Mega Churches.....?

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

God isn't forcing these church-go'ers to give up the guap... You dont wanna support the Church?...Go to another one.

If it's not God who's making you give the money, then aren't you doing it for the wrong reason?

new career goal: become a pastor..

take all you suckers' money
pimp.gif

Too many ignorant 'believers' giving up cash for nothing. These people are just asking to be taken advantage of.

Well I go to Lakewood in Houston, and the money made from church goes to keeping the building running. The Olsteen's make their money from the books andmultimedia stuff they release. I had my own preconceived notions before I started attending there, but it is what it is. I've seen much shadier operationsat the church I attended prior...........5 years later and that building still hasn't seen so much as a nail put in it.
smh.gif

My Quote thingy aint working so....This is for Cz7

Churches have to get funded some how, If you love your Church and its ways...then you shouldnt have a problem with supporting it financially.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

it's crazy, my cousin went to one in Atlanta and when he saw the pastor pull up in a Rolls-Royce he hasn't been back

Yea there's a pastor that lives out this way who drives a phantom. And theres another who has a Helicopter and a $3 million dollar house.

theres a church around the corner from me that not only has atms... but an actual bank inside

Originally Posted by BLinK

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Or you could just not go to a church period. You don't need a church to be a believer.
I like to compare church to class

You can learn Thermodynamics on your own, but for some people a lecture is beneficial to establish direction or clarify issues.
However, at the end of the day YOU must learn the material.

Same with church. The only way to heaven is through God/Jesus Christ and you (if you have the mental capacity to) must make that decision on your own. However,church is there to help you along the way if you need it. It's not necessary though.

That's my view on church.

they just built a church around my way that has a swimming pool and bowling alley inside and valet parking every sunday,right in the middle of the hood wherethey are trying to raise funds to build a school because theres not enough room for all the kids in that neighborhood...i find that crazy

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Or you could just not go to a church period. You don't need a church to be a believer.

You can learn Thermodynamics on your own, but for some people a lecture is beneficial to establish direction or clarify issues.

Same with church. The only way to heaven is through God/Jesus Christ and you (if you have the mental capacity to) must make that decision on your own. However, church is there to help you along the way if you need it. It's not necessary though.

Going to class IS necessary though.

There's actually two megachurches in the mid-sized town my mother stays in, and the one I actually visited was wild. It felt like the new Dallas CowboysStadium of churches, with a Starbucks, bookstore, and other things all in the foyer / lobby area. I remember they even had the city police department on dutyas security. What made me feel weird was that I met the pastor two consecutive Sundays after service and the second time the guy acted like he never met me inmy life. That and all the constant talk about "prosperity" turned me off. SMH...
smh.gif

can somebody school me real quick on tithe giving?

i always thought giving to the church is voluntary but if what throwedindagame said is right, it sounds like its mandatory. or is just depending on what churchyou belong to?

also, is there anything regulating what the money goes towards? i mean church goers do know that their money is going towards buying the pastor a new BMW rightor is that they don't really care?

Originally Posted by Wooly Willy

i always thought giving to the church is voluntary but if what throwedindagame said is right, it sounds like its mandatory. or is just depending on what church you belong to?

also, is there anything regulating what the money goes towards? i mean church goers do know that their money is going towards buying the pastor a new BMW right or is that they don't really care?
They know but the pastors preach about sowing into the sower and prosperity in other words if you give the "church" (pastor) money Godwill bless you

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Same with church. The only way to heaven is through God/Jesus Christ and you (if you have the mental capacity to) must make that decision on your own. However, church is there to help you along the way if you need it. It's not necessary though.

Going to class IS necessary though.
It really is not. I've gotten A's in ENGINEERING classes without attending.

It depends on the material and how the professor teachers the class. I've had classes where the prof teaches straight from the book, or his exams are justmaterial of lecture slides which are posted online.

If the professor is giving his exams based on material found only in class or gives random pop quizzes, then yes class attendance is important. If youdon't understand whats going on, and the professor actually knows how to teach, then yeah you go. Just like church, if youdon't understand whats going on..........you go.

i always thought giving to the church is voluntary but if what throwedindagame said is right, it sounds like its mandatory. or is just depending on what church you belong to?

also, is there anything regulating what the money goes towards? i mean church goers do know that their money is going towards buying the pastor a new BMW right or is that they don't really care?

It's not mandatory.

It's only mandatory if your church membership requires it. If you don't tithe at Creflo Dollars church, won't be listed as an official member. Youcan still attend his church though.

To answer your final question, who is watching how the government spends your tax money? If you knew how wastefull some government agencies were
laugh.gif
Congress is watching? This is like having a fox guard the hen house.

...the church is becoming their bread & butter.. this is, indeed, not ethical at all.

I'm more concerned about the spiritual enviorment than how big a church is. I have been to smaller churches on the east coast that are pretty engaging.

My church isn't like this at all, thank God. Our pastor doesn't even drive a nice car, it's broken down on him so many times on his way to church
laugh.gif

Jesus would shake his head had he witnessed what his gospel has turned into.

I have never seen a mega church, but I'm assuming it's the type you see on TV that are huge and have the flamboyant pastors (i know a bit of astereotype). If so I can't rock with or respect those people, plus I can't rock with the government not taxing them.

believe that the pastors don't even care about the religion, just want the money.
I'm almost sure of this part. They're smart men who become actors and the face of religion in order to make bank No offense to religion,but
I don't see how anyone can support that crap. I wish that one day instead of creating these magnificent million-dollar churches people would create simplestructures and go outside when its sunny (a bit of a reach, I know).

Back
Top Bottom