Millennials Are Running Out of Time to Build Wealth #brokebois

In almost every way measurable, millennials in the U.S. at 40 are doing worse financially than the generations that came before them.

Fewer millennials own homes than their parents did at their age. They have more debt — especially student debt. They simply aren’t as wealthy.

Now, if predictions of a long, post-Covid economic boom are to be believed, this may be the last opportunity an entire generation has to build wealth before heading off into retirement.

Baby boomers went out of their way to ruin everything

My bro stays complaining about his job as architect . The owner is some grumpy (perhaps racist) 80 year old man still working. He keeps my bro at $25 per hour and that’s rock bottom low for what he does, the experience and overall running the place. His schoolmates landed their 1st jobs getting paid $37 to start with zero experience and here is my bro at the same pay and toss in his boss’ hostile nature. Old man if you’re always going to be this grumpy......just retire already and let the next generation get paid. You’re time BEEN up.

still ruining. Just cancel these damn student Loans and let’s move on together.

Need more than that. I’ve paid off my school loans. Can’t ever buy a house in the bay area and i make well over triple digits. Letting foreign investors / wealthy boys throw out cash offers a million over asking for a 3 bedroom shack is impossible.

Need more than that. I’ve paid off my school loans. Can’t ever buy a house in the bay area and i make well over triple digits. Letting foreign investors / wealthy boys throw out cash offers a million over asking for a 3 bedroom shack is impossible.
Word. Reset all the markets they jacked up

My bro stays complaining about his job as architect . The owner is some grumpy (perhaps racist) 80 year old man still working. He keeps my bro at $25 per hour and that’s rock bottom low for what he does, the experience and overall running the place. His schoolmates landed their 1st jobs getting paid $37 to start with zero experience and here is my bro at the same pay and toss in his boss’ hostile nature. Old man if you’re always going to be this grumpy......just retire already and let the next generation get paid. You’re time BEEN up.
Your brother should find employment elsewhere

I think there is a lot in common between boomers and Gen Z
-They both like to brag about how"frugal" they are with their money
-Both were born into great economies
-Both were swept up in counterculture movements (Feminism, Racial,Trans) etc...
-Addiction to media (Television-Social Media)

Milennials
-We have no money
-No homes
-Cop Jordans and iphones
-Lease whips
-Born into the George H Bush recession
-99 .com bust
- & 08 crash

Last edited:
This is my favorite recurring post on NT :lol: Comparing yourself to the generation before you, or anyone for that matter, is an exercise in futility. All my friends are flourishing and most own homes. Not denying it, but I don’t really see the millennial struggle first hand. Most people choose to be broke.

$25/hr as an architect? :wow:

This is my favorite recurring post on NT :lol: Comparing yourself to the generation before you, or anyone for that matter, is an exercise in futility. All my friends are flourishing and most own homes. Not denying it, but I don’t really see the millennial struggle first hand. Most people choose to be broke.

Well since your friends are flourishing, everyone else must be.

I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again, White people were giving Free land away with the land run. All you have to do is run and plant the flag on it and it was yours. That land turned into generational wealth. Are we really going to act like that wasn’t the biggest head start anyone could ever have? Let me know when they start giving away houses and all I had to do was play tag to get it. Imagine getting acres of land and all you had to do was jog half a mile LOL. I’d be Ted Turner

Very proud of that article. I keep telling people that lib conjecture and innuendo will leave you broke, ugly and with 0 prospects.
3w7i47.jpg

intro.jpg

still ruining. Just cancel these damn student Loans and let’s move on together.

I use to think this would be enough but it's clear it's not happening anytime soon if ever. Regardless if this happens or not, I want there to be a breakpoint with how much schools can charge. Stop granting 18 yr olds 50k loans for SOB university in Kickacow, WI and watch SOB university change their pricing scheme. Grad school is another thing completely but let's work on undergrad first.

Mid west in the winters though 🥶

How competitive is this position?

you won’t work winters, lots of ot in the summer though.

lots of guys come up from down south and go back home for the winter. Street sweeper was an example of one of the jobs you could get. There’s a million jobs they’re hiring for. I always push union jobs on here. No fighting for a raise, no college and a pension and healthcare.

http://local49.org/about-us/

i work may-thanksgiving. Winter is time to collect unemployment and chill. A co worker lives in Vietnam in the winter. You can do whatever you want. :lol:

156902CA-3315-4D55-BCDD-60EABADC25C4.png

Back
Top Bottom