MAX | Out Now | Tokyo Vice Season 2

Hbo has been doing a ton of mini series lately glad to see we will actually get a couple seasons of Raised By Wolves

Finally.

and dcuniverse is dead will be renamed dcuniverse infinite and become a comic book service. All dc universe originals will now be on HBOMax.

Last edited:
Was trying to watch the No Limit/Ruff Ryder's chronicles on the BET app and realized they don't even have that available anymore with your cable service, gotta pay a separate amount.

just caught up.. I’m confused as hell
Its pretty straightforward. Not simple but straightforward :lol:

There was a war on earth between atheists and this Mithraic religion/borderline cult in the future. The war ****ed up the planet to the point it couldn't sustain life. To keep the human race going and to survive both sides sent spaceships to the next earth-like planet.

The atheists sent two androids with 6 or 8 embryos that could be brought to term to the new planet. Over the course of a decade seemingly all of the children except one died due to radiation poisoning. Over time the androids, "mother" and "father" seem to have malfunctioned a bit especially due to the deaths of the children, mother more so than father to start.

The mother android was actually a necromancer weapon (basically a killer robot) created by the Mithraic faction in the war that was abducted by an atheist scientist and reprogrammed to be "Mother".

The Mithraic ppl sent an "ark" to the same planet with a lot of ppl in stasis pods on I think a 13 year trip. While in stasis they spent time in a simulation interacting with others in stasis like the Matrix.

The atheist faction enlisted child soldiers in the war. Two of them (I'm forgetting names since they both have two names, I just say Ragnar and his wife) who fought and grew up together tracked down a high ranking Mithraic captain and his wife, killed them, stole their faces, and took their identities so that they could leave earth on the ark. By doing this they also inherited that couple's son. They are now basically leading the Mithraic ppl on the new planet.

During the trip one member raped several women and impregnated them. He later claimed the Mithraic god, Sol, told him to do so.

When the Mithraic ship arrived they sent two groups to the planet. One group attempted to take over the atheist settlement and that's when Mother went necromancer mode and killed most of the group except Ragnar and like two ppl. She then went to the ark spaceship orbiting the planet and killed all the Mithraic ppl except for one room with 5 Mithraic children. She took the children back to the settlement planning to make them a part of her family.

Other than that, the planet has its own mysteries with other life forms and the mysterious alien structures that are on it that have been unexplored.

Last edited:
The first episode was so weird... At the end of the second I was like did she kill some of the other kids

Not sure how far along you are, but episode four (or five, I can't remember) did a really good job showing Mother's reprogramming process. In the course of various flashbacks, there is a scene where she's...

...tested on her compassion and affection (essentially, is she fit to be Mother) and decapitates a baby (not a human baby, but a synthetic one). The guy who reprogrammed Mother kept tweaking her emotion protocols until he was satisfied she wouldn't be a danger to her new family. She basically malfunctions, leading the audience to assume she played a role in the deaths.

This show is really cool. It's very old school sci-fi. Also, you have to do quite a bit of mental gymnastics to connect this with the Alien universe, so I'm not buying that. Maybe Ridley Scott just likes exploring complex android characters.

There was a war on earth between atheists and this Mithraic religion/borderline cult in the future. The war ****ed up the planet to the point it couldn't sustain life. To keep the human race going and to survive both sides sent spaceships to the next earth-like planet.

The atheists sent two androids with 6 or 8 embryos that could be brought to term to the new planet. Over the course of a decade seemingly all of the children except one died due to radiation poisoning. Over time the androids, "mother" and "father" seem to have malfunctioned a bit especially due to the deaths of the children, mother more so than father to start.

The mother android was actually a necromancer weapon (basically a killer robot) created by the Mithraic faction in the war that was abducted by an atheist scientist and reprogrammed to be "Mother".

The Mithraic ppl sent an "ark" to the same planet with a lot of ppl in stasis pods on I think a 13 year trip. While in stasis they spent time in a simulation interacting with others in stasis like the Matrix.

