:::Meet iPad::: (It really is magical.)

Originally Posted by treewing

I seriously hated this thing as I watched the presentation. But as we've been talking about the evolution of electronic media in my broadcasting class I have come to realize that this is the next big thing. EVERYTHING we read (newspapers, magazines, textbooks, novels, journals, tabloids, etc.) can be compressed into the iPad... This product isn't supposed to be an all-inclusive/do-everything computer, it's built with a specific purpose not a general one. How many times have you lost a manual for something that you needed? How about being able to download that manuals and have videos embedded in them so that you actually understand what normal pictures would have you confused about?

I dunno, it just makes more sense to me knowing that this isn't suppose to be competing with netbooks (which I think are stupid) and that their main purpose and hugest market is in the business of converting thousands of literature documents into something that is mobile. I hate carrying books to school, I would much rather carry this thing around with my all of my required texts in it than all my books.

I understand the argument of it being a big iPod Touch cuz that's what I thought too.... But... who's going to want to read a textbook/novel/magazine on a 4 inch screen for long periods of time?
okbye.

Not sure if this got posted but this is definitely cool:

icade_main_zoom.jpg

icade_desk_embed_zoom.jpg

The iCade($150) from thinkgeek, it is an arcade cabinet accessory for your iPad.

To use the iCade, gently slide the iPad into the docking cradle.

The docking cradle uses a standard 30 pin connector to link the iPad to the professional-grade arcade controls.

Once the iPad is in place, launch the iCade App (available free in the App Store April 3rd) and it’s game on!

We didn’t want to take any chances you’d run out of juice during your favorite game, so we included a 10w USB power adapter so you can charge the iPad through any electrical outlet.

oh man that's pretty damn cool. not enough to make me buy one though. we'll see how the product evolves. 

Before Saturday: "Who wants this big piece of trash. It aint nothing but an oversized, glorified ipod touch. It can't even multitask."

After Saturday: "I want an iPad. It's
eek.gif
"

I'm just waiting.

Oh yea, here's the vid from last night...

are you getting one on launch day? or waiting for the demand to go down to where you can walk into an apple store/best buy and buy one?

I'm gonna wait it out for the 3G version.

I figure it would be more cost-effective in the long run to get the added security of a 3G radio and free AT&T wifi hotspots, than fork over some cash for the Wifi only version and only be able to use it in certain locations. That's how I feel with my ipod touch now. Don't want to feel that way with my iPad.

This thing will basically replace my netbook. The only reason I'll need my netbook is to skype and to sync/transfer media.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

are you getting one on launch day? or waiting for the demand to go down to where you can walk into an apple store/best buy and buy one?
He'll be waiting with the rest of them...

sheep.jpg

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

This thing will basically replace my netbook.
laugh.gif

Netflix iPad app now available in the App Store

Software, Tablet PCs, HD Content
Netflix iPad app now available in the App Store
By Nilay Patel posted Apr 1st 2010 7:07PM

We'd gotten wind of the Netflix iPad app earlier this morning, but when it wasn't included in the first batch of apps to hit the App Store we just assumed it was coming on Saturday -- or possibly even later. But fear not, movie fans: it's just gone live, complete with screenshot confirmation that it'll do streaming video. That's a huge win for Apple and the iPad, given the restrictions on mobile devices Netflix has traditionally operated under -- remember, Microsoft was only allowed to say the Windows Phone 7 Series Netflix app was a "prototype" when it was demoed at MIX. We're guessing the blurry line between the iPad and regular laptops / netbooks worked in Netflix's favor here, but that's just a semantic debate -- we're much more amused by the fact that the app itself is rated 12+ in the App Store for "Simulated Gambling," "Fantasy Violence," and "Suggestive Themes," simply because it plays back movies from your queue that might have such scandalous content. Oh, App Store -- you truly are a paradise of misapplied bureaucratic intent unequaled in the tragic history of our civilization.

via Engadget

Originally Posted by CWrite78

http://www.engadget.com/2...oojoo-is-here-seriously/

and then they get mad because they get called out on their apple bias
laugh.gif

they are reviewing apps for the ipad.. and none of them own an ipad. but here they have the joojoo and nobody cares about it.

unbiased reporting is truly dead.
i'll be damned if i found a site/blog that doesn't consider Apple their god. 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
 they don't even hide it anymore. 

it's sad really, i can't even visit gizmodo or engadget this week. they have truly over done it with their ipad coverage. basically trying to convince people to buy it. and then they sit there and cry because people start saying they are getting handouts from apple for the coverage. like, what are people suppose to think?

You calling me stupid but this iPad can't even do things a PC tablet can do. People are better off with iPhones & Macbooks. This is clearly for the sheep. iPad is basically a test to see how dumb consumers are.

Just called the apple store and was told I can't play with it til tomorrow.
indifferent.gif

No way I'm gonna brave the early adopters just to play with it. I really want to play with it though.
embarassed.gif

Lady on the phone said 3G wouldn't be available for another month. And still that's speculative.
grin.gif

I thought it was three weeks, at most.

Remember when the iPhone first came out and all of the Apple employees who had been with the company for over a year got a free iPhone? It be cool if they did the same thing with the iPad...........................

I was looking at the apple website, and it had a system requirements, mac or PC, so you still need to sync it with a computer? how is it supposed to compete with netbooks, if it is dependent on a computer to update or sync like an ipod touch, iphone, etc.... i guess we'll find out tomorrow what needs to be done. it should be able to charge, run, and use like a laptop, sucks if people bought this as a replacement to their laptops and netbooks, only to find out its pretty much useless for school and work. but then again...i don't know anything, I'm a PC for computer needs, but iPhone 3gs > all, in cell phones.

ill wait till the third installment of the ipad, after people jailbreak it and I can watch nba league pass for free on it the way i do on my ipod touch.

Back
Top Bottom