and directors that were clearly influenced by the Matrix do a blatant watered down, copy, knockoff of the material. It reminds me of the rehash of The Force Awakens in the worse way.

What was with all the constant flashbacks, cutscenes to the first movie? Too many callbacks, forced nostalgia, and trying to reminisce. The Warner Bros are going to do another trilogy no matter what was so sick and sad. Wasn't even a meta reference. It was blatant :lol: They should've done it regardless with somebody else. Not any of the Wachowskis.

Yaya as this Morpheus/agent mix is just pretty whack. Real trash. This was a bad idea. Wasn't likable or cool.

Since there will be another one, I just hope they reveal the real Morpheus is alive, got scooped up by the machines and they're holding him hostage now to try and get Neo and Trinity back in their pods. Get these replacements out of here.

Keanu was Neo. Nothing to hate or really praise.

I get the complaints of the look of the movie. Clean but a bit off and not unique.

This new agent Smith is pure TRASH. I don't care about this evolving program talk. They couldn't find a more menacing looking actor to recast? Going around calling Neo Tom? :smh:

Jada's Naiobi ended up being the best character in this for me. Going from how she was a risk taker and a bit reckless to being this responsible progressive overprotective leader. It was just some good character work.

NPH wasn't a bad choice he should mostly be the talking bad guy. He's not a threat any other way.

There's a good story somewhere in here. Probably. Just smothered and bogged down by a few things.

Didn't care for the 3rd act much

5/8
The script wasn’t meant for the Matrix. It was a standalone story about 2 people who died and then were brought back to life. Lana Wachowski wrote it as part of her grieving process for her parents then eventually was convinced to finish it as part of the matrix series. After her parents died she had regrets for not giving Neo and Trinity a happy ending so she made this. And you can tell from the editing and how some things were clearly cut out of the movie that Warner brothers saw it as a $$$ opportunity to stretch the series if this one does well. For example:
Morpheus died. Almost everyone in revolutions dies. But they cut out the specifics and made it vague so if they decide to shoot a spin-off, a “this is what happened in those 60 years,” or a sequel they can delve into (or resurrect) those characters and storylines as much as they want.

The script wasn’t meant for the Matrix. It was a standalone story about 2 people who died and then were brought back to life. Lana Wachowski wrote it as part of her grieving process for her parents then eventually was convinced to finish it as part of the matrix series. After her parents died she had regrets for not giving Neo and Trinity a happy ending so she made this. And you can tell from the editing and how some things were clearly cut out of the movie that Warner brothers saw it as a $$$ opportunity to stretch the series if this one does well. For example:
Morpheus died. Almost everyone in revolutions dies. But they cut out the specifics and made it vague so if they decide to shoot a spin-off, a “this is what happened in those 60 years,” or a sequel they can delve into (or resurrect) those characters and storylines as much as they want.
Did not know this.

Cash grab at its finest. Typical Hollywood.

Why couldn't they simply take the time and create a new script for a new trilogy?

This is also the problem with movies that are metaphorically about something else.

It was something to watch. Solid entertainment, but of course doesnt come close the original. It just feel like an opportunity to use the IP. Nothing mind blowing or cool about it really. Just decent entertainment for a sat night.

Since there will be another one
Another one?
lebron-james-walk-out.gif

Back
Top Bottom