Millennials Are Running Out of Time to Build Wealth #brokebois

all I do is ride around moving construction equipment listening to music and raid taco trucks. :lol:

that Porta Porty life :sick::wow:

My guy, I hope you make more than $900 a year :sick: :lol: kidding

this was the laugh i needed in my life :lol:

Lot of privileged pick yourself up by the bootstraps nonsense in here. :rofl:

Bottom line is it takes much more work to be wealthy in modern America. Prior generations had slaves, manifest destiny, the GI bill...and have the nerve to ask why millenials don't own anything.

We got "college" tho :lol:

Not gonna like, I see people in my age group make questionable financial decisions.
Waaaaaaaay too many people spending $700 on tennis shoes and the newest iphone every year but live in their moms basement. Everybody wants to be out and about and just spending money wildly/freely, instead of stacking.

life is hard, I get it. But why make it harder by being dumb with your money

no never, I just want everyone to do well. It makes it a better place for all of us.

i’m going take take some classes this winter I think at our community college and get a couple coding certificates. Maybe just for some side hustle money and it never hurts to learn more. F them 🦖

I hear the good coding boot camps are no joke, but well worth it.

^Boomers had plenty who weren’t/aren’t good with $, but had many more opportunities to flourish. They had credit card interest be Tax deductible at one point :rofl:
Things change and you gotta adjust. There are some things that were way easier back in the day as opposed to bow, and Vice versa.

You can’t just keep comparing everything to the past and ***** and complain how life isn’t fair. Life isn’t fair. Period.Some people get dealt better cards than others. But you can’t just live with your cards and just say well the deck of cards I got is not fair.

Simplifying systemic issues that have affected a generation of people to “shoulda worked harder” is idiotic as well.

Yea as is "you just gotta work with the cards that you're dealt". Absof"*@lutely NOT :lol:

The problem in this country is its more ok for certain people to complain about their situation and demand change than others. No one has to be complacent with the hand they are dealt.

Same here. I mean I live off Caesar Chavez street. It’s Mexican af by my house. If you aren’t down with Mexican food you’ll starve.

I was born 5+ years too late to get a decent deal on a house. Median home price is $780k here when they were about $500k 5 years ago. That's a $280k difference and more than my entire net worth lmao. I'm 34.

Only started aggressively saving for retirement recently. The stock bull run helped me build some wealth the past year.

I dunno... looking at social media, streamers, cam whores... there are plenty of unorthodox ways of making big money now. If I weren't so dedicated to my ****ty *** job, which I have earned a decent wage after 9 years, I would probably go all in on the whole game streaming thing. If Twitch was around when I was in my early 20s I'd be a millionaire fo sho.

I dunno... looking at social media, streamers, cam whores... there are plenty of unorthodox ways of making big money now. If I weren't so dedicated to my ****ty *** job, which I have earned a decent wage after 9 years, I would probably go all in on the whole game streaming thing. If Twitch was around when I was in my early 20s I'd be a millionaire fo sho.

Social media has become the modern "I'm moving to Hollywood to make mone". Only a tiny percentage of those people make a sustainable career out of it.

I can't speak for how things were back in the day, but I can definitely say that the generation that I work with, for the most part, are lazy as hell, entitled, have a piss poor work ethic, no charisma... I could go on, but the fact of the matter is, there is money out there, and anyone can get it. Yes, certain people have more advantages than others, but thinking that going to college is going to ensure you a great life and great paying job is foolish. Half the people I meet that attended the Uni around here are dumb af.

I can't speak for how things were back in the day, but I can definitely say that the generation that I work with, for the most part, are lazy as hell, entitled, have a piss poor work ethic, no charisma... I could go on, but the fact of the matter is, there is money out there, and anyone can get it. Yes, certain people have more advantages than others, but thinking that going to college is going to ensure you a great life and great paying job is foolish. Half the people I meet that attended the Uni around here are dumb af.

You made no comparisons to older generations which is what is being discussed here. All I got out of the post is you surround yourself with dumb, uncharismatic people which actually reflects poorly on you.

The "uni" comment is a sign you probably have half the intellect of your friends who went to "uni", no matter how dumb they are. A high school drop out in Alabama is still worse than a graduate of Alabama community college.

Well I can't go back in time and work, and I no longer manage a store, so I don't choose my co-workers. I can only speak for myself, and I feel like you should do the same. I am doing fine.

I was just citing it as an example of yet another way of making money that was not available in the past. You don't even have to be good to get a following and make money, you just have be entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom