Mike Vick Sentenced to 23 Months in Prison

Mike brought this upon himself. He was the one fighting and executing dogs...He was the one that failed a drug test knowing the damn things were coming. He,apparently, was still not 100% cooperative with the Feds after he made his plea agreement. 23 months down from 5+ years is a good deal for Mike. People need tostop acting like the man got screwed.
smh.gif

He's done in the NFL, though. He couldn't hit a receiver past 10-15 yards as it was, how do you think he's going to adapt back into the NFL after3+ years (longer if Goodell suspends him) of no practice? Unless this man gets big body in jail and comes back as a RB, he's got no shot of coming back andhaving a productive NFL career.
his career is over because of some dogs. you can't be serious......
*****! His career is over because Mike couldn't draw the line between right and wrong. And when he got caught, he continued to put up a frontand act like he had no fault in the issue. No, the dogs didn't end Mike's career. Mike ended Mike's career.

Great, we get to listen to Cornyhieser rant about his all night during the Falcons v Saints.

This is so true
eyes.gif

Honestly, what are the odds that tonight the Falcons are on national TV. It's going to be 3 hours of Vick talk with Reggie Bush's injury drama mixedin. Time to catch up on my book reading.

The system smacked him hard. 23 months for whacking a bunch of mutts? I hate PETA. SHip them off to the rainforest.

Dude won't be allowed to lift weights either.

laugh.gif

His career is far from over. People are OD'in

October 09. And ESPN just said it's a good chance he won't be suspended after the harshness of this penalty.

Vick will be back. Trust

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Mike brought this upon himself. He was the one fighting and executing dogs...He was the one that failed a drug test knowing the damn things were coming. He, apparently, was still not 100% cooperative with the Feds after he made his plea agreement. 23 months down from 5+ years is a good deal for Mike. People need to stop acting like the man got screwed.
smh.gif

He's done in the NFL, though. He couldn't hit a receiver past 10-15 yards as it was, how do you think he's going to adapt back into the NFL after 3+ years (longer if Goodell suspends him) of no practice? Unless this man gets big body in jail and comes back as a RB, he's got no shot of coming back and having a productive NFL career.
*****! His career is over because Mike couldn't draw the line between right and wrong. And when he got caught, he continued to put up a front and act like he had no fault in the issue. No, the dogs didn't end Mike's career. Mike ended Mike's career.

Co-sign. Don't act like Vick doesn't deserve this.
On a related note- I am stayin off ESPN for atleast 3 days. I can't imagine how MNF will be tonight

The judge was gunning for him since he is an animal activist. I'm surprised he didn't give Vick the 5 years.

This was blown way out of proportion. You have pedophiles and murderers who get time than he did. America is too sensitive about issues like this. Don'tsay you don't have a dog because I do but how can we get mad over something that was once considered legal and our forefathers actively participated in.

Maybe someone correct me on this, but aren't the federal charges related only to the financing and interstate gambling? I know he had to confess to thedogs being killed and such, but aren't the federal charges only money-related? The impending state trial deals with the actual physical nature of theoperation and his hands-on involvement with the dogs, right?

This really sucks I am a big Mike Vick fan. I don't think he will be back. 2 years away from football ain't nobody going to want him.

how can we get mad over something that was once considered legal and our forefathers actively participated in.
George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abe Lincoln were active dog fighters?

i'm sitting here dumbfounded at 2 years. SMH at anyone who thinks 2 years is just and is what he "deserves".

hopefully mike still has the motivation to get back into the league. apparently he'll be eligible for release come october 2009, so he will be 30 whenhe gets out. plenty of time left to revive his career. i think once he gets out majority of people will finally realize that he's endured enough and hewill be welcomed back into the nfl with open arms as a changed man. hopefully mike takes advantage of all the free time he is going to have on his hands andworks out like crazy and ends up in the best physical shape of his life.

HE WILL BE A STARTING QB IN THE NFL AGAIN!

This makes no sense what so ever. Damn near 2 years for killing some dogs?? What a world we live in, SMH. I can't believe so many people actuallyvalue the life of a dog.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Mike brought this upon himself. He was the one fighting and executing dogs...He was the one that failed a drug test knowing the damn things were coming. He, apparently, was still not 100% cooperative with the Feds after he made his plea agreement. 23 months down from 5+ years is a good deal for Mike. People need to stop acting like the man got screwed.
smh.gif

He's done in the NFL, though. He couldn't hit a receiver past 10-15 yards as it was, how do you think he's going to adapt back into the NFL after 3+ years (longer if Goodell suspends him) of no practice? Unless this man gets big body in jail and comes back as a RB, he's got no shot of coming back and having a productive NFL career.
*****! His career is over because Mike couldn't draw the line between right and wrong. And when he got caught, he continued to put up a front and act like he had no fault in the issue. No, the dogs didn't end Mike's career. Mike ended Mike's career.

wow. i couldn't have put it in better words myself.

mike did this to himself, and i don't feel the least bit sorry for him. he better not let nasty nate get his cocktail...FRUIT!

Ya'll act like he was set up it was his own dumb decisions that put him here no one forced Mike to fight dogs everyone knows its illegal it wasnt like itwas a secret.If ya cant do the time dont do the crime.SIMPLE!!!!!!!

all i know is i think he actually got off a little easy.
i know most of you guys think he was ripped off but he could
have easily gotten 5 years and made an example out of.
for him to get 2 years is pretty damn good.
considering he was in charge, it was his house, and he funded the thing.
His friends got 18-21 and hes not far off. hopefully he learned his mistake
and stops messing with all this stupid crap off the field. although he will
more than likely not be a falcon, good luck to his come back.

Back
Top Bottom