Mega Churches.....?

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

If you have noticed though... besides the pastors writing books, speaking engagements, etc.

Most of the mega-churches are usually in the south or a wealthy area..

So the property is relatively cheap and/or they have a good amount of $$ coming in through tithes.

very true...alot of the members of these churches are very well off themselves so their 10% is alot larger than the tithes given to a smaller church...hellhalf the members and pushin benzes and BMs into the parking lot...

alot of it is polictical also...people that attend these churches are big names and benefit from the other members in a networking way...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

If yall were in a position to Spread the word for a 6-figure salary, yall wouldnt do it?......Lets be serious, Look at it as a blessing from God

but one of the main points of christianity is humility, and those pastors didnt earn that money

Who are you to say they didnt earn that money? What does that even mean?... Does a 3rd string QB that NEVER gets in the game earn his 6-figure salary?....

Spreading the word isnt just a Sunday Job....Pastors work 7 days a week....

Originally Posted by BLinK

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i dont understand people complain about preachers having nice cars and things, but are fine w/ a rapper or dope boy driving a benz.

How do you compare a preacher to a drug dealer/rapper???
i'm just saying, a preacher can have a positive impact on the community/ world by being a gifted speaker and book writer and people are upsetbecause he has a huge following and a luxurious lifestyle....

while a dope boy can sell drugs, bring down his community and drive a benz and people look up to him and even complain when he gets locked up.

JoseBronx wrote:
KayCurrency wrote:
If yall were in a position to Spread the word for a 6-figure salary, yall wouldnt do it?......Lets be serious, Look at it as a blessing from God

but one of the main points of christianity is humility, and those pastors didnt earn that money

like Kay said its a 7 day a week job...they may not be talking to individual members like at a smaller church but they work hard...and again...these guysdon't just preach on sunday...they write books...go to speaking engagements...some have those huge seminars you have to sign up for a year in advance...allof that is outside of their home church so thats more income...i'm not saying all these people are 100% all for God but they earn alot of that moneylegit...hell their church might be buying them that bently...

Aren't pastors supposed to be following Jesus' example though?
Jesus didn't live a lavish lifestyle at all.

I think deep down inside those pastors know they are pulling a huge gaffle on their congregation. They know they are
just selling these people a dream of the "pie in the sky, by and by"

im an athiest, but im down to be a preacher or pastor or whatever they are called...they make bank..im down.
organized religion = good business

I thought it was common knowledge that religion is a scam. As for whether or not Jesus would approve of what's going on, who cares? I don't have aproblem with preachers balling off of church goers. If the constituents are stupid enough to throw their money away, let the preachers have their"gifts."

Like Kay said, can't knock the hustle.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I think deep down inside those pastors know they are pulling a huge gaffle on their congregation. They know they are

Yeah, Lets all wear camel skin sandals and long sheep wool mocks...

Yall kill me, Faith dont pay the bills.....MONEY does.

Yall gotta stop putting Finances and Jesus together....Pastors work harder than some of these exec's who pull in 6-figures a year....and we ALL know howcorrupt the corperate world is

Actually, it's all relative. He could have been quite comfortable in those times. That thought aside, you have no idea what kind of life Jesus lived. Besides, he was just a man. Why would it matter what example he set forth?

Originally Posted by eaalto

Actually, it's all relative. He could have been quite comfortable in those times. That thought aside, you have no idea what kind of life Jesus lived. Besides, he was just a man. Why would it matter what example he set forth?
It matters because these people believe he was the son of God. They teach that people should model their behavior after him and follow hisexample. But like I said, these guys are just selling dreams to people. Jesus said if you have 2 coats and someone asks you for one, give it to him. Now if Iwent up to Creflo $, and asked him for one of his cars, what do you think he'd say to me?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
DAYTONA 5000 wrote:

It matters because these people believe he was the son of God. They teach that people should model their behavior after him and follow his example. But like I said, these guys are just selling dreams to people. Jesus said if you have 2 coats and someone asks you for one, give it to him. Now if I went up to Creflo $, and asked him for one of his cars, what do you think he'd say to me?

hell no
laugh.gif

It matters because these people believe he was the son of God. They teach that people should model their behavior after him and follow his example. But like I said, these guys are just selling dreams to people. Jesus said if you have 2 coats and someone asks you for one, give it to him. Now if I went up to Creflo $, and asked him for one of his cars, what do you think he'd say to me?

He probably wouldnt give you the fish....but I bet he'd supply the Pole....

Would you give someone one of your cars if you owned 2?

these pastor are in it for the business.... has nothing to do with god or religion. they know that and i'm sure there's no guiltinvolved..... they're just selling to people what the people want.

laugh.gif
Dude would probably feed me some BS line and tell me to go enroll in his Prosperity Seminar (not free of course)

and no I wouldn't give someone one of my cars....but than again, I'm not requiring people give me a tenth of their salary, or preaching #%#% that Iknow I'm DEF not going to follow myself.

The reason im going so hard for Pastors is because I get to chop it up with one every week when I get my hair cut, He's a really good/blessed person...andI can tell he has a good heart. He brings the barbers News Papers and Mcdonalds breakfast when he comes in...little stuff that he's really not obligated todo. You can really tell he's a really Spirtially Wise man....and he lives a lavish lifestyle, which I have No problem with...

Who are you to say they didnt earn that money? What does that even mean?... Does a 3rd string QB that NEVER gets in the game earn his 6-figure salary?....

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

like Kay said its a 7 day a week job...they may not be talking to individual members like at a smaller church but they work hard...and again...these guys don't just preach on sunday...they write books...go to speaking engagements...some have those huge seminars you have to sign up for a year in advance...all of that is outside of their home church so thats more income...i'm not saying all these people are 100% all for God but they earn alot of that money legit...hell their church might be buying them that bently...

I understand the business part of the scheme they got going on, but again they arent salesmen they are suppost to be preaching. How does profiting off ofreligion sound right?

Especially since it christianity, its suppost to be about being humble etc. If said preacher was a doctor or lawyer and earn all those extravigant thingsbecause of thier job (anything other then religion) then fine, but coping bentlys with the money they make from these religious seminars is wrong.

It aint a blessing from God
indifferent.gif

Church and religion are the biggest scams. All they do is sit around and tell you campfire stories about a guy that lived long ago and did a bunch of magictricks. It's basically a billion dollar industry that offers you no real product just some hopes and wishes, it's all actually pretty genius.

laugh.gif
Dude would probably feed me some BS line and tell me to go enroll in his Prosperity Seminar (not free of course)

and no I wouldn't give someone one of my cars....but than again, I'm not requiring people give me a tenth of their salary, or preaching #%#% that I know I'm DEF not going to follow myself.

your not giving him a tenth of your salary...it goes to the church...which in turn pays his salary...if you have wealthy people going to your church ofcourse your salary will be higher...

people don't understand that churches have bills to pay...they want the benefits of the church but don't wanna put in...

at my church they give all graduating HS kids a scholarship every year...at one point it was like 100 and now they are up to 1000...when stuff goes on atthe church and there is food the church pays for that...i know cuz my mom is the one that buys and cooks the food most of the time..the choir goes to sing atanother church...no one has to drive...they take the church bus which no one comes out of pocket directly for...we have programs that offer tutoring forfree...they paid for our SAT prep classes one year...bought everything we needed (it wasn't much but still)...we have a committe that goes into thecommunity to feed less fortunate people...not homeless but just families barely getting by...we hand out dinners every week for thanksgiving and schoolsupplies every year for those less fortunate...we were able to expand our church and now it has more classrooms than before...they fed us every wednesday afteryouth bible study...

thats where your tithe money goes...my pastor drives a cadillac truck...doesn't bother me cuz i know at any time i can email or text him if i want toand he'll respond right away...

i don't go to a mega church but we have a decent size congregation...who knows what these churches offer i don't see...only reason i don't likethem is cuz i probably can't just text the pastor to say hi and he'll know who i am...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

like Kay said its a 7 day a week job...they may not be talking to individual members like at a smaller church but they work hard...and again...these guys don't just preach on sunday...they write books...go to speaking engagements...some have those huge seminars you have to sign up for a year in advance...all of that is outside of their home church so thats more income...i'm not saying all these people are 100% all for God but they earn alot of that money legit...hell their church might be buying them that bently...

I understand the business part of the scheme they got going on, but again they arent salesmen they are suppost to be preaching. How does profiting off of religion sound right?

Especially since it christianity, its suppost to be about being humble etc. If said preacher was a doctor or lawyer and earn all those extravigant things because of thier job (anything other then religion) then fine, but coping bentlys with the money they make from these religious seminars is wrong.

It aint a blessing from God
indifferent.gif

OK, what if he copped a 89 Ford Explore instead....Would it still be wrong? How do you expect these people to make money if their lives are devoted tospreading the word? Im talking 24-7/365days of religion...You want the pastor to get a minimum wage side-Job so he can live a poor mans lifestyle?...Youknow...Like "Jesus" did...

No again, they cant profit off of religion.

They are suppost to represent the said belief theyre preaching about. If theyre 24-7/365days into religion do not need to live a lavish lifestyle becauseobviously it would go completely against christian teachings.

and yea, they dont need a BMW. Any car would do fine as long as it works. If they earn that BMW doing something other then trowing a $300 Jesus seminar thenfine.

the vatican
smh.gif

Its about 4-5 Mega Churches here in Baltimore alone...

The one that I normally attend whenever I go to church is right around the corner from where I live.. And there building a mega church right around the cornerfrom that church...

I have so many stories about what goes down in these mega churches based off the congregation and the pastor alone...
The church does have:
  • the ATM machine...
  • the debit card swipe machine...
  • 2 projection screens...
  • A multi-purpose room for those who can't be seated in the sanctuary...
  • Flat TV's in the lobby for those who cant be seated in the multi-purpose room...
The lead singer in the music ministry has a solo album out...

For special events, the spot be packed... like the BCPD has to come and regulate traffic whenever church letsout...

People have come from all around the world to visit the church and the pastor...

I can personally remember seeing Ray Lewis and Ed Reed there one service...

I remember seeing Dave Hollister and Sisqo come out of nowhere and start singing together at the end of oneservice...
laugh.gif

People catch the holy ghost and do laps around that big sanctuary, straight Tyson Gay status...

The pastor there does a very good job as a preacher and a community activist tho...

He always looks out for people from what Ive seen...

I've seen the pastor give away thousands at the service, pay peoples rent, school, etc...

One service, dude basically held a job fair and got the unemployed there at the service to network with allemployers there, or those that needed any type of assistance...

This pastor started out from a congregation of 30 people preaching in a union hall, and now, dude basically hashis own empire...

It does annoy me when he asks the church to put out $, but I cant really knock what he does from my viewpoint...but i could easily be wrong...

^ what church is that? i def. heard about a church that Dave and Sisqo attend...i have fam in Bmore...

Back
Top Bottom