McDonalds AA Game 9:30 ESPN

Monroe caught a bow to the head or something and he was on the sideline getting medical attention.

Didn't look serious. Probably just a scratch or little cut.

Lookin real soft in other words.
laugh.gif

I don't like Tyreke Evans' game...He is much like Shaun Livingston, 'cept worse.

I'm liking Wake Forest's chances next year: Aminu is gonna light up the ACC.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Monroe caught a bow to the head or something and he was on the sideline getting medical attention.

Didn't look serious. Probably just a scratch or little cut.

Lookin real soft in other words.
laugh.gif

Son was crying like a %*$%% too...

I saw him mouth to the coach "Oww, It hurts I don't wanna play no more"....

Stomping his feet on the ground when they put the band-aid on his eye...

Real Talk..

For what it's worth...Tom Brennan was one of the best X's/O's guys who coached....did a hell of a job up at Vermont
nah..growing up around New England hoops..

Coppenrath absolutely fell into his lap....didn't play HS ball until his JR year. won state player of the year and that late in the process he was a givento UVM

he can thank him and TJ for his late coaching career success and his ESPN job. I can't find his record, but it aint impressive at all, until those 2 showedup.

Can Lute and that program still develop a great PG? That would be my question

Evans is a great scorer but doesnt look like he will be dropping 10+ dimes too often, will be a star though

I watched Monroe on ESPN this year and now tonight...
and I swear he reminds me of

<<<.....way too passive at times

I wouldn't worry about the "coasting"--he'll be fine once he gets to college and he'll be in better condition, understand the difference in intensity, etc...and you'll see him up his game. It's one thing when someone has been hyped has never dominated--but Monroe has and done so with superior teammates around him.

One aspect that doesn't get mentioned a lot with regard to Monroe--he and his fellow SR's were first group of kids to attend Helen Cox--which is a new school in New Orleans area. He could've transferred to a more storied program--but elected to stay at Helen Cox and build something. They've only been eligible for the State Tournament 3 years--and by staying-he took them to not only their first championship--but also the school's only championship in any sport. He chose to build something/stay with teammates/classmates--and while he did have some talented kids alongside of him--Calvin Thompson is going to Howard--it's not as if he played at Oak Hill, or St. Anthony's. His AAU team wasn't very good either--and he didn't ditch them either. He worked on his game--which for some reason got trashed by "Gurus" this past summer--Mike DeCourcy of Sporting News lit into him for working on his game--the very thing they trash kids when they do NOT work on their skills and just "play games and dunk".

Thing about Monroe--he's unselfish and when you have a limited team around you--it can frustrate people watching--because they want to see domination from someone capable. When you think of his game--he might be most prepared to enter college though--he's not going to have be told "Greg--don't take that shot with 3 guys on you--pass it to open guy"--that is second nature to him--and he's a wonderful passer/has great court vision. I actually think you'll love his numbers next year--because he'll be a lot like Jeff Green-filling up a lot of categories-consistently-although I think Monroe has potential to be a better rebounder, is a better passer/shot blocker at same stage--he blocks shots like a Center---he's not just good at it--he has a natural talent doing it--timing, etc... which is hard to teach.

I think you'll see him show some of his skills tonight--but he's playing on a team with Brandon Jennings who is a lot of flash--and all about Brandon Jennings--he'll pass but he'll also try to make it a show--and he'll get "oohs" from the crowd and hype from announcers--but Monroe will be like Chris/Austin a year ago-but have a chance to show a bit more--due to him being 6'10 and handling ball/passing, so you should see some nice skills.

Last but not least--Monroe is only 17 years old--which is age most of the kids you see with him tonight--were LAST YEAR.

Basically this aint his type of game, at all.

I said it a couple months ago, but Fred Hill gonna have somethin goin over at Rutgers..

they just landed a good big man for 09....

Rosario, Coburn and Chandler gona make a nice backcourt for the next 3 years

lets get walker back in this game, and im gettin sick of the rosario talk up by these announcers, you would think he was the second coming of lebron orsomething

How these dudes go to the top HS's in America and seem like they're never required to hit the weight room?

Back
Top Bottom