Method Man, Ghostface & Raekwon On Waka Flocka. 2/24/10 Waka Flocka Responds (video on page 1)

waka said some real $#$#... some really real $#$#... cats always wanna disrespect $#$# they dont like...

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

this dude flocka is getting a head of himself, why even respond? Even though its rare people still take hip hop serious and for fam to think his "ONE" hit is enough to be on the radar of Meth, or Ghost more than hearing it on HOT97 is comedy itself. The only problem i got with guys like him is that he doesn't want respect. First he says, lyrical artist dont make no money and no wants to hear that, then he responds to meth by saying that he disrespecting the young up & coming and not allowing them to make history. What history do you plan to be making with "love to hear them gun sounds "
laugh.gif
i swear ATL is on it's last leg and im counting the day its over because these dudes is getting out of hand
smh.gif

Damn blue u hit it right on the nose I 100% agree with that

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

this dude flocka is getting a head of himself, why even respond? Even though its rare people still take hip hop serious and for fam to think his "ONE" hit is enough to be on the radar of Meth, or Ghost more than hearing it on HOT97 is comedy itself. The only problem i got with guys like him is that he doesn't want respect. First he says, lyrical artist dont make no money and no wants to hear that, then he responds to meth by saying that he disrespecting the young up & coming and not allowing them to make history. What history do you plan to be making with "love to hear them gun sounds "
laugh.gif
i swear ATL is on it's last leg and im counting the day its over because these dudes is getting out of hand
smh.gif

yall buggin...

pewn pewn pewn

them wu tang dudes are haters... its obvious...

Originally Posted by DonJuan23

You cant teach a generation when the majority doesnt care to be taught..  

theres no teachin goin on tho... how are they teachin anything but ignorance and hate by doing this?

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by latinplatinum69

I respect Waka's response and although Im not a fan of his music I agree with what he says. Theres room for everyone in the game.
Meth was right in saying that Waka's Career wont' last long, until being proven wrong, Meth is correct. Waka is right for saying that it was disrespectful and, essentially, they shouldn't be on that as Legend. Cultivate Waka, take him under you wing, make him a good rapper with his style. End of the day I'm still bumpimg Ohletdewitt and C.R.E.A.M on the same playlist
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

I agree with wacka on his response some dudes only want hip hop to be one dimensional and I know wu tang got history and all that but what you call hip hop is not law homie and there is no reason to blame the fans for it for the simple reason they are fans there the people that buy the music because they like it and what really kills me about these type of comments about some hip hop� http://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata http://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata being dance music like they weren't dancing in the rappers delight video
It's one thing to make music to dance to, it's another to make music about a dance. I personally hate all that @$%#. Dudes really have no creativity. The name of the song is about a dance, the name of the dance is mentioned in the verses 3+ times
indifferent.gif

Yea, it's all in fun, but at what point do u change it up and rap about somethin w/ substance? And no how many bricks u flip aint substance.� And I'm not even talkin bout the South, I'm talkin bout that type of music in general.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

So these dudes could disrespect a region but its blasphemy for joe budden to speak on them
grin.gif
U kno, that's the first thing that came to mind when I first heard this interview. I understand dudes are certified legends in the game, no denyin that, but at the same time they grown !%% men and get all butt hurt when somebody who is clearly on his @$%# right now says that if they were to battle in this day that he would win. I honestly lost respect for dude after this. I still like em as artists but that's just sad
why is it so wrong to make a song about a dance it all fall in the same category to me for example stanky leg and lets say low by flo-rida would be looked at as a dance song even though stanky leg is actually a dance nobody would look at it any different and the same dudes would be #@!%$@^ about it I hate when dudes put hip hop music in a little one dimensional box this is the only genre of music where cats #@!$ about the most stupidest $#!%
It aint got nothin do w/ puttin Hip Hop in a one-dimensional box. U gotta look at the difference between those two songs u mentioned. One is sayin Stanky Leg this and that, we know what dance u doin, now what else u got to tell us? nothin. Oh, that's right, ur bro is doin the stanky leg too, that's some new info
eyes.gif
. Flo-Rida, though wasn't on no knowledge kickin $$##, which it shouldn't be since it's a dance/club song, was actually rappin within context. Like I said there's a difference between songs for dance and songs about a dance.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

At the end of the day whose music will be remember and appreciated years from now Wu or So Icey. Thats why I don't even engage in these arguments anymore.

Like forreal do you hear people bumping or talking about Ying Yang Twinz or Trillville in 2010 or old OB4CL, Forever and etc.. disposable music fades out so It doesn't bother me as much anymore.
actually...with time...you can't really judge that...you can't tell me people in Atlanta will remember Wu Tang over So Icey 15 years from now...

laugh.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
You sound upset and to think ATL is on its last leg is hysterical. And
laugh.gif
at one hit wonder you're in a bubble. Another artist people thouht was ignorant rebuttals and makes the legend seem like the uninformed bully

But on the subject didnt Waka say exactly what I been saying?

