Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

this thread should be locked

it turned into EXACTLY what I didn't want it to---and I'm sure fans of Mike agree with me
smh.gif
I just take it as most of these people are too young to have respect him as an artist.

It also gets me how a lot of these "kids" don't have respect for the dead. There are plenty of people I don't like, but I ALWAYS showrespect. It's just the way I was raised.

ive been watching his vids periodically today ... there will NEVER be anyone as great as he was ... i feel bad for those who were too young to see him firsthand

Originally Posted by s dubl

it turned into EXACTLY what I didn't want it to---and I'm sure fans of Mike agree with me
smh.gif
I just take it as most of these people are too young to have respect him as an artist.
but it's not even just the younger NT'ers. I mean, I never understood why people go intoappreciation threads TO HATE!!?? It's like mutha $%$# can you read????

alien.gif

anyways, saw this is on youtube and it was great

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

Jackson did have a huge effect to those born in the early 1970s the 80s babies.

people die every day only on NT do people do this. its sad that he died but i dont see why so many people are mourning over him when all
they did was bash him the last 20 years. the human race is a weird one.

Co-sign
tired.gif

Poor guy, he is in a better place now
frown.gif

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

Jackson did have a huge effect to those born in the early 1970s the 80s babies.

people die every day only on NT do people do this. its sad that he died but i dont see why so many people are mourning over him when all
they did was bash him the last 20 years. the human race is a weird one.
Co-sign

I never bashed Mike. I was always bashed for always sticking by his side. He dies......and then all of those people are texting me saying that it's a"terrible loss" and whatnot. The hell?

I know a girl that said she HATES Mike when I met her. She didn't even know he made Beat IT
indifferent.gif
. She wrote and told me that it was upsetting that he passed. My goodness.

People had a brotha on suicide watch yesterday though
laugh.gif
. I was like"damn, leave me alone I'm ok"

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

ppl always think its taboo to talk negative about someone if they die. But when they're alive and can see the negativity its coo.

And yall acting like dude was an angel and so nice and innocent. Yea the neighbors of the guy that murdered his fam thought he was the sweetest guy too

laugh.gif
wut? ......Dude was NOT meant for this world. Mental issues? Sure. Nobody is in denial here. I never bashed him in life, and won't in death. I watched, read up on all of his cases. Jackson did not touch those kids.

remember Gavin?

8a835a4fe2c663fbd0f4469b6d13306d6b72ff2.jpg

c462597e3a684dca45f670ec5210058616a9ab3.jpg

- and thats the another reason the real Mike for me died a long time ago. i cant even look at that mike for too long.....

This is not even an appreciation thread....people have the OPTION to come in and state their opinion on the man for better/worse. This is a thread where thetitle stated that he had passed.

I don't think anyone would question his legacy as an artist. However, when you are talking about his LIFE, there are certain things you just can't turna blind eye to.

From Lisa Marie Presley, what she wrote on her Myspace blog...Very touching words.
Friday, June 26, 2009
[table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
He Knew.

[size=undefined]Years ago Michael and I were having a deep conversation about life in general. [/size]

[size=undefined]I can't recall the exact subject matter but he may have been questioning me about the circumstances of my Fathers Death.[/size]

[size=undefined]At some point he paused, he stared at me very intensely and he stated with an almost calm certainty, "I am afraid that I am going to end up like him, the way he did."[/size]

[size=undefined]I promptly tried to deter him from the idea, at which point he just shrugged his shoulders and nodded almost matter of fact as if to let me know, he knew what he knew and that was kind of that.[/size]

[size=undefined]14 years later I am sitting here watching on the news an ambulance leaves the driveway of his home, the big gates, the crowds outside the gates, the coverage, the crowds outside the hospital, the Cause of death and what may have led up to it and the memory of this conversation hit me, as did the unstoppable tears.[/size]

[size=undefined]A predicted ending by him, by loved ones and by me, but what I didn't predict was how much it was going to hurt when it finally happened.[/size]

