Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

I don't care about the original but, nothing they showed looks good. The suits are whatever, but the Zord looks buttcheeks. Look how dope the Jaagers where in Pacific Rim.

This design just is extra basic

I'm not puttin money in Saban's pockets anymore. He's trying to get richer off our nostalgia and the word of mouth that travels because of it. At best this movie gets bootlegged. If you're not gonna respect the American audiences that grew up making the show that hit phenomenon than at least show respect to the Super Sentai series and it's designs. This is a blatant cash grab meant to sell toys.
I've yet to give him money since the first movie so I'm fine :lol:

i went to see The Accountant last night and this trailer was played ...

cant even lie that s*** looked dumb af man. Nothing about the trailer says oh man i might have to check that out. Nostalgia alone is going to have to drive this movie, and nothing about rings true to the OG besides the color of the rangers, their dinos, and their actual name.

when it finished i just

giphy.gif

Last edited:
My man Saban going to Saban. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. We probably saw the best parts of the film with that trailer.

First time they faced the putties, they got washed. They finally morphed, became one with the power grid and proceededto no longer get washed by the putties.

Jason was having hand to hand combat with a sword wielding flying dog.

And everytime the Rangers lost their powers they always got washed by the putties.

They had powers unmorphed.

Folks on fb really tryna tell me the original PR had powers outside of the suit

They did have powers.

1. Jason's power was the ability to hit that roundhouse kick at the beginning of the opening credits.

2. Trini's unmorphed power was the ability to translate nerd.

3. Zack's unmorphed power was the ability to get buns by way of his silky smooth dance moves and singing.

4. Billy's unmorphed power was the ability to make cool gadgets like the communicator and the flying bug.

5. Kim's unmorphed power was being able to look great while beating putties.

6. Tommy's unmorphed power was being able to defeat putties with Ron Wasserman's Combat playing in the background.

First time they faced the putties, they got washed. They finally morphed, became one with the power grid and proceededto no longer get washed by the putties.

And everytime the Rangers lost their powers they always got washed by the putties.

They got washed because they'd never fought putties before. Had nothing to do with the Morphin Grid. Zedd's putties initially gave them that work before they figured it out. The original team always initially struggled when Rita and Zedd used different foot soldiers but once they fought putties and Tengas on a regular basis they put in work.

They got washed because they'd never fought putties before. Had nothing to do with the Morphin Grid. Zedd's putties initially gave them that work before they figured it out. The original team always initially struggled when Rita and Zedd used different foot soldiers but once they fought putties and Tengas on a regular basis they put in work.
They needed the ninja powers to fight the Tengas. Unless my memory is bad on that.

They needed the ninja powers to fight the Tengas. Unless my memory is bad on that.

They did need the ninja powers but before they got them they put up a decent fight for not being used to fighting super strong birds.

They did need the ninja powers but before they got them they put up a decent fight for not being used to fighting super strong birds.

You jumped from Rita to Zedd (tv show) to the Tengas in the movie with Ivan.

They fought the Tengas pretty decent though, no reason why they needed to morph thought i dont think. They regrouped and couldve kept going.

Putties were trash they couldnt fight for s***

Goldar was underrated

Last edited:
You jumped from Rita to Zedd (tv show) to the Tengas in the movie with Ivan.

They fought the Tengas pretty decent though, no reason why they needed to morph thought i dont think. They regrouped and couldve kept going.

Putties were trash they couldnt fight for s***

Goldar was underrated
Tengas were in the show as well. After Jason Zach and Kim had already left.

The never fought putties, 5 minutes later finally morph and bond with their powers then defeat the putties. It's pretty spelled out for you there that they were enhanced when they tapped into the morphing grid. Like literally nothing changed except them morphing.

The more I've seen of this movie, the more I feel they stomp on my soul. :smh:

On the other hand, I was watching some of the OG version on Netflix and man that **** was corny as hell. Kids will watch anything. But's it still my childhood so I can't hate. :lol:

Who approved of that Megazord design?! 

The Megazord from the OG movie looks better than that 
mean.gif

Then what was the purpose of "morphin time"?

The reason they were chosen to be rangers in the first place is because they had qualites and traits that other teens there age didn't have. Honest, truthful, sense of justice, smart and they all had some type of martial arts background. A normal teen is getting washed by a putty. A kid who knows martial arts might hold up a better fight. There were no powers outside the suits

The reason they were chosen to be rangers in the first place is because they had qualites and traits that other teens there age didn't have. Honest, truthful, sense of justice, smart and they all had some type of martial arts background. A normal teen is getting washed by a putty. A kid who knows martial arts might hold up a better fight. There were no powers outside the suits

I just realized that in between whatever silly adventures they were going through each episode, there was usually somebody training at Ernie's or something. And there were random competitions as payoffs too, IIRC :lol:

I never really saw Kim or Trini train martial arts (that i recall) but Kim was a gymnast so i guess that could play in to. Billy didnt know any though, Jason encouraged him to join the class he tought

I never really saw Kim or Trini train martial arts (that i recall) but Kim was a gymnast so i guess that could play in to. Billy didnt know any though, Jason encouraged him to join the class he tought
I do remember Trini doing some martial arts. Not sure what it's called. Kim and billy were probably the two who had the least fighting ability. Zachary tommy and Jason all could fight

It really comes across like you folks are going off of the nostalgic memory of something you watched 23 years ago. When was the last time you actually sat and rewatched the original series? On top of that there are subtle things that happen that you pick up on now as an adult that you may have overlooked as a child.

Zordon literally says in episode 1 "Rita's escaped and she's taking over the city, teleport 5 OVERBEARING and OVEREMOTIONAL human beings." It was random selection.

They were never suppose to Morph unless they were in danger that was one of the rules Zordon established. Whenever the challenge became too much then they morphed.

The OG is in Netflic, some of us have said we have rewatched it. I actually watched OG a cpl years ago on YouTube.

But its not hard to recall the show if you loved it that much

Back
Top Bottom