Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

Something fairly interesting 'bout Metal Gear; The Patriots didn't send Snake in.

Big Boss himself did. So either he knew Snake would be too green and would fail or he wanted this bastard "son" to die in Outer Heaven.

Maybe both.

Or maybe he thought he could get him to join his cause... idk I never got to play MG.

^ i have that bundle does metal gear have complex controls?

A couple mobths ago i didnt know metal gear and metal gear 2 were canonical to the story, meaning they are actually crucial to the story

Its kinda weird how a game series that stretches decades has a storyline that flows

^ i have that bundle does metal gear have complex controls?

A couple mobths ago i didnt know metal gear and metal gear 2 were canonical to the story, meaning they are actually crucial to the story

Its kinda weird how a game series that stretches decades has a storyline that flows
Controls are fine.

Something fairly interesting 'bout Metal Gear; The Patriots didn't send Snake in.

Big Boss himself did. So either he knew Snake would be too green and would fail or he wanted this bastard "son" to die in Outer Heaven.

Maybe both.

he expected snake to fail thats why he sent him in. when snake exceeded expectations big boss revealed himself as the leader of outer heaven

"HIDERAJI

VOICE ACTOR TALK

INTERESTING BITS AS ACCORDING TO A FRIEND

- Snake can infiltrate alone OR HE CAN BRING A FRIEND. They say Snake specifically so it may not be like CO-OPS, so it’s possibly like — BB can bring Ocelot along, or Quiet, or whoever? She’s actually not sure about this bit so if ANYONE WHO’S JAPANESE COMPREHENSION IS GOOD ENOUGH CAN CONFIRM THIS WOULD BE GRAND (conversation starts 6 minutes into the video)

- Patrols and patrol routes will differ according to the time of day (and it’s not just day/night either, but also dawn for example, they vary a lot)

- Otsuka (BB’s Japanese voice actor) just flat out suggested we need a MG1 HD Remake “to fix things” (no commentary from Kojima here sadly)

- He also reassures his fellow VA friends that “things are gonna be alright” but it’s still not a very kind game

- Meanwhile Yumi Kikuchi and Nana Mizuki (Paz) just PRODUCE SAD SOUNDS THE WHOLE TIME (??? WHAT DO WE MAKE OF THIS)

- Otsuka mentions that something (BLEEPED OUT) happens to Chico, and the others make their sad sounds again… EVERYONE’S REALLY FEELING FOR CHICO HERE

- One of them is like, “Huey-san are you okay?” because he (HideyukiTanaka, Otacon/Huey) was dead quiet during that whole bit so he might have been tearing up?? “Yeah, yeah, I’m okay!”

- kojimawhathaveyoudoneyoumakeyourseiyuuscry.jpg

- Otsuka: “But really, poor Paz and Chico.” “Come to think of it, Paz and Chico don’t show up in MGS1, do they.”

- THE WOMEN ARE WAILING OTSUKA WHAT ARE YOU DOING EVEN BB’S VOICE ACTOR IS A MONSTER I THINK HE JUST IMPLIED THEY BOTH DIE

- Tomokazu Sugita (Kaz) says HE FINDS THIS NEW BIG BOSS TO BE REALLY SCARY.

- Otsuka agrees that Big Boss is being really mean to Chico.

- Otsuka: “Stay calm. Hideo Kojima is not that much of a [beep]! I think he wants you to really be moved while you play it, so don’t worry.” He really tries to lighten the mood but everyone is just down and… YEAH GUESS WHO’S THE ONE WHO WILL MAKE IT OUT OF THIS MOSTLY UNSCATHED YOU BUTT or as my friend said “THAT’S EASY TO SAY WHEN YOU’RE THE VILLAIN”

- Mizuki is sobbing through her parting and hopes “we will all root for Paz
”.

The game is gonna be pretty bleak.
laugh.gif

"During the Kojima Productions Alert 4, the official podcast of the studio, the staff provided a summary of information from several interviews with Kojima. Here’s the recap:

Metal Gear Solid V will interact with smart devices in some form (smart phones, tablets).
Sean Eyestone: “That will be kind of a window into the world of MGSV. Exactly what you can do with that we’re not ready to announce just yet, but know that there will be various aspects of the game that can interact with your various portable devices. And there will also be some social aspects to that as well.”

The fact that it’s an open world game has to do with this.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’s key art was made by Kyle Cooper, Kojima came up with the concept of the x-ray. Kooper is working on other things for the game as well, but they can’t say what they are.

What you saw at E3 was targeted for current gen, so what you will get on current gen systems will be very close to that. The Xbox One and PS4 versions will look better than what you have seen.

The girl undergoing surgery is Paz (from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker). All the action in that scene is very realistic because they had an actual doctor during the motion capture session, who brought his medical kit. He was instructing the motion actors during this scene.
Kojima Productions will let fans know how to buy the Seiko watch Snake is wearing, as well as ‘various merchandise’, at a later time.
"

http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=8779

Last edited:
Or maybe he thought he could get him to join his cause... idk I never got to play MG.
 You Got MGS3/MGS HD Collection (Which has MGS3)?

Cause in the options it has MG and MG2:SS.

Oh yeah MGS3 is the subsistance version...
I need to hop on that.

I started watching this Let's Play of Metal Gear. Much simpler and quicker than playing it myself. I may try to play Metal Gear 2 though.

I liked it when I played it.

Try it it out for a bit and if ya don't really mesh with it watch a walk through. but that's just me.

Last edited:
Another one Kojima??

Wasn't Twin Snakes terrible enough (and the original great enough) to never do it again?

I need them damn Metal Gear remakes, not this!

The twin snakes was terrible? Please explain?

because of the unnecessary flipping and matrix style moves. the original never had anything like that

some people also said that the new features make the game a lot more easier. like fighting ocelot. now you can use first person view and shoot. hanging off of ledges and shimmying

when you need to change the pal key you don't even have to leave Rex's hangar. you can do it all without going to the furnace or the snowy part

i only like it because of the updated grapbics

^ Thats why i was skeptical i thought it was the exact same just better graphics thanks for explaining

i'm all for a remake even though i have twin snakes.

at this point i'm sure the original looks awful and i want my future son to experience how great mgs1 is.. remake that *****!

Man I don't know how I beat MGS as a kid. I replayed it about a year ago, and I couldn't even see @#$% in that game :lol:

Man I don't know how I beat MGS as a kid. I replayed it about a year ago, and I couldn't even see @#$% in that game :lol:

when i had it as a kid i didnt even get on the elevator

i was 7 when it came out. it was too hard

Back
Top Bottom