Michael Jackson 1958-2009..................... Memorial Set for July 7th at Staples Center

Kobe been friends with Mike since he got out to LA.

Wheres Chris Tucker in all this? Maybe he's taking it real hard.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Kobe been friends with Mike since he got out to LA.

Wheres Chris Tucker in all this? Maybe he's taking it real hard.
I think him and Quincey just couldn't go.

my mom was saying that one of Elizabeth Taylor's reps. said she couldn't come because they thought she would die from grief.

A few articles I've read have mentioned that Chris Tucker was at the memorial and also was at the reception that followed at the Beverly Wilshire, buthe's always been a very private person.

I'm real late, but can someone explain to me why everyone was wearing sunglasses? Is there a point to that? Another thing, why would they let a little girlspeak at her own father's funeral, using that as some sort of climax as if this was an awards show? Does anyone realize how traumatic that is on top ofeverything that has happened? Speaking in front of millions of people for the first time about your dad's death? This isn't a show, this is supposed tobe a memorial. Trying to get ratings FTL.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

I thought Brook Sheilds was acting.
yeah...it was a little...sculpted...

as for Kobe? he had no right to be up there. That was just lame. They could have had more people who mean more to the music industry than just "who'shot right now." I would have also thought the show should be longer if anything...

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

I'm real late, but can someone explain to me why everyone was wearing sunglasses? Is there a point to that? Another thing, why would they let a little girl speak at her own father's funeral, using that as some sort of climax as if this was an awards show? Does anyone realize how traumatic that is on top of everything that has happened? Speaking in front of millions of people for the first time about your dad's death? This isn't a show, this is supposed to be a memorial. Trying to get ratings FTL.
It's traditional to wear dark shades at funerals .

Every funeral I've been to ...the mature children spoke . The children that could bear doing ti . Paris wanted to talk .

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

as for Kobe? he had no right to be up there. That was just lame. They could have had more people who mean more to the music industry than just "who's hot right now." I would have also thought the show should be longer if anything...

I thought Brook Sheilds was being genuine..even in interviews after MJ's passing she was pretty messed up..you guys have to remember that they go back 20+yrs..even after their relationship ended they stayed pretty close..I do think usher at the end of his performance wasn't to convincing IMO..as far as Kobegoes he was invited to speak by the jackson family..Him and MJ had a friendship since '96 when he first got to LA..Overall I thought the memorial was wellput together..

still cant believe mike jack is gone still
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

I'm real late, but can someone explain to me why everyone was wearing sunglasses? Is there a point to that? Another thing, why would they let a little girl speak at her own father's funeral, using that as some sort of climax as if this was an awards show? Does anyone realize how traumatic that is on top of everything that has happened? Speaking in front of millions of people for the first time about your dad's death? This isn't a show, this is supposed to be a memorial. Trying to get ratings FTL.
It's traditional to wear dark shades at funerals .

Every funeral I've been to ...the mature children spoke . The children that could bear doing ti . Paris wanted to talk .
I always thought people wore sunglasses to hide their tears.

I saw the Heal the world portion of the show....and seeing everyone around the world swaying back and forth was too much for me.....

Dang mike....you will never be forgoten

i just watched it thanks to my DVR.
the casket being at the memorial
eek.gif
, i didnt expect it
Jermaine singing "Smile"
frown.gif

Paris speaking
frown.gif

Marlon telling MJ to give Brandon a hug
frown.gif

Rev. Sharpton's speech
pimp.gif

Kobe appearance
eyes.gif
but he was tearing up in the backround
ohwell.gif

RIP Mike
tired.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

as for Kobe? he had no right to be up there. That was just lame. They could have had more people who mean more to the music industry than just "who's hot right now." I would have also thought the show should be longer if anything...
he was invited by the family
you expected dude to turn it down?

You can tell he was an amazing father.

Also, I heard that in this segment they showed a videotape of the kids singing "You are my Sunshine". Instead of sunshine, they said daddy.The lastpart they sang it "Please don't take my daddy away".
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

You can tell he was an amazing father.

Also, I heard that in this segment they showed a videotape of the kids singing "You are my Sunshine". Instead of sunshine, they said daddy.The last part they sang it "Please don't take my daddy away".
frown.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif

I found a video where they sing "You are my Daddy" to him. You can fast forward to the 4:30 mark. They show more footage of the home videos here inthis segment. Just thought I'd share!

Edit: I just embedded the same video! Sorry about that. You can check out the video here -->

underneath all of the fluff *caugh* rev al sharpton *cough* there was a pretty good memorial
highlights include
Jermain Jackson-this guy has always been cool in my book. he's he head of the family as far as im concerned.
MLK's kids-pretty cool to see them speak. Only thing was that MLK III maybe played it a little to close to the MLK Guide to Giving a Great Speech handbook.
Brooke Shields-Really sweet anecdotes and pleasant delivery.
Paris-Damn. Just...damn.

Kobe and Magic being there was just bizzare, but kinda funny. The KFC thing is funny.

I watched the VHS yesterday, and I decided to post my favorite part. Peep Mos Def in it and Michael asthe fat guy.
laugh.gif

Go to 4:45

eek.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif

Exactly what they need with California being an an economic state of disaster

my city probably made more than half of that back off of parking and tourism alone. people from other states/countries had to fly in/out, theyneeded somewhere to stay/sleep, they needed somewhere to eat, and then they probably shopped. they probably havent even left yet. IMO

shades at funerals are usually worn by men and women to hide their tears. most people were wearing aviators in rememberance of mj though that i noticed.

i can agree with most of the things here.

except critisizing kobe at being there.

come on man. if you were invited to speak about mike at the memorial wouldnt you be there ????

shoot, i would have talked about billie jean being my favorite song! u feel me?

and to the person saying paris was allowed to speak for ratings... come on now. they asked who wanted to speak and she stepped up. she said her piece n brokedown. . . . also the saddest part of the whole memorial real talk =/

Back
Top Bottom