** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

Has anybody figured out what these god awful things are that Bobby Abreu is wearing?
capt.b992070e276f4aac9f1af3b1ab5b792a.blue_jays_yankees_baseball_nyy106.jpg

Originally Posted by kweimer1

Nice pictures...for College teams we only make custom colored shoes for two of our programs (South Carolina and Clemson)...Batter's Gloves we do for about 16 teams...it is possible that Tyler could be added to that list in the future...no promises though.

On a seperate note...all of the people that I promised I would send stuff out today to....lets pretend I said Tuesday instead...sorry, crazy day.

pimp.gif
Any way I can get a hook up with something Clemson related? I'm an alum, ask in the Sports forum, I talk about it non-stop and they're getting tired of me.
laugh.gif

Some cleat changes today...

Slight change to Orlando Hudson's 5-Tool PE (the big difference is the white toe area)

Matt Holliday went back to his 5-Tool MCS PE's from last year

Freddy Sanchez is wearing his Fuse PE in the foreground, but in the background you'll see a guy wearing Huarache 2K4's... that's Luis Rivas, theone who was formerly wearing the 2K5 sneaker-cleats. He actually vaguely resembled a ballplayer in the game (instead of a little leaguer).

And since it's been a bit since we've discussed the sneaker-cleats... a few other good shots:

Jim Thome's Slider Turf Cleats, and AJ's Shox 5-Tools

Vic Martinez's Mizuno Speed Trainer cleats

capt.26ae8c06bcd6455cad1757f8b58678b7.rays_yankees_baseball_nyy110.jpg

Moose rockin old model clippers...its kinda sad that Nike is no longer going to offer the clippers. I think in my life I've owned at least 6 differentpairs of clippers and every one of them have been great shoes.

^ Well, the Coop model seems to be basically replacing the Clipper... but I agree. I've worn every version of the Clippers since 1996, and while I'msure Nike will always have a low-cut, conservative cleat in their line-up, I'm bummed that they'll no longer have that name.

Originally Posted by Pipes20

Has anybody figured out what these god awful things are that Bobby Abreu is wearing?

I don't know what they are but he should have stuck with easton brand. now he rocks some u u ugly cleats...

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THESE BLK/RED 2K5'S OTHER THEN ++!++. THEY DONT HAVE MY SIZE. THANX

Originally Posted by Fear the Mongolian Chop

I actually like the amount of red and white used on the shoe. I think too much white would have been overkill, especially since my cleats get thrashed. If it were strictly a PE for Pujols, I would agree with you 100%.

Also, here are some pics of D!ck$ Sporting Goods exclusive 2k5 cleats:

ANY ONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE RED/BLK 2K5'S OTHER THEN D!CKS. THEY DONT HAVE MY SIZE. THNX GUYS
p4307274dt.jpg

p4307264dt.jpg

Both are very nice IMO. www.dickssportinggoods.com also has a FSR of ARods shox cleats from last year in 3 different colorways.

Rodz wrote:
the 2k5 cleats look good but why have they not updated them. it is 2k8 isn't.

anyone know where else other then dicksporingood i can get the red/blk 2k5's

^ mksmks... they're an exclusive to D!ck's, so the answer is no. Call up their customer service line, ask if they'll have any more sizes comingin, or see if they can find a store that carries your size. Or check eBay.

Now please stop posting the same question over and over. Thanks.

^ Wow... those Betancourt PE's are ridiculous. Here's a closer look:

I'm fairly certain that they're Fuse MCS cleats with a Zoom heel... but I'm not feeling the metallic silver overdose. Maybe it's just thetraditionalist in me, but it really bugs me when players don't adhere to their team's cleat color rules (i.e. the Mariners cleats should be dominantlyblack, Phillies red, Dodgers blue, A's white, etc.). Some crazy white or silver or colored accents are fine, but this is a little too much.

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

^ Wow... those Betancourt PE's are ridiculous. Here's a closer look:

I'm fairly certain that they're Fuse MCS cleats with a Zoom heel... but I'm not feeling the metallic silver overdose. Maybe it's just the traditionalist in me, but it really bugs me when players don't adhere to their team's cleat color rules (i.e. the Mariners cleats should be dominantly black, Phillies red, Dodgers blue, A's white, etc.). Some crazy white or silver or colored accents are fine, but this is a little too much.

Mark I couldnt agree anymore. I dont like when some players go overboard and end up with something thats completely different than the rest of the club. Imall about the different colorways and various designs but the primary color should be what everyone else on your club is wearing.

^ I'm glad I'm not alone with that. And speaking of which... Manny's another guy who regularly pushes the envelope with the dominant cleat colorrules, and he did something interesting today. He wore his 5-Tool PE's during the game, but for the pre-game ceremonies at Fenway, he wore red ShoxMonsters that I've never seen him wear before:

His 5-Tools are right on the edge of having too much red, but they're so sweet looking that I don't mind it. These are a little much though.

Anyway... some good, acceptable use of color from around the league:

Miggy Cabrera 5-Tool PE (presumably his "away" cleats)

Jacque Jones Shox Fuse (not a PE... but very nice)

Adam Jones 5-Tool MCS PE (so sweet)

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

^ I'm glad I'm not alone with that. And speaking of which... Manny's another guy who regularly pushes the envelope with the dominant cleat color
rules, and he did something interesting today. He wore his 5-Tool PE's during the game, but for the pre-game ceremonies at Fenway, he wore red Shox
Monsters that I've never seen him wear before:

His 5-Tools are right on the edge of having too much red, but they're so sweet looking that I don't mind it. These are a little much though.

Anyway... some good, acceptable use of color from around the league:

Miggy Cabrera 5-Tool PE (presumably his "away" cleats)

Jacque Jones Shox Fuse (not a PE... but very nice)

Adam Jones 5-Tool MCS PE (so sweet)

Manny actually has on some shox monsters never seen him with those before on. At first glance i though they were 5 tools.

eastbay.com is a seller of the nike huarache 2k4 in black n red sizes range from 9-16 half size included
11820061_z.jpg

plus on dickssporting goods they have 8.5-14 if u dont wear that, tough luck.

Back
Top Bottom