[size=undefined]The person I failed to help is being transferred right now to the LA County Coroners office for his Autopsy.[/size]

[size=undefined]All of my indifference and detachment that I worked so hard to achieve over the years has just gone into the bowels of hell and right now I am gutted.[/size]

[size=undefined]I am going to say now what I have never said before because I want the truth out there for once.[/size]

[size=undefined]Our relationship was not "a sham" as is being reported in the press. It was an unusual relationship yes, where two unusual people who did not live or know a "Normal life" found a connection, perhaps with some suspect timing on his part. Nonetheless, I do believe he loved me as much as he could love anyone and I loved him very much.[/size]

[size=undefined]I wanted to "save him" I wanted to save him from the inevitable which is what has just happened.[/size]

[size=undefined]His family and his loved ones also wanted to save him from this as well but didn't know how and this was 14 years ago. We all worried that this would be the outcome then.[/size]

[size=undefined]At that time, In trying to save him, I almost lost myself.[/size]

[size=undefined]He was an incredibly dynamic force and power that was not to be underestimated.[/size]

[size=undefined]When he used it for something good, It was the best and when he used it for something bad, It was really, REALLY bad.[/size]

[size=undefined]Mediocrity was not a concept that would even for a second enter Michael Jackson's being or actions.[/size]

[size=undefined] I became very ill and emotionally/ spiritually exhausted in my quest to save him from certain self-destructive behavior and from the awful vampires and leeches he would always manage to magnetize around him.[/size]

[size=undefined]I was in over my head while trying.[/size]

[size=undefined]I had my children to care for, I had to make a decision.[/size]

[size=undefined]The hardest decision I have ever had to make, which was to walk away and let his fate have him, even though I desperately loved him and tried to stop or reverse it somehow.[/size]

[size=undefined]After the Divorce, I spent a few years obsessing about him and what I could have done different, in regret.[/size]

[size=undefined]Then I spent some angry years at the whole situation.[/size]

[size=undefined]At some point, I truly became Indifferent, until now.[/size]

[size=undefined]As I sit here overwhelmed with sadness, reflection and confusion at what was my biggest failure to date, watching on the news almost play by play The exact Scenario I saw happen on August 16th, 1977 happening again right now with Michael (A sight I never wanted to see again) just as he predicted, I am truly, truly gutted.[/size]

[size=undefined]Any ill experience or words I have felt towards him in the past has just died inside of me along with him.[/size]

[size=undefined]He was an amazing person and I am lucky to have gotten as close to him as I did and to have had the many experiences and years that we had together.[/size]

[size=undefined]I desperately hope that he can be relieved from his pain, pressure and turmoil now.[/size]

[size=undefined]He deserves to be free from all of that and I hope he is in a better place or will be.[/size]

[size=undefined] I also hope that anyone else who feels they have failed to help him can be set free because he hopefully finally is.[/size]

[size=undefined] The World is in shock but somehow he knew exactly how his fate would be played out some day more than anyone else knew, and he was right.[/size]

[size=undefined] [/size]

[size=undefined] [/size]

[size=undefined]I really needed to say this right now, thanks for listening.[/size]

[font=Arial, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=undefined]
[/size][/font]

[size=undefined]~LMP[/size]

[font=Arial, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=undefined]
[/size][/font]

12:15 PM
[/td] [/tr][/table]

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=42291868&blogId=497035326

smh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Seriously? Logout..
indifferent.gif
Are you gonna write the media outlets a letter and tell them to stopbroadcasting because they're mentioning his pedophilia charges etc?[/color]

This is not even an appreciation thread....people have the OPTION to come in and state their opinion on the man for better/worse. This is a thread where the title stated that he had passed.