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Country Rap Tunes aint going nowhere..and its to much coming out the A for that area to shut down

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

At the end of the day whose music will be remember and appreciated years from now Wu or So Icey. Thats why I don't even engage in these arguments anymore.

Like forreal do you hear people bumping or talking about Ying Yang Twinz or Trillville in 2010 or old OB4CL, Forever and etc.. disposable music fades out so It doesn't bother me as much anymore.
actually...with time...you can't really judge that...you can't tell me people in Atlanta will remember Wu Tang over So Icey 15 years from now...
Seriously. Nobody talks about Wu right now except elitists and old heads who don't want to live in 2010 but want to stay in 1997. Wu isn't relevant right now because they don't drop good music anymore as a group. We're to the point now where Raekwon drops a decent album and everyoen overhypes it because its been a minute since the Wu has dropped a significant banger. Them dudes are bitter that solo wise they can't pack a show like a one hit wonder can right now. That's alright. No need to be bitter at these rappers. Be bitter at your fans. Be bitter at hip hop fans. We're the ones supporting these one hit wonders.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Seriously. Nobody talks about Wu right now except elitists and old heads who don't want to live in 2010 but want to stay in 1997. Wu isn't relevant right now because they don't drop good music anymore as a group. We're to the point now where Raekwon drops a decent album and everyoen overhypes it because its been a minute since the Wu has dropped a significant banger. Them dudes are bitter that solo wise they can't pack a show like a one hit wonder can right now. That's alright. No need to be bitter at these rappers. Be bitter at your fans. Be bitter at hip hop fans. We're the ones supporting these one hit wonders.
!%%!+$@ This!

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Don't be mad at this generation, it's your fault for not teaching them better.
Wrong.  It's your fault for not paying attention when grown folk are trying to teach y'all.
Not paying attention? I know our statements in this situation are more general but I definitely do my homework and know my history (which proceeds hip hop), especially when its MY culture. 90s babys representin'
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
we here

sparklecity SC wrote:
KingFoamNYC wrote:
bluedeniro wrote:
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Country Rap Tunes aint going nowhere..and its to much coming out the A for that area to shut down

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ Atlanta being on its last leg...
indifferent.gif
 ... If you haven't noticed buddy Atlanta been leading in the rap game for a good time now. If you think other wise your in denial real talk.

I'm from DC area so dead all the "typical down south NTer response."

The only way Wakas career won't last long is if he's killed or goes to prison.

So because collectively they havent made a good album in a minute,  we should dismiss everything they've done?  Or anything that any legend who hasnt made good or any music in recent years should be dismissed?  And saying that only "elitists and old heads" listen to Wu, is like me saying only youngins and idiots listen to Waka.....foolish aint it?  No one talks about Wu in 2010 but here we are 9 pages later......still talking.

So because collectively they havent made a good album in a minute,  we should dismiss everything they've done?  Or anything that any legend who hasnt made good or any music in recent years should be dismissed?  And saying that only "elitists and old heads" listen to Wu, is like me saying only youngins and idiots listen to Waka.....foolish aint it?  No one talks about Wu in 2010 but here we are 9 pages later......still talking.

But didnt Meth just say Waka's career is on a short leash? As in he probably wont be around long but if Wu Tang has a 7 year run and falls off we should "remember the times" even though they arent really relevant anymore. Sounds like a contradiction. 

But why are we talking about the Wu for 9 pages? Because of their music or because they said some outlandish $+@ to stay relevant again? We should be making 9 pages about their album. Instead they haven't dropped a hot album collectively since the mid 90's.

We shouldn't dismiss anything Wu has done. But if you're going to judge these young n's in the game you better be supplying classic $+@ yourself and IMO Wu ain't doing that. If you're an old head still making music you don't have a right to say $+@ if that music is garbage.

And I never ONCE said that the only people that listen to Wu Tang are elitists and old heads. Where did you get that from?

What makes them not relevent ANYmore??

If I recall correctly Raekwon's last album was rated top 10 by Time magazine, received rave reviews from damn near every magazine, and sold pretty well for an independent album...

Rae pushed 68K his first week & debuted Top 5 ... Gucci did 89K debut @ #10

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

What makes them not relevent ANYmore??

If I recall correctly Raekwon's last album was rated top 10 by Time magazine, received rave reviews from damn near every magazine, and sold pretty well for an independent album...

Rae pushed 68K his first week & debuted Top 5 ... Gucci did 89K debut @ #10
cosign. There's no way someone can argue against that. Its the truth.

Back
Top Bottom