Method Man, Ghostface & Raekwon On Waka Flocka. 2/24/10 Waka Flocka Responds (video on page 1)

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Them?

OB4CLII was a solo album

not a group album..

So if you consider OB4CLII a true solo album, I guess the same thing applies to the first one... (Even tho Ghost is credited on BOTH covers which he also appears on)...

Both Ghost & Meth also released albums last year...

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Don't be mad at this generation, it's your fault for not teaching them better.
Wrong.  It's your fault for not paying attention when grown folk are trying to teach y'all.
Not paying attention? I know our statements in this situation are more general but I definitely do my homework and know my history (which proceeds hip hop), especially when its MY culture. 90s babys representin'
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
we here
yezzir
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

I agree with wacka on his response some dudes only want hip hop to be one dimensional and I know wu tang got history and all that but what you call hip hop is not law homie and there is no reason to blame the fans for it for the simple reason they are fans there the people that buy the music because they like it and what really kills me about these type of comments about some hip hop� http://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata http://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata being dance music like they weren't dancing in the rappers delight video
It's one thing to make music to dance to, it's another to make music about a dance. I personally hate all that @$%#. Dudes really have no creativity. The name of the song is about a dance, the name of the dance is mentioned in the verses 3+ times
indifferent.gif

Yea, it's all in fun, but at what point do u change it up and rap about somethin w/ substance? And no how many bricks u flip aint substance.� And I'm not even talkin bout the South, I'm talkin bout that type of music in general.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

So these dudes could disrespect a region but its blasphemy for joe budden to speak on them
grin.gif
U kno, that's the first thing that came to mind when I first heard this interview. I understand dudes are certified legends in the game, no denyin that, but at the same time they grown !%% men and get all butt hurt when somebody who is clearly on his @$%# right now says that if they were to battle in this day that he would win. I honestly lost respect for dude after this. I still like em as artists but that's just sad
why is it so wrong to make a song about a dance it all fall in the same category to me for example stanky leg and lets say low by flo-rida would be looked at as a dance song even though stanky leg is actually a dance nobody would look at it any different and the same dudes would be #@!%$@^ about it I hate when dudes put hip hop music in a little one dimensional box this is the only genre of music where cats #@!$ about the most stupidest $#!%
It aint got nothin do w/ puttin Hip Hop in a one-dimensional box. U gotta look at the difference between those two songs u mentioned. One is sayin Stanky Leg this and that, we know what dance u doin, now what else u got to tell us? nothin. Oh, that's right, ur bro is doin the stanky leg too, that's some new info
eyes.gif
. Flo-Rida, though wasn't on no knowledge kickin $$##, which it shouldn't be since it's a dance/club song, was actually rappin within context. Like I said there's a difference between songs for dance and songs about a dance.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
no bro I see both of those songs in the same light nether had any context they are strictly songs for the club even if one is about a dance in itself its the same thing to me and why would these artist need to switch it up for if they only want to make music to dance to i dont see anybody saying that lupe need to switch it up and make a club song to get on the radio let them folks stay in there lane and do them and most of the time the rappers that people say have context in there music really dont be talking about $#!% you just like the lyrics

Originally Posted by tune205

But didnt Meth just say Waka's career is on a short leash? As in he probably wont be around long but if Wu Tang has a 7 year run and falls off we should "remember the times" even though they arent really relevant anymore. Sounds like a contradiction.
It's only a contradiction if Waka has a 7 year run and Meth still says his "career is on a short leash."

Originally Posted by Master Zik

But didnt Meth just say Waka's career is on a short leash? As in he probably wont be around long but if Wu Tang has a 7 year run and falls off we should "remember the times" even though they arent really relevant anymore. Sounds like a contradiction.
It's only a contradiction if Waka has a 7 year run and Meth still says his "career is on a short leash."

i think he meant that meth is on a short leash as well so he has no room to talk...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by Master Zik

i think he meant that meth is on a short leash as well so he has no room to talk...
If that's what he meant then it's completely false. Meth already got a 15 year career. What short leash is he on? Dude can say w/e the *++# he wants. He also doesn't have much of a problem dropping albums on DJ of all places.

The way I interpreted it he was trying to say a 7 year career is the same as a career being on a "short leash"
laugh.gif

i like wakas response made them seem like old haters ala BIGGIE only if he could do a kick in the door....
pimp.gif

who ever said ATLANTA is on there last leg
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

SLAP UR SELF

T.I. next album will be classic and will shut the game down
Jeezy gonna give the dboys what they want with 103
Usher......well Usher do what Usher do
Outkast suppose to do there solo's then drop another Kast album
Luda killin the rap/pop scene with Battle Of The Sexes
Soulja Boy, Yung LA, J Money, Travis Porter, Flacka will always have a current club banger
The Dream....same with Usher...The Dream is The Dream
Gucci gonna stay with some buzz and street singles
Lil Jon killin the pop and international scene with Pitbull & Akon

not to mention

Drumma Boy
Bangladesh
Toomp
Cannon
JD

still behind the scenes

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

SLAP UR SELF

T.I. next album will be classic and will shut the game down will sell well
Usher......well Usher do what Usher do ain't Usher no more
Outkast suppose to do there solo's then drop another Kast albumIll believe it when I see it
Soulja Boy, Yung LA, J Money, Travis Porter, Flacka won't be relevant that much longer (cept SB)
Lil Jon killin the pop and international scene with Pitbull & AkonNO

not to mention

Drumma Boy
Bangladesh
Toomp
Cannon
JD

still behind the scenes

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

SLAP UR SELF

T.I. next album will be classic and will shut the game down
Usher......well Usher do what Usher do
Outkast suppose to do there solo's then drop another Kast album
Soulja Boy, Yung LA, J Money, Travis Porter, Flacka will always have a current club banger
Lil Jon killin the pop and international scene with Pitbull & Akon

not to mention

Drumma Boy
Bangladesh
Toomp
Cannon
JD

still behind the scenes
+ the ATL underground...Pill, Yelawolf, MumsFP, Young Lyxx...

c'mon man...Atlanta ain't gonna stop...partly cause you don't see dudes beefin out here unless they're on that Trap nonsense...and since that pretty much died out...

I agree with wacka on his response some dudes only want hip hop to be one dimensional and I know wu tang got history and all that but what you call hip hop is not law homie and there is no reason to blame the fans for it for the simple reason they are fans there the people that buy the music because they like it and what really kills me about these type of comments about some hip hop� http://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata http://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata http://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/HGj1RvOo-2g?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata being dance music like they weren't dancing in the rappers delight video
It's one thing to make music to dance to, it's another to make music about a dance. I personally hate all that @$%#. Dudes really have no creativity. The name of the song is about a dance, the name of the dance is mentioned in the verses 3+ times
indifferent.gif

Yea, it's all in fun, but at what point do u change it up and rap about somethin w/ substance? And no how many bricks u flip aint substance.� And I'm not even talkin bout the South, I'm talkin bout that type of music in general.

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

So these dudes could disrespect a region but its blasphemy for joe budden to speak on them
grin.gif
U kno, that's the first thing that came to mind when I first heard this interview. I understand dudes are certified legends in the game, no denyin that, but at the same time they grown !%% men and get all butt hurt when somebody who is clearly on his @$%# right now says that if they were to battle in this day that he would win. I honestly lost respect for dude after this. I still like em as artists but that's just sad
why is it so wrong to make a song about a dance it all fall in the same category to me for example stanky leg and lets say low by flo-rida would be looked at as a dance song even though stanky leg is actually a dance nobody would look at it any different and the same dudes would be #@!%$@^ about it I hate when dudes put hip hop music in a little one dimensional box this is the only genre of music where cats #@!$ about the most stupidest $#!%
It aint got nothin do w/ puttin Hip Hop in a one-dimensional box. U gotta look at the difference between those two songs u mentioned. One is sayin Stanky Leg this and that, we know what dance u doin, now what else u got to tell us? nothin. Oh, that's right, ur bro is doin the stanky leg too, that's some new info
eyes.gif
. Flo-Rida, though wasn't on no knowledge kickin $$##, which it shouldn't be since it's a dance/club song, was actually rappin within context. Like I said there's a difference between songs for dance and songs about a dance.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
no bro I see both of those songs in the same light nether had any context they are strictly songs for the club even if one is about a dance in itself its the same thing to me and why would these artist need to switch it up for if they only want to make music to dance to i dont see anybody saying that lupe need to switch it up and make a club song to get on the radio let them folks stay in there lane and do them and most of the time the rappers that people say have context in there music really dont be talking about $#!% you just like the lyrics
Well that's the way u see it. however,

