Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain | A Hideo Kojima Game

carbonite.jpg

I feel as if the MGS storyline is dragging a bit. I got good closure from the series finishing MGS4, and I thought it was a huuuge mistake for Konami to hand over MGS: Revengeance to Platinum games to develop. That game was just horrible for the series. I think it's time for Konami to work on a new storyline with new characters, but with the same game mechanics.

Regardless, still looking forward to this game. The game play on the next gen consoles should be amazing

Last edited:
FlipSide you're right about that. The whole reason raiden was developed was to take over as that new hero, but people love snake too much, then when big boss came now everybody wants to be big boss. It's kind of bittersweet with gaming, obviously I love the classic characters and franchises, but nobody is really developing anything new anymore, not just konami.

Rising was handed over to Platinum because it was in development hell at KojiPro.

What do you mean?

I dunno, it always bothered me knowing Solidus was the damn president and everybody was like ehh.

George sears was always clean shaved when he was president. At least in the drawings... Don't think the world ever saw big boss without a beard or an eye batch. Plus by the time snake and solidus are in he same place snake is already hip to who he is.

Last edited:
Alright. This might be an obvious question for MGS fans, but at what point in the MGS backstory does this take place? Like in terms of the whole Big Boss, cloning, fight against Zero backstory?

I'm playing MGS4 again and got to the point where Big Mama explains everything that happened from Snake Eater until Big Boss became a vegetable, and was confused as to where this game is fitting in.

Or does it revise part of the story?

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^ From my understanding it takes place about a decade or so after the cloning experiment, when Liquid and Solid were preteens.

Alright. This might be an obvious question for MGS fans, but at what point in the MGS backstory does this take place? Like in terms of the whole Big Boss, cloning, fight against Zero backstory?

I'm playing MGS4 again and got to the point where Big Mama explains everything that happened from Snake Eater until Big Boss became a vegetable, and was confused as to where this game is fitting in.

Or does it revise part of the story?
Here is the timeline:

1964 – Snake Eater
1970 – Portable Ops
1974 – Peace Walker
1975/84 – The Phantom Pain
1995 – Metal Gear
1999 – Metal Gear 2
2005 – Metal Gear Solid
2007/09 – Sons of Liberty
2014 – Guns of the Patriots
2018 – Metal Gear Rising

How well of a character is Kaz?

Like I said before I haven't finished PW (prolly did 5% of story.)
Kaz was BB's second in command and confidant. they talked about everything together, planned missions, and he was the one that came up a lot of the big ideas that made MSF so successful in PW. IMO, he is a big part of BB's military/mercenary life, which is why he is risking his life to go save him in the trailer.

Kaz was BB's second in command and confidant. they talked about everything together, planned missions, and he was the one that came up a lot of the big ideas that made MSF so successful in PW. IMO, he is a big part of BB's military/mercenary life, which is why he is risking his life to go save him in the trailer.
What do you think that makes
Kaz turn against him by Metal Gear?

Calling him a monster and such.

What do you think that makes

Kaz turn against him by Metal Gear?

Calling him a monster and such.
I'm guessing something will happen in MGS 5 that will make him do a 180. it seems that this game will tie together the entire series.

I decided to start up MGS3 again. Damn this game is hard without any radar :lol: I can manage to sneak pretty well in MGS 2 and 4 without radar, but the soldiers in MGS3 blend in to the environment too well. Half the time I have no idea who spotted me :lol: Still my favorite of the series though.

And after so many years, I finally remembered to get the thermal goggles before fighting the fear :rofl: God damn, that dude used to frustrate me to no end in the past. It would take me an entire day to beat him on hard mode cause I would rely on getting shot by him to figure out where he was (and die 300 times in a row before getting lucky as hell). Beat him in one try this time :smokin

Last edited:
Something fairly interesting 'bout Metal Gear; The Patriots didn't send Snake in.

Big Boss himself did. So either he knew Snake would be too green and would fail or he wanted this bastard "son" to die in Outer Heaven.

Maybe both.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom