Messed Up ot Not: Teaching Your Kids About Santa Clause (At All)

Thoughts?
FB_IMG_1576708836507.jpg
You know it's bad when imaginary beings are contributing to class warfare. :lol: :smh:

In all seriousness though, this is a tough subject. I'm an atheist, but I'm not entirely opposed to telling my (hypothetical) children about Santa. It's harmless enough, but I understand the secular perspective on this. It's just tough when you know you're gonna be introducing them into a world where it's gonna be thrown in their face constantly, and little kids aren't exactly known for keeping their mouths shut. I would keep the myth alive just to avoid the angry phone calls and hostile interactions with teachers and other parents.

This is one of those instances where I'm alright with being strong-armed by society. Not the hill I wanna die on.

My son is 3, almost 4 , and still believes in Santa and I've been dying to tell him this is all BS.
I've come to believe that the concept of Santa takes away from the value of the gifts he gets and diminishes our hard work, the people that are actually buying him gifts. When he was younger and couldn't express himself I didn't care and never thought about it but now that he can say "Santa can bring this for me" it boils my blood and I've expressed this to my Wife. We're probably going to give him the truth early next year....
Plus I told her "under NO circumstance do we allow him to hug or sit on a stranger's lap so why TF are we doing it for Santa ?".....She didn't have a good counter so no more Santa Land going forward

I'm a banker for 17 yrs and I've seen how these "harmless" concepts contribute to our financial downfall...

My son is 3, almost 4 , and still believes in Santa and I've been dying to tell him this is all BS.
I've come to believe that the concept of Santa takes away from the value of the gifts he gets and diminishes our hard work, the people that are actually buying him gifts. When he was younger and couldn't express himself I didn't care and never thought about it but now that he can say "Santa can bring this for me" it boils my blood and I've expressed this to my Wife. We're probably going to give him the truth early next year....
Plus I told her "under NO circumstance do we allow him to hug or sit on a stranger's lap so why TF are we doing it for Santa ?".....She didn't have a good counter so no more Santa Land going forward

I'm a banker for 17 yrs and I've seen how these "harmless" concepts contribute to our financial downfall...

Why did you let it fly from the jump?

Imma give that to them for the first 7-8 years. The magic of being a kid is thinking that **** is true.

I'mma make them think Santa and pro wrestling real for at least the first 6-7 years :lol:. I remember being a late bloomer (like 7 or 8/) in realizing he was fake.

I'mma modify the concept a little though and make him black as hell :lol: and emphasize that you gotta give out good to recieve good. My lil ****** gon be saints starting the day after Halloween lol. Can't wait to have jits

We never indoctrinated our children to the idea of Santa to begin with. My oldest figured it out on his own by age 4. After that, he put his little sister and brother on real quick when they came around. My wife and I were just sitting there like:

D824540B-BCBC-48EA-99F7-C93EB592EF3B.gif

We do tell them not to spoil it for other children who might still believe in that though. To each his own.

Nobody has to tell the man who wrote the following line...

“I’m a grown *** man I don’t sit on *****’s lap and I ain’t looking for no gifts outta’ Santa Claus sack.
Santa ain’t real let alone is he black, catch’em coming down my chimney and the MAC will go
BRRRAAAT.”

Ladies and gentlemen that man was...

1576745539405.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom