Matrix 4 Out Now

The matrix resurrections was hot garbage for a number of reasons. This movie essentially, trivializes all of the events of the first trilogy. All those people died, they thought that entire war , neo and Trinity sacrifice themselves only for the machines to create another matrix right afterwards? So what was the point point of anything?

I actually liked the meta-textual and self-referential stuff in the film. That really worked for me. The rest of the movie was terrible.

The fight choreography was terrible. This was a highlight of the first trilogy, but the fight scenes in this movie were just subpar.

Do they ever explain why the entire world literally revolves around neo and Trinity? Why is there that big burst of energy when they touch fingers?

If this is 60 years after the events of the first trilogy, why has neo only aged 20 years?
Basically wachowski just retconned trinitys overall importance. Neo went from being the one/anomaly to sidekicks with trinity and her now being important.

Keanu doesn’t even care anymore and it shows but the matrix used to always be known for it’s crazy fashion. Neos cape coat thing etc. all the style was gone
All the everything that made matrix dope is gone. Every single thing. Even neo was wack in this. Everything bro. The fights were trash. Every single thing. Even the robots looked soft and unthreatening.

All the everything that made matrix dope is gone. Every single thing. Even neo was wack in this. Everything bro. The fights were trash. Every single thing. Even the robots looked soft and unthreatening.
My thing is, if you don’t wanna do it, don’t be involved. Keanu isn’t interested at all. Wachowski pretty much did a FU with the movie. Yaya was on board but his character was goofy. And bugs was fine but most of the other main players didn’t know the movie they were in. WB shouldn’t have forced Lana to make a movie they didn’t want to. You can have a matrix without them. The action director and the other sister didn’t come on board because they weren’t interested anymore

Fully agree. Just do a full remake. New story. Characters. Instead of a half *** nostalgic continuation. WB doesnt gaf. And nobody else did either. I'm sure they could've gotten other writers and directors and given us a better product. Look at Dark Knight and batman.

Chris Nolan obliterated TDK series. And yet and still, Batman looks kinda cool. Fresh ideas and pov's are important too.

Aight yall just saying **** now..

The few we did see were supposed to be. Some of yall really aren’t absorbing “The Loop” aspect.

Aight yall just saying **** now..

The few we did see were supposed to be. Some of yall really aren’t absorbing “The Loop” aspect.
:lol: We understand everything. It's not complex or deep. It's just stupid and unappealing. Robots that evolve into puppy like sentients is goofy as hell

My thing is, if you don’t wanna do it, don’t be involved. Keanu isn’t interested at all. Wachowski pretty much did a FU with the movie. Yaya was on board but his character was goofy. And bugs was fine but most of the other main players didn’t know the movie they were in. WB shouldn’t have forced Lana to make a movie they didn’t want to. You can have a matrix without them. The action director and the other sister didn’t come on board because they weren’t interested anymore
The director wasn't forced at all..

WB was going to make the movie regardless. With that fact in mind, Lana chose to be a part of the sequel.

Yeah, the clothes sucked in this. They had imitation morpheus dressed like the joker for some reason.

Will The Matrix 5 Happen?​

Heading straight to source, Lana Wachowski replied with a firm "No" when asked about The Matrix Resurrections instigating a whole new trilogy (via AP), which tells us there are no firm plans - in her mind, at least - for Matrix 5.

As you'd expect, Warner Bros. are talking more positively about The Matrix 5. According to Ann Sarnoff (WarnerMedia CEO), they're ready with the green stamp of approval any time Lana Wachowski wants to plug into the Matrix (via Deadline), so whether or not The Matrix 5 happens is clearly dependent on getting the director aboard. Though Sarnoff would obviously prefer Lana behind the wheel, The Matrix Resurrections has Jonathan Groff drop the line, "Warner Brothers has decided to make a sequel... they informed me they're going to do it with or without us."

Damn, bros.....I highkey liked this joint.
I can't find many complaints outside of how "colorful" everything was, but that was mostly inside the MATRIX.(and that made sense, since the MATRIX was reset, recreated and UPDATED)
It did feel overwhelmingly like I was watching an episode of SENSE8 at times, but outside of that.....was definitely enjoying myself and the STORIES.

Last edited:
Only watched this movie because 1. I was at work bored & 2. I tapped into my own Matrix and used one of my Free.99 sites to watch it.

Overall this was complete trash. Not enough fighting scenes, way too many flashbacks & cringe moments to explain how even the directors didn't believe in the movie. Hell they would have been better off making a complete reboot for the smartphone generation.

i’m glad they didn’t have more fighting scenes cause them scenes were trash. carrie ann too old and stiff even keanu was looking slow. contrast those crappy scenes with the epic keymaker/freeway/twins scene in reloaded and what a letdown.

I mean that is kinda forcing her hand from her perspective. Should have just seperated from it though and let them be associated with the results.
Probably time to stop looking at the Matrix like your own personal indie movie and treat it like the franchise it is and cut the cord.

Do like George Lucas did (and the Wachowskis aren't even in the same position).

Basically wachowski just retconned trinitys overall importance. Neo went from being the one/anomaly to sidekicks with trinity and her now being important.
I think Trinity is dope af. But I wasnt feeling the, makin Neo look bunz and make her look like the boss, aspect. Was lowkey wondering if there was some messaging involved, especially in the last scene.

I think Trinity is dope af. But I wasnt feeling the, makin Neo look bunz and make her look like the boss, aspect. Was lowkey wondering if there was some messaging involved, especially in the last scene.
The scene where he couldn’t fly?

It's pretty clear that Lana wanted to portray the females as being the most powerful characters. Even the non-Trinity main female character just plugged in and out of the matrix and showed up randomly. None of this movie made sense.

The scene where he couldn’t fly?
Then too but the end where*****spoiler*******

(At the therapist crib) She flys in,. Neo walks in. She does the *** kicking. He stands there pettin a cat. Therapist at him like, fam, control yo *****. And she whoops him some more.

Then too but the end where*****spoiler*******

(At the therapist crib) She flys in,. Neo walks in. She does the *** kicking. He stands there pettin a cat. Therapist at him like, fam, control yo *****. And she whoops him some more.
Like trinity in the trilogy could barely handle an agent. Neo would you with them. Female empowerment is fine. If that’s the case, make it more of a reboot and introduce that character vs de powering existing characters

The both fly at the very end tho. I took as they was force feeding Neo blue pills so he had to shake that off before he cause so the one stuff again and was slowly getting it all back during the movie.

Also I thought they built this new Matrix around Trinity and Neo and that why it was going to fall down if they unhooked both. With them both being the source now (not just Neo) it would make sense for her to have powers. That atleast I how I viewed it. Could be 100% wrong.

Back
Top Bottom