Mega Churches.....?

I was raised in the church and I do believe in God, however I just can't get down with this. How do you have people who are barely making ends meet dishingout cash to build bigger churches, $100,000 +cars and mansions, expensive clothes, vacations, etc. for the pastor and be ok with it? I'd hate to say someof these pastors are running a scam but that's just what it looks like to me.

Your thoughts

Don't they have ATM machines in the lobby too?

Anyways, it's pretty sad actually. Def NOT what Jesus would do.

there's one near here. my mom is a teacher, and one of her kids whose family goes to the church calls it "the superchurch."

thing is gross, though.

alot of those mega church pastors don't preach...they write...go to speaking engagements and other stuff...

i don't rock with them cuz i want a church where i can just walk up to the ministers and they know my first name and its nothing for me to talk to them orthe other members of the church...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

alot of those mega church pastors don't preach...they write...go to speaking engagements and other stuff...

i don't rock with them cuz i want a church where i can just walk up to the ministers and they know my first name and its nothing for me to talk to them or the other members of the church...
Exactly, these dudes walk around with body guards and entourages etc. I just dont see the point
grin.gif

i meant to say don't JUST preach...it won't let me go and edit...they have others ways of making money...especially the big big names...they couldnever preach again and be good of their books and seminars w/out a check from their church

Or you could just not go to a church period. You don't need a church to be a believer.

i don't rock with them cuz i want a church where i can just walk up to the ministers and they know my first name and its nothing for me to talk to them or the other members of the church...
Word...small church>mega church

I don't care how good a delivery and speech the pastor gives me, i just want that down to earth, family feel of a church.

I believe that the pastors don't even care about the religion, just want the money.
Anyone ever heard of Ted Haggard?
But i really think we can use that money to something a little better than a large church, or any for that matter

Originally Posted by J23S

I was raised in the church and I do believe in God, however I just can't get down with this. How do you have people who are barely making ends meet dishing out cash to build bigger churches, $100,000 +cars and mansions, expensive clothes, vacations, etc. for the pastor and be ok with it? I'd hate to say some of these pastors are running a scam but that's just what it looks like to me.

Your thoughts
Creflo Dollar's church...actually publicly announces people who miss their tithe.
Furthermore they have internal tax auditors who take the tithe out of your paycheck via DIRECT DEPOSIT.

Yes, like the government or an investment fund would
eyes.gif

Churches with ATM machines, auditors, and mandatory submittable of tax returns to church officials.

Why? My boy said something like "networking. Man (insert captain of the industry) goes there".
Going to church to network? Like a career fair? Where they do that at?

This is Christianity at its worst. There's a local megachurch that takes up an entire city block, with a parking lot across the street. They have apedestrian overpass specifically for people to cross the street, YET every Sunday morning, there are at least 3 police officers doing traffic control, stoppingcars to let people cross the street. The nerve of these people!

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by J23S

I was raised in the church and I do believe in God, however I just can't get down with this. How do you have people who are barely making ends meet dishing out cash to build bigger churches, $100,000 +cars and mansions, expensive clothes, vacations, etc. for the pastor and be ok with it? I'd hate to say some of these pastors are running a scam but that's just what it looks like to me.

Your thoughts
Creflo Dollar's church...actually publicly announces people who miss their tithe.
Furthermore they have internal tax auditors who take the tithe out of your paycheck via DIRECT DEPOSIT.

Yes, like the government or an investment fund would
eyes.gif

Churches with ATM machines, auditors, and mandatory submittable of tax returns to church officials.

Why? My boy said something like "networking. Man (insert captain of the industry) goes there".
Going to church to network? Like a career fair? Where they do that at?
Wow are you serious?
smh.gif
tired.gif
eek.gif

I really don't see how anybody could trust that guy with a name like that
ohwell.gif

This can't be true, can it? People aren't this relentlessly idiotic, are they?

And to announce those who have missed their tithe? Absolutely one of the reasons religion is looked at in such a negative light in today's day and age.

This guy that comes into my Barber shop is a Preacher and he Pushes a 2009 Mercedes-Benz S63, He's a older cat...and his wife is BEAUTIFUL...atleast 15years younger too.

Cant knock the hustle...
pimp.gif

^^My motto for 2010

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Word...small church>mega church

I don't care how good a delivery and speech the pastor gives me, i just want that down to earth, family feel of a church.
Me too. theres sorta one in Pittsburgh, not that large but everybody goes there just to say they go there. Didn't like my experiences there,the church I'm at now, the congregation is larger than back home but it still has that hometown, close nit feeling

it's crazy, my cousin went to one in Atlanta and when he saw the pastor pull up in a Rolls-Royce he hasn't been back

"What you offering, put it right in offering
They take it all, Cash, Credit, Silver down to porcelain
Look at the Porsche he's in, and give a portioning (To Who?)
No handicap, Annie or her orphan friends"

Originally Posted by Bowzer Blitz

Same thing happens in smaller churches though...its just not as "obvious".
i've seen it happen in small churches. the pianist and a minister was dippin into the funds
smh.gif

i've also been to a church that had tv's to watch the pastor preach if you were sitting back far enough. heres the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/w...hristian_Cultural_Center
it's also got a restuarant and a coffee shop

If yall were in a position to Spread the word for a 6-figure salary, yall wouldnt do it?......Lets be serious, Look at it as a blessing from God

God isn't forcing these church-go'ers to give up the guap... You dont wanna support the Church?...Go to another one.

This Church around my way called "Living Word" bought out a whole Shopping mall and turned it into a place of worship

Back
Top Bottom