lyrics while not talkin bout !$@#>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> No lyrics and not talkin bout !$@#

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Seriously. Nobody talks about Wu right now except elitists and old heads who don't want to live in 2010 but want to stay in 1997. Wu isn't relevant right now because they don't drop good music anymore as a group. We're to the point now where Raekwon drops a decent album and everyoen overhypes it because its been a minute since the Wu has dropped a significant banger. Them dudes are bitter that solo wise they can't pack a show like a one hit wonder can right now. That's alright. No need to be bitter at these rappers. Be bitter at your fans. Be bitter at hip hop fans. We're the ones supporting these one hit wonders.
So because collectively they havent made a good album in a minute,  we should dismiss everything they've done?  Or anything that any legend who hasnt made good or any music in recent years should be dismissed?  And saying that only "elitists and old heads" listen to Wu, is like me saying only youngins and idiots listen to Waka.....foolish aint it?  No one talks about Wu in 2010 but here we are 9 pages later......still talking.
But why are we talking about the Wu for 9 pages? Because of their music or because they said some outlandish $+@ to stay relevant again? We should be making 9 pages about their album. Instead they haven't dropped a hot album collectively since the mid 90's.

We shouldn't dismiss anything Wu has done. But if you're going to judge these young n's in the game you better be supplying classic $+@ yourself and IMO Wu ain't doing that. If you're an old head still making music you don't have a right to say $+@ if that music is garbage.

And I never ONCE said that the only people that listen to Wu Tang are elitists and old heads. Where did you get that from?
Your right, we should be going 9+ pages on they're music,  but if theywere as irrelevant as some are suggesting,  this thread would'nt havemade it past 2 pages.

I meant to type "talks",  but it wound'nt have made a difference.  It still would be false.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

At the end of the day whose music will be remember and appreciated years from now Wu or So Icey. Thats why I don't even engage in these arguments anymore.

Like forreal do you hear people bumping or talking about Ying Yang Twinz or Trillville in 2010 or old OB4CL, Forever and etc.. disposable music fades out so It doesn't bother me as much anymore.
actually...with time...you can't really judge that...you can't tell me people in Atlanta will remember Wu Tang over So Icey 15 years from now...
Seriously. Nobody talks about Wu right now except elitists and old heads who don't want to live in 2010 but want to stay in 1997. Wu isn't relevant right now because they don't drop good music anymore as a group. We're to the point now where Raekwon drops a decent album and everyoen overhypes it because its been a minute since the Wu has dropped a significant banger. Them dudes are bitter that solo wise they can't pack a show like a one hit wonder can right now. That's alright. No need to be bitter at these rappers. Be bitter at your fans. Be bitter at hip hop fans. We're the ones supporting these one hit wonders.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

What makes them not relevent ANYmore??

If I recall correctly Raekwon's last album was rated top 10 by Time magazine, received rave reviews from damn near every magazine, and sold pretty well for an independent album...

Rae pushed 68K his first week & debuted Top 5 ... Gucci did 89K debut @ #10
1) That's a Rae album not a Wu album
2)Nobody outside of the 4 buroughs checkin' for Rae.

