MAX | Out Now | Tokyo Vice Season 2

I'm about to check out the Undoing now. Hopefully it holds my attention. Did anyone else watch Succession? Such a good show IMO. I'm definitely ready for season 3.

1604537973376.jpeg

Last edited:
Finished Watchmen last night. Great show. A wonderful sequel to the original graphic novel.

A little salty that they don’t give credit to Alan Moore, who has penned many classics comic stories. Edit: Didn’t know the back story that he requested his name be removed from the work he doesn’t own.

Last edited:
Finished Watchmen last night. Great show. A wonderful sequel to the original graphic novel.

A little salty that they don’t give credit to Alan Moore, who has penned many classics comic stories. Edit: Didn’t know the back story that he requested his name be removed from the work he doesn’t own.

Finished it before the Emmy awards.

When is HBO Max coming to Xfinity? Can't even get this app on FireStick but I'm an HBO subscriber. :stoneface:

I get it. It’s personal choice. I don’t read comics anymore but he was my GOAT.

It’s crazy a lot of his catalog (League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen, V, From Hell, Watchmen) have been made into films. None of them have been done justice until HBO adopted Watch Men. Would I have ever wanted a sequel. No. But I can’t complain.

I get it. It’s personal choice. I don’t read comics anymore but he was my GOAT.

It’s crazy a lot of his catalog (League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen, V, From Hell, Watchmen) have been made into films. None of them have been done justice until HBO adopted Watch Men. Would I have ever wanted a sequel. No. But I can’t complain.

Honestly bro for HBO to take watchmen over 20 years after it's release and create such a perfect sequel is amazing to me. I always tell people this is like someone writing something along the lines of romeo and juliet part 2 and not ****ing it up.

I've never seen someone take someone else's source material and seamlessly make a continuation in film. That reason alone makes me happy they didn't try for season 2. As great as it is, there's too much room for error the longer they run it. One and done was perfect for that show (even though that breaks my heart as a fan).

When is HBO Max coming to Xfinity? Can't even get this app on FireStick but I'm an HBO subscriber. :stoneface:
I sideloaded it on my Firestick and it works as if it were made for the FireTV. I think they made the app to function on the Firestick, but legal stuff kept it off the store, so it’s pretty much the official app.

Honestly bro for HBO to take watchmen over 20 years after it's release and create such a perfect sequel is amazing to me. I always tell people this is like someone writing something along the lines of romeo and juliet part 2 and not ****ing it up.

I've never seen someone take someone else's source material and seamlessly make a continuation in film. That reason alone makes me happy they didn't try for season 2. As great as it is, there's too much room for error the longer they run it. One and done was perfect for that show (even though that breaks my heart as a fan).
I wholeheartedly agree.

As much as I loved King's, Iron's, and the rest of the staff's performances. It's best to stop while the iron is hot.

It's too bad they don't commission other projects based on DC and Vertigo comics. A Batman Year One minus the Nolanisms, the camp and Burton touches but straight gritty. I'd die.

They should try a Garth Ennis or Warren Ellis joint next. With Netflix raising their prices, I'm not upset at the $12.99 I'm paying right now for HBO Max.

I've True Detective Season 3 and Watchmen the last week. All quality work.

I think FX bought the rights to Y the Last Man a long time ago. That and Fable are probably my two favorite Verigo books ever.

I'm a big BKV guy and would really like to see how his work transitions to TV. Hbo has a DC deal in place though, wouldn't be surprised to see them grab up a couple of other gems down the line.

RIP Vertigo, I know it's basically just a name change but man I spent hours reading **** from that line. Great memories.

FX is developing the Y: The Last Man tv series. Scrapped the first go at it and are going through the process again now.

Unlike Watchmen, which DC basically swindled from Moore, all those Vertigo comics were creator owned to an extent. So it's not like they'll automatically go to HBO.

FX is developing the Y: The Last Man tv series. Scrapped the first go at it and are going through the process again now.

Unlike Watchmen, which DC basically swindled from Moore, all those Vertigo comics were creator owned to an extent. So it's not like they'll automatically go to HBO.
I didn't realize that Vertigo was run similar to Image on that regards. That pretty dope. Hopefully we can get some good work down the line. There are some great stories to be told.

I didn't realize that Vertigo was run similar to Image on that regards. That pretty dope. Hopefully we can get some good work down the line. There are some great stories to be told.
Only a little bit. They're less like Image when it comes to the comics. Like they own some rights there and take some of the income but shopping the property for tv and film rights can be done by the creators.

Like Ennis' Preacher which he had made with AMC.

In that vein, Moore had to get ho'd by DC/WB for these other creators to have rights. Damn near all his independent work done @ DC ended up as WB movies (V for Vendetta, League of Extraordinary Gentleman, etc.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom