Messed Up ot Not: Teaching Your Kids About Santa Clause (At All)

as a parent, i care more about my son having fun rather than having to take credit for buying him a present. if he thinks grandma bought the big toys or that santa brought it, no big deal.

The truth does not prevent fun.
exactly. My 5 year olds know and will tell you Santa ain't real but they still love the season. Love the Christmas music, love the lights. They asked me for a Christmas tree. I'm not a Christmas person at all, don't celebrate it or do anything for Christmas personally but I can't kill they joy nor do I want to. We go Christmas shopping for they toys, they pick them out and then I wrap them and put them under the tree. They know it's all in fun though and them knowing it's a lie doesn't kill the enjoyment for them. They are happy as can be.

Last edited:
I just don't understand how people are comparing telling a freaking five year old that Fairy tale is... A fairy tale...

Somehow means you're this sad kill-joy that wants everyone to be unhappy.

I totally get not telling your kids because you think it's cute and cool to see them worked up over some gifts..

But in my opinion, they only give a **** about Santa because he brings them stuff.

The main component is them getting stuff. That part seems to be most important. If Santa didn't bring them stuff then they wouldn't give a **** about Santa.

Y'all gotta chill with these leaps, doe. Telling a kid some **** he's going to find out anyway within the next three to six years isn't going to stop him from being a ******* kid.

I can VIVIDLY remember being told Santa wasn't real... I was pissed for a moment, then I thought "yeah, that **** was pretty stupid" : lol

Last edited:
not saying he won't have fun if he knew i bought his presents, i'm just saying that for myself, it's a non-issue to take credit for all the presents i've bought him.

every parent does thing differently though and i don't judge because it can be a difficult job.

Santa's never recieved a letter asking about his health, how his wife is doing, or if rudolph finally grew some antlers.

on a related note, a co-worker's daughter accidentally mailed her kid's letters to santa. she got a box in the mail from post office "elves" with letters and presents. dunno if they do it for all the letters or if it's only in hawaii but i thought that was pretty good until i remembered how much it costs to ship shoes and then i kinda got irritated :lol:

On shark tank they had a woman who had a business that would receive letters from santa and reply back. She had pretty good profits.

I just don't understand how people are comparing telling a freaking five year old that Fairy tale is... A fairy tale...

Somehow means you're this sad kill-joy that wants everyone to be unhappy.

I totally get not telling your kids because you think it's cute and cool to see them worked up over some gifts..

But in my opinion, they only give a **** about Santa because he brings them stuff.

The main component is them getting stuff. That part seems to be most important. If Santa didn't bring them stuff then they wouldn't give a **** about Santa.

Y'all gotta chill with these leaps, doe. Telling a kid some **** he's going to find out anyway within the next three to six years isn't going to stop him from being a ******* kid.

I can VIVIDLY remember being told Santa wasn't real... I was pissed for a moment, then I thought "yeah, that **** was pretty stupid" :lol:
Exactly! Yall think a kid would still be having fun if Santa gave presents to all the children in the world but that kid didn't get any? :lol:

I never believed in Santa or none of that :lol:. Even as a kid I knew that **** was a ploy to try and get me to act right. I used to milk the hell out of the tooth fairy tho

Just saw a video of a pastor in a mall announcing to the Santa line that Santa isn't real. Jimmies were rustled. Since it's that time of the year, thought I'd bump this thread to get some more opinions.

as a parent, i care more about my son having fun rather than having to take credit for buying him a present. if he thinks grandma bought the big toys or that santa brought it, no big deal.

SAME. I didn't care before, but as my girls get a bit older I don't mind them thinkin' Santa is a real to a certain extent. I never grew up thinkin' Santa brought ALL of my gifts so his existence wasn't a major deal to me, but really I don't even remember whether or not a truly believed in him. To me it's more about being small (read younger than 9 yrs old) and having that wide eyed gaze at the world and magic was real and all of that and I can't see myself taking that from my kids.

The truth does not prevent fun.

It can and has on multiple occasions. But ultimately we not gon change anybody's mind on this subject (at least not mine)

thats how these dudes minds operate, where living in reality somehow = being miserable.

i do find it hypocritical the pastor in the video going out of his way to tell kids Santa isnt real when neither is God.

i had to go back to see what i posted in this thread....

thats that hot fiyah

Yeah, people (especially some women) want to live in a fairy tale and if someone tries to burst their bubble with the pin of truth, they lash out.

They were discussing it at work today.

I feel like it doesn't prepare kids for how America really is.

Santa rewards integrity and being a good person. America pats integrity on the back, but REWARDS entertainment and hard work.

They were discussing it at work today.

I feel like it doesn't prepare kids for how America really is.

Santa rewards integrity and being a good person. America pats integrity on the back, but REWARDS entertainment and hard work.
Sooooooooooooooo, a parent couldn't just reward integrity/good personship? Why does it have to come from a fat white man?

Back
Top Bottom