MBDTF didn't get nom for album of the year vol. WOW!!!!!!!

MBDTF received 94 on metacritic, no big deal! Oh yea and Album of the year on multi magazines/sites.

And Rihannas Loud gets a nod???

kanyeows6.gif

Grammys becoming lamer and lamer
30t6p3b.gif

"@#$@#$#@ ridiculous." I'm honestly shocked that it didn't get a nod, you'd think with all the critical acclaim it would be different this time. 
Kanye shouldn't even attend the show, they disrespected him big time with this. Loud really got a nod over MBDTF? 
indifferent.gif

Probably out of spite due to his antics. They're pushing his buttons to see what he'll do/say.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Probably out of spite due to his antics. They're pushing his buttons to see what he'll do/say.

However he did get the most nods with 7 though.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

"@#$@#$#@ ridiculous." I'm honestly shocked that it didn't get a nod, you'd think with all the critical acclaim it would be different this time. 
Kanye shouldn't even attend the show, they disrespected him big time with this. Loud really got a nod over MBDTF? 
indifferent.gif
That's probably what they want him to do to further expand his public persona as an egotistical douche. If I was him I'd just go and take some sort of subliminal or direct shot at them during his acceptance speech.

Some of the Grammy nods or winners should def not be considered as the "best" in music. They basically just nominate whatever is hot right now,I mean C4 really? And because of the prestige and Grammy name,the sheep are going to use the awards to judge what the best music is
30t6p3b.gif
. At least the Oscars actually try nominate the best films instead of the big,popular blockbusters which is pretty much what the Grammys do nowadays. It's a shame
tired.gif

i've neer been legitimately angry about something like this. i was really mad...i wish i was famous so i could boycott them like Jay-Z did for DMX...or Marlon Brando and the Oscars.

how devastating....music will never be the same without the superficial awards to validate the artistry!

listen though...i wonder if there will be some type of backlash. MBDTF got perfect ratings from almost everyone. Pitchforck, Rolling Stone...not just hip-hop oriented mags and sites. The consensus was basically that it was the best album of 2010. period. any genre. i mean Elton John sung BACK UP vocals on this %!!!. JAY-Z DID A VIDEO FOR A FEATURE FOR THIS %!!!!
laugh.gif
it's almost TOO obvious what's going on.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

MBDTF >>>>> every other album nominated

Thread/.
(All the records nominated for ROTY have done very well on the Billboard Hot 100 too. Think about that too NT'ers).

Bruno Mars and Rihanna's albums are nowhere near 21, MBDTF, and on a lower tier, Born this Way and the Foo Fighters album.
30t6p3b.gif
snubbed.

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
 I'd venture to say that NONE of you have listened to all 5 of those albums, yet you want to *%%!+ about how Kanye didn't have the opportunity to lose to Adele. 
Get !*%@%@! real. He's one of my favorite artists, but you guys are just blind. 

Originally Posted by Futuristic

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
 I'd venture to say that NONE of you have listened to all 5 of those albums, yet you want to *%%!+ about how Kanye didn't have the opportunity to lose to Adele. 

tumblr_lf6r0v46oM1qbvihuo1_500.gif

Pretty ignorant assumption,I don't think people would judge albums they haven't even listened to. Kinda like judging movies you haven't seen before.

You're tryna tell me that Rihannas worst album so far imo,Bruno mars' solid debut(that's it,just solid nothing special or memorable about it. No idea how this got the nod actually,dozens of more deserving albums came out this year),Born this Way (which is def not a bad album at all and has a great theme but it didn't leave me with a amazing lasting impression or any reason to replay it,not mad at it's nomination) are all better than one of the best Rap albums of the past 10 years?

*Can't really judge the new Foo-Fighters album since I didn't actually listen to it.

The ONLY reason why those 3 got nominated is solely because of the popularity of the Artists and not musical merit. Gaga's the biggest artist in the world and went platinum in a week,Rihanna's been one of the biggest artists for a couple years now and Bruno Mars is one of the more popular male pop artists now.You really think that a Rihanna album should ever be considered one of the best of the year? Naa. Nowadays,the Grammys usually nominate the biggest artists for the biggest awards now to attract as many viewers as they can and although the actual winners have usually been deserving

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

explain this one sir How does an artist lead the Grammys in nominations but doesnt get nominated for best album??? I feel bad for Kanye that was his Magnum Opus..........

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
21 is not better than MBDTF though.
Back on topic, who cares about these awards? The Grammy's are no longer a vehicle for acknowledging the BEST of the year, but rather, a ceremony to congratulate the most popular. Most of the best music of the past year will go unnoticed by the mainstream.

Back
Top Bottom