I don't think anyone would question his legacy as an artist. However, when you are talking about his LIFE, there are certain things you just can't turn a blind eye to.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Agreed[/color]

As much of an influence MJ had on me as a kid(I'm 30), as much as I loved his music, and like every kid growing up I would emulate his dance moves, I had aharder time coming to realization when Jay Dilla passed. I guess its because I felt that the MJ we all liked was gone after all the surgeries, and antics.

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

smh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Seriously? Logout..
indifferent.gif
Are you gonna write the media outlets a letter and tell them to stop broadcasting because they're mentioning his pedophilia charges etc?[/color]

This is not even an appreciation thread....people have the OPTION to come in and state their opinion on the man for better/worse. This is a thread where the title stated that he had passed.

I don't think anyone would question his legacy as an artist. However, when you are talking about his LIFE, there are certain things you just can't turn a blind eye to.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Agreed[/color]

%%## is you?
grin.gif

ok, so I get you that it's NOT an appreciation thread---but I mean, why go through the trouble of bringing up NEGATIVITY in a thread where people startedit off as something positive? (which it clearly did) People were in here saying RIP and remembering what Mike's music did for us in our childhood. Doesthat mean we are turning a blind eye? NO! THAT MEANS WE UNDERSTAND THE MAN JUST DIED HOURS AGO AND ARE REMEMBERING THE GOOD ABOUT HIM!!!!

And I honestly do have a problem with the media broadcasting his charges and what not---so soon. I mean, he ain'teven in the ground yet. We all know what Mike may have done but I mean dam, he just died.

that 911 call says to me that he already passed before he got in the Ambulance.
tired.gif

Truly sad.

Big fan of MJ. . . the Greatest Entertainer of ALL TIME. Period.

People need to respect.

Peace

this whole personal doctor guy is suspect!
nerd.gif

he was the only guy with Michael at the time but he wasnt the one to call 911?

and when the paramedic on the phone asked the guy did anybody see what went on you get no response from the doctor in the background but some jibberish and theguy on the phone was saying just come noe

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

Do any of you feel that there is a racial divide as far as how people

A) view Michael Jackson

B) handling his death

?

There was a conversation on the radio about this when I was driving to work today.
^

I dunno.

But it seems like a lot of people, regardless of race, are taking it kinda hard.

Honestly, at least in my case, it was more of a shock thing rather than a super sad "I can't believe he's gone
frown.gif
" type sentiment.

What have you seen Marco?

The fact that I was never a big-big, MJ Let me go get the glove-jacket-hat and go watch moonwalker type of fan probably explains part of it.

But I imagine his thorough fans are taking it really hard. And they span all races. So I don't think there is any divide on a large scale.

I'm a HUGE fan, have his whole discography and probably am listening to a MJ track 30% of the time I'm listening to music. Used to practice his dance moves in my basement and all that. I was seeing Transformers when I got texts about it and it kinda made it hard to pay attention to the movie, but I was more shocked than sad or anything. Like when Sean Taylor died I was a mess. I couldn't get any of my work done for a week and I was just crying and crying. I don't really feel that way right now. I'm white BTW if that helps DoubleJs survey any
laugh.gif
x10000... this is exactly my situation, except i'm black.

i have had Michael's whole discography for years now... i have tapes upon tapes of his old performances... i spent the whole summer after 6th grade lookingup moonwalk instructional videos on the internet and practicing in front of the mirror.. when i had sleeping problems in 12th grade due to stress i made a MJplaylist of a couple of his smooth songs (Human Nature, Liberian Girl, I Can't Help It, Lady in My Life, and a few others) and fell asleep to it everysingle night... my boys used to clown me all day when i was driving with the iPod on shuffle and MJ came on
laugh.gif

i feel like i'm one of the few people my age who actually loved MJ before last night.. but honestly, when Sean Taylor died it hit me harder (and i'mnot even a Skins fan). i was physically shaken for an entire week... i wasn't paying attention in class and didn't do a lick of HW when i came home,just stared at my blank computer screen. i think it was because ST was taken in his prime, while MJ was already frail and over the hill.

Back
Top Bottom