And I don't know what they did their 1st weeks but Gucci is at 278k right now and Raekwon is at 137k. That's if you want to compare album sales. And ever since when is getting a good review from a magazine mean your relevant? It means you had a solid album.

Seriously. Nobody talks about Wu right now except elitists and old headswho don't want to live in 2010 but want to stay in 1997. Wu isn'trelevant right now because they don't drop good music anymore as agroup. We're to the point now where Raekwon drops a decent album andeveryoen overhypes it because its been a minute since the Wu hasdropped a significant banger. Them dudes are bitter that solo wise theycan't pack a show like a one hit wonder can right now. That's alright.No need to be bitter at these rappers. Be bitter at your fans. Bebitter at hip hop fans. We're the ones supporting these one hitwonders.
So because collectively they havent made agood album in a minute,  we should dismiss everything they've done?  Oranything that any legend who hasnt made good or any music in recentyears should be dismissed?  And saying that only "elitists and oldheads" listen to Wu, is like me saying only youngins and idiots listento Waka.....foolish aint it?  No one talks about Wu in 2010 but here weare 9 pages later......still talking.
But why arewe talking about the Wu for 9 pages? Because of their music or becausethey said some outlandish $+@ to stay relevant again? We should bemaking 9 pages about their album. Instead they haven't dropped a hotalbum collectively since the mid 90's.

We shouldn't dismissanything Wu has done. But if you're going to judge these young n's inthe game you better be supplying classic $+@ yourself and IMO Wu ain'tdoing that. If you're an old head still making music you don't have aright to say $+@ if that music is garbage.

And I never ONCE said that the only people that listen to Wu Tang are elitists and old heads. Where did you get that from?
Your right, we should be going 9+ pages on they're music,  but if theywere as irrelevant as some are suggesting,  this thread would'nt havemade it past 2 pages.

I meant to type "talks",  but it wound'nt have made a difference.  It still would be false.
Yeait would've. Its not 9 pages because of Wu. Its 9 pages because of the%$@ they said. If Kool Mo Dee said Jay-Z was garbage that %$@ would be10+ pages as well.
laugh.gif
And whether its false or not is strictlyopinion but nobody is checkin' for a Wu album because their last couplehave been garbage.

I see where they coming from and I see where he coming from. It aint even about being salty. It basically has to do with your take on music. These dudes put their heart and soul into the music, they really have love for it and are passionate about it. So for them its hard to comprehend that not all artist feel that way. Waka aint about substance and music to him is just music. Him saying why get mad over music shows that to him it's just a pass time/job while these dudes live for this !%@$. He's having fun with it while they have genuine love for it. That love kinda makes them contradict them selves they are critical yet get ultra defensive about their music. Thats a piece of them so they take it personally, and they also take it personally when people do something they find disrespectful to the art. Which is why they just seem like some old salty dudes. They gotta understand that a lot of what their saying can apply to their own camp. I mean look at Ghost people at one point didn't respect him as lyrical and thought he was just blabbering while others thought he was genius. ODB had no cadence, wasn't lyrical, and only really had his rawness and soul going for him. Every artist is different and has different approach to the music. It is what it is

So because collectively they havent made a good album in a minute,  we should dismiss everything they've done?  Or anything that any legend who hasnt made good or any music in recent years should be dismissed?  And saying that only "elitists and old heads" listen to Wu, is like me saying only youngins and idiots listen to Waka.....foolish aint it?  No one talks about Wu in 2010 but here we are 9 pages later......still talking.
But why are we talking about the Wu for 9 pages? Because of their music or because they said some outlandish $+@ to stay relevant again? We should be making 9 pages about their album. Instead they haven't dropped a hot album collectively since the mid 90's.

We shouldn't dismiss anything Wu has done. But if you're going to judge these young n's in the game you better be supplying classic $+@ yourself and IMO Wu ain't doing that. If you're an old head still making music you don't have a right to say $+@ if that music is garbage.

sick.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

sick.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom