Midnight Release No Longer at Midnight......

What do you fellas feel about NDC new twitter RSVP system. Due to the sites crashes of all the hypebeasts and resellers. Now us collectors will have to wait till 8 am eastern time or 5 am pacific time in order to attempt to buy a pair online..
My personal thoughts are the subject is stupid beyond any words that I can think of. I feel that this new system will lower our  chances of actually getting the shoes. If we try to get them online, we'll miss the store release since were at home hoping to get a pair. All these resellers have really changed the game. I remember when the Spacejams came out back in 09  I was able to buy 2 pairs online for NDC without any problems. Then the next morning I went to my local footlocker got another pair like nothing no lines it was great. Now ever since this Concord release everything has been crazy to nearly impossible to cop.  Now how do you feel about this system, think its gonna work or fail. I want to know your opinions on this

Plus its going to put extra traffic on the sites that do midnight releases. Meaning more sites crashing.

mad.gif
My boy just text me that tweet. It was said "ALL" US retailers will be doing this.

Damn this sucks I was feeling the store Rsvp system for stores dont think this will stop the site from crashing

They're doing this because of all the hypebeasts and resellers / website crashing? This isn't gonna fix a @#$#@$ thing. All it's gonna do is piss people off more when they can't get through because it'll be at a more inconvenient time.

P.S. for those who think west coasters are gonna suffer from this, I know there's gonna be some east coasters who have work early in the morning during releases.

So when I'm in Anchorage, AK, I have to wait till 4 a.m. to buy some sneakers online?

frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

This is turrible!

Will this be in effect for the Jordan IV Cavs???

I believe it's for all future releases...But let's all hope not.

Originally Posted by KMante

So when I'm in Anchorage, AK, I have to wait till 4 a.m. to buy some sneakers online?

frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

This is turrible!

It's going to be in effect starting this weekend with the Elite releases so I'd assume it will be for everything else that follows as well...

wait this affects online midnight releases too!? no sarcasm

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by sniper

Originally Posted by KMante

frown.gif

30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

This is turrible!

It's going to be in effect starting this weekend with the Elite releases so I'd assume it will be for everything else that follows as well...
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by APx2323

What do you fellas feel about NDC new twitter RSVP system. Due to the sites crashes of all the hypebeasts and resellers. Now us collectors will have to wait till 8 am eastern time or 5 am pacific time in order to attempt to buy a pair online..
My personal thoughts are the subject is stupid beyond any words that I can think of. I feel that this new system will lower our  chances of actually getting the shoes. If we try to get them online, we'll miss the store release since were at home hoping to get a pair. All these resellers have really changed the game. I remember when the Spacejams came out back in 09  I was able to buy 2 pairs online for NDC without any problems. Then the next morning I went to my local footlocker got another pair like nothing no lines it was great. Now ever since this Concord release everything has been crazy to nearly impossible to cop.  Now how do you feel about this system, think its gonna work or fail. I want to know your opinions on this

Where do live? that's crazy that you were able to just stroll in the store and pick up space jams like that.

This discussion was going on the RSVP topic, but im glad someone made a new topic for it. I almost did.

But yeah 5 AM for pacific coast. ugh. 4AM for you is even worse.

Dont know what I should do, go to bed and wake up early? Or just stay up?

Girlfriend will have my balls if I wake her up with my alarm at 4 45 AM just to cop shoes.

I'm pretty happy about it, but unfortunately, if there is enough hype, chaos is inevitable....

This is only going to benefit resellers more than actual true Jordan collectors.

They are probably jumping for joy right now knowing this change because they will now jack-up their asking prices even more
30t6p3b.gif

Look at the bright side...most us retailers have their phone lines closed for midnight releases...now with Iam releases,you should be able to order by calling...hopefully

New system is dumb...I would think there's less traffic on a friday night than a Saturday morning....most of us rely on online orders,if we don't get thru at midnight,we get up early and go to a store...now its either or...I guess its back to strictly instore purchases

Nike is putting their foot down and making all these rules for all major us retailers....crazy...gess that's what happens when you own more than 80% of the market share in the industry

So is there still twitter RSVP or you can only get the shoes by getting them in the morning? 

I'm not sure how this will work but after Nike doing me dirty this past release i think i'll stick with purchasing in person

I have never purchased online thru them so not a big deal for me. Does kind of suck if it means more people will be out at retailers now

The twitter rsvp will NOT be for every sneaker release...not sure if its a niketown call individually,or a nike corp decision for all NTowns...I know for sure NTNY will NOT be doing twitter rsvp for the Lebron Elites this weekend....which means people. Can start lining up whenever since its first come first serve....why even make a twitter rsvp if you wont implement it for most,if not alll releases?

Still some flaws in the system....now let's see how this 8am stuff goess...great for us eastcoast people...sucks for westcoast since its 5am launches instead of 9pm

Back
Top Bottom