MAX | Out Now | Tokyo Vice Season 2

I mentioned in a previous post about how this feels like old school, Asimov-style sci-fi. Just slow burn, bleak sci-fi, often featuring menacing androids (Ex Machina was like this, which is why I liked it so much). I'm sure I'm the only one on here who is into this stuff, but as a fan of 1950s sci-fi radio dramas, RBW feels like the event television version of those.
Right there with you.

Love sci-fi in most forms. Can definitely appreciate this more vintage style since it isn't done as much.

Not sure how far along you are, but episode four (or five, I can't remember) did a really good job showing Mother's reprogramming process. In the course of various flashbacks, there is a scene where she's...

...tested on her compassion and affection (essentially, is she fit to be Mother) and decapitates a baby (not a human baby, but a synthetic one). The guy who reprogrammed Mother kept tweaking her emotion protocols until he was satisfied she wouldn't be a danger to her new family. She basically malfunctions, leading the audience to assume she played a role in the deaths.

This show is really cool. It's very old school sci-fi. Also, you have to do quite a bit of mental gymnastics to connect this with the Alien universe, so I'm not buying that. Maybe Ridley Scott just likes exploring complex android characters.
I haven’t seen past episode 2 as yet. The beginning felt like a colorized twilight zone episode. With the gender less mother android. I was like ok what is this.. why are the babies so small.. what is she feeding them with.. Pretty much stuck with it out of sheer curiosity

Forgive my ignorance but wtf is HBO max? I already have HBO and its already expensive as it is:angry:

It’s HBO plus extra content owned or licensed by Warner Media, ie South Park, Boondocks, Studio Ghibli films, Friends, Fresh Prince, Rick & Morty, etc. HBO Max also has original content like Raised By Wolves and they basically Debo’d the shows from DC Universe, like Doom Patrol and Harley Quinn.

If you have a cable subscription, you might have HBO Max. However you’ll also need the right TV or device to play, it isn’t currently on Roku or Amazon (although there’s a way of seeing it on the Firestick).

HBO Max has been out for several months now and it's disgusting that they still don't have an app for Amazon Fire stick or Roku. Why would you release a streaming service without support from the two largest streaming devices in the country? I'm forced to watch content on my phone and laptop. It's ridiculous.

HBO Max has been out for several months now and it's disgusting that they still don't have an app for Amazon Fire stick or Roku. Why would you release a streaming service without support from the two largest streaming devices in the country? I'm forced to watch content on my phone and laptop. It's ridiculous.

You can use the app on a PS4 if you got one.

but I also liked Prometheus when apparently a lot of ppl didn't

rewatching now and shhh bothered me a ton at the tome because of how good I thought it would be.. Like IM3 with the mandarin

but it’s little shh like giving stringer bell the texas southern accent.. but shh is great til the 50 min mark and then seemingly does some unnecessary stuff

like the captain seeing the pile of dead bodies and saying peace out.. so much potential for greatness

literally could have just had the David scene with spiking the drink.. and then have the 2 dudes in the cave attacked in their sleep

then the next day the captain is part of the expedition for some reason.. like movie is being patient, obviously with certain characters, then you have that move to seemingly just get dude more scenes

EDIT

yea I dont get why they were in a rush after the initial 50 mins.. could have had ole girl pass out after the whatever is removed and skipped to like 30 days or even 60 days later

then she’s healed.. and the crew and everyone have a false sense of security.. meanwhile David has been studying and messing with her and those things, so it makes sense why he cares about saving her later on.. and the engineer still snaps when waken up, but least ole girl and her fetus have been given time by David.. also whatever David has been doing to the crew and ole girl

Last edited:

I feel you. I had to sideload it onto my firestick. It's a bit of an inconvenience but it takes like 5-10 minutes and works like a charm.

amazon wants to force you to download thehbo go or hbo now app through them, not really hbo’s fault but there is a way to do it, just google how to do it on the fire stick

Signed up for HBO Max under the discount code to watch Raised by Wolves and other high quality content.

Im on episode 9 of Raised. It started slow. But I definitely have enjoyed the last few episodes.

Man she legit gave birth to the serpent.

I knew not to trust that immaculate conception off jump.

Ragnar is on one now too. Drank all the kool-aid.

That thing remaining alive is wild creepy.

watched Wild Card over the weekend and it was crazy especially because I used to watch the show every morning. You would hear him talking about blackjack a lot and had no clue that it was that serious. Hoping they announce his come back soon.

fingers crossed that they would put him back on with boomer but I doubt that will happen.

Back
Top Bottom