Michael Jordan unveils the Air Jordan 2009

Even the man himself can not save these shoes.

JB is taking a pretty basic approach on the colorways so far. We haven't seen anything too crazy AT ALL.

They must really be focusing on 2010, because the effort just doesn't seem to be there with these shoes.

Originally Posted by chrisMatiC413

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

I heard that theres a button on the bottom of the shoe that transforms them into infrared VI's so im copping
roll.gif
roll.gif

retail price of $190
eek.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
alien.gif

I see why they couldn't be named Air Jordan 24's.... They are 2009 trash....This shoe makes me want to cop some Fusions....LOL

they look like some golfing shoes to me. the air jordan 2009 draws inspiration from mj taking butt whoopin' on the links from tigs.

Darren Rovell Interview

On the $190 price point for the shoe in this economy:

"I get this every year. We value what we do with this shoe. We feel like we put as much energy as muchtechnology into the shoe and the toughest thing is trying to establish what that value is. In the past, we've established what the value is being a premiumproduct. Over the last couple years it's been $175 and we've brought it up another 15 bucks because I think a lot more innovation and technology hasbeen put into the product. Is it a tough price point? Yeah, you can say that. But when you think you've built the best product, obviously you feel like ithas a certain value. I mean, you don't go buy a Ferrari and expect to get a Volkswagon price."

Yeah but Ferraris aren't made in Vietnam/Indonesia for a fraction of the retail price.

I peeped it on SC too!

It was #9 because of 2k9.

I may be the only one who actually loves these. All good

These are
sick.gif
reminisent of the XX2.
If JB doesn't come strong with the 2010, I think the brand will start to go down hill.

These are really bad, JB needs to scrap these shoes. I don't understand why anyone would buy these at 190. I guess the limited tag will induce a lot ofbuyers and resellers.

Originally Posted by LebronMing

Darren Rovell Interview

On the $190 price point for the shoe in this economy:

"I get this every year. We value what we do with this shoe. We feel like we put as much energy as much technology into the shoe and the toughest thing is trying to establish what that value is. In the past, we've established what the value is being a premium product. Over the last couple years it's been $175 and we've brought it up another 15 bucks because I think a lot more innovation and technology has been put into the product. Is it a tough price point? Yeah, you can say that. But when you think you've built the best product, obviously you feel like it has a certain value. I mean, you don't go buy a Ferrari and expect to get a Volkswagon price."

Yeah but Ferraris aren't made in Vietnam/Indonesia for a fraction of the retail price.
Uh...maybe you get this every year because you're always freaking overpricing the shoe WAY above all others? Get a clue.

Nobody's asking for Jordans to be $85. We're asking for value and some acknowledgment that the economy isn't where it once was. I thought theXX3s were overpriced but at least they were really nice shoes. But to up the price in this economy is disgusting.

To have a shoe that's essentially 30% more than any other shoe on the market is absurd. To make his idiotic analogy actually fit, it would be if Ferraristarted selling cars at $1 million while Lambo and other comparable brands stayed at their current price points. That and if Ferrari started making cars thatlooked like Oldsmobiles...
eyes.gif

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but that heel reminds me of something Nike did with a trainer a few years ago.

Back
Top Bottom