The atheist faction enlisted child soldiers in the war. Two of them (I'm forgetting names since they both have two names, I just say Ragnar and his wife) who fought and grew up together tracked down a high ranking Mithraic captain and his wife, killed them, stole their faces, and took their identities so that they could leave earth on the ark. By doing this they also inherited that couple's son
They are now basically leading Mithraic ppl on the new planet.

During the trip one member raped several women and impregnated them. He later claimed the Mithraic god, Sol, told him to do so.

When the Mithraic ship arrived they sent two groups to the planet. One group attempted to take over the atheist settlement and that's when Mother went necromancer mode and killed most of the group except Ragnar and like two ppl. She then went to the ark spaceship orbiting the planet and killed all the Mithraic ppl except for one room with 5 Mithraic children. She took the children back to the settlement planning to make them a part of her family.

Other than that, the planet has its own mysteries with other life forms and the mysterious alien structures that are on it that have been unexplored.

Good break down. I just caught the first ep last night. The ending of it got me locked in so far and will start back on it tonight. So the dudes that came from that kids stress call had a 12 point star on the chest of their outfits. The 12 point star can be tied to Christian Faith. They also used words like Ark, Heaven, Prophet. Is it Christian vs Necro then?

Good break down. I just caught the first ep last night. The ending of it got me locked in so far and will start back on it tonight. So the dudes that came from that kids stress call had a 12 point star on the chest of their outfits. The 12 point star can be tied to Christian Faith. They also used words like Ark, Heaven, Prophet. Is it Christian vs Necro then?
The Mithraic religion was an actual real world religion during the Roman Empire https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mit...ship in the Roman,always in the central niche

I imagine like most religions they share a lot of the same stories and superstitions.

The Mithras faction created the necromancer androids it just got co-opted by the atheists. I see it simply as religion vs. logical reasoning not specifically science since the believers will use science as it suits them.

The atheist faction enlisted child soldiers in the war. Two of them (I'm forgetting names since they both have two names, I just say Ragnar and his wife) who fought and grew up together tracked down a high ranking Mithraic captain and his wife, killed them, stole their faces, and took their identities so that they could leave earth on the ark. By doing this they also inherited that couple's son. They are now basically leading the Mithraic ppl on the new planet.

I mean, I know what’s going on or what happened.. just zero clue where things are going

especially with ya boy and the voices and now him being the one

Forgive my ignorance but wtf is HBO max? I already have HBO and its already expensive as it is:angry:

Think of HBO Max as basically Warner Brothers' streaming service, and unrelated to HBO. Max has exclusive original programming, along with stuff like Friends, South Park, etc. It's how they get you to buy the service.

I mean, I know what’s going on or what happened.. just zero clue where things are going

especially with ya boy and the voices and now him being the one
Given its not based on anything particular its like any other show in that lane that nobody else has a clue where things are going.

At best I can assume some confrontation with the humans that came to the planet and what or who 8s already on the planet.

I’ve been keeping up for the most part, but thank you. I love this genre, but sometimes I find myself just watching for the visuals.

Its a decent foundation for the story to grow. TV has been dry.

And yeah, dude’s always gonna be Ragnar to me, too.:lol:

Last edited:
I’ve been keeping up for the most part, but thank you. I love this genre, but sometimes I find myself just watching for the visuals.

Its a decent foundation for the story to grow. TV has been dry.

And yeah, dude’s always gonna be Ragnar to me, too.:lol:

I mentioned in a previous post about how this feels like old school, Asimov-style sci-fi. Just slow burn, bleak sci-fi, often featuring menacing androids (Ex Machina was like this, which is why I liked it so much). I'm sure I'm the only one on here who is into this stuff, but as a fan of 1950s sci-fi radio dramas, RBW feels like the event television version of those.

Back
Top Bottom