** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

what i wear for my games are the Nike Air Zoom 5-Tool MCS Low
with a lil orange flavor to it

which are
11805011_z.jpg

i also got some shox fuse but i dont have a picture atm

Originally Posted by energycube

why do some players choose mcs over metal and vice versa?

I often wonder the same thing. I can understand wanting to wear molded bottoms on turf fields cause wearing metal bottoms on turf can be tough on your feetbut I never saw the advantage of wearing molded on grass. I always felt metal gives you much better traction than molded. I am biased though cause I alwaysloved wearing metal spikes. I still remember getting my first pair of metal pikes, red Rawlings kangaroo leather. Probably the best quality spike Ive ever had.

well me id rather use mcs because i feel more comfortable using them but when i pitch i usually use metal cleats.

some players don't like the way metal digs into the ground. some players have had bad experiences with metal. Moises Alou of the mlb had a badexperience. he was leading off at first base getting ready to steal second and when he broke off to steal he broke a bone in his knee area. I forget what legit was but one of his metal cleats dug in and when he took off to steal it got caught in the ground. his body moved but that leg that got caught in the grounddidn't allow the knee to shift causing a snap because he just fell over immediately. this also happen to team mate of mine but he broke a bone in hisankle. stay up eveybody...

he suffered a gruesome leg injury while rounding first base at Busch Stadium in 93. alous spikes caught in the astroturf, breaking the fibula in his left legand dislocating his ankle to boot. he need tow metal screws inserted in his leg

Originally Posted by protoman90m

he suffered a gruesome leg injury while rounding first base at Busch Stadium in 93. alous spikes caught in the astroturf, breaking the fibula in his left leg and dislocating his ankle to boot. he need tow metal screws inserted in his leg

way to clear that up protoman90m. good looking out. I new he broke something just didn't remember everything. it was a pretty nastybreak.
sick.gif

yeah it was, my parents told me that watching it on tv they thought that his knee popped out, thats pretty nasty..
n u could call me manny if protoman90m gets too annoying lol

Originally Posted by Pipes20

I often wonder the same thing. I can understand wanting to wear molded bottoms on turf fields cause wearing metal bottoms on turf can be tough on your feet but I never saw the advantage of wearing molded on grass. I always felt metal gives you much better traction than molded. I am biased though cause I always loved wearing metal spikes. I still remember getting my first pair of metal pikes, red Rawlings kangaroo leather. Probably the best quality spike Ive ever had.
Aside from the injury thing (which, aside from Alou, is somewhat rare), it's a comfort thing. I've worn some of the Nike MCS cleats inthe past and there is literally no cleat pressure at all... they really feel great. The downside is that the traction can be a little less effective thanmetal, particularly on hard-packed dirt. It's not as much of an issue on pro and D-I fields, but on unmaintained public fields, MCS cleats can cause youto slip and wipe out while trying to plant if the dirt is too hard. With hitting/fielding footwork and sprinting, I never noticed much a difference... soaside from the occasional planting issue, I actually prefer the MCS cleats over metal.

Latest guy to wear a pair of cleated sneakers...

Kelly Shoppach in Reebok 4 Speed DMX trainers

It's worth mentioning that both of Cleveland's catchers (Victor Martinez and Shoppach) are wearing cleated sneakers.

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Latest guy to wear a pair of cleated sneakers...

Kelly Shoppach in Reebok 4 Speed DMX trainers

It's worth mentioning that both of Cleveland's catchers (Victor Martinez and Shoppach) are wearing cleated sneakers.

LOTS OF CATCHERS SEEM TO WEAR SNEAKERS WITH CLEATED BOTTOMS. PROB MORE COMFORTABLE WHILE SQUATTING

Just got my Gonzo batting gloves in the mail a few minutes ago... they're very, very cool. I just wish my adult league team had some blue in our uniformsso I could rock these in games (I still might anyways... they feel great).

Thanks again, kweimer1.

Rivas looks much better, as do those gorgeous Pirates unis, however the size of his legs with the long black socks makes him look much more like a footballplayer rather than baseball. By the way, the Cubs have some great nickname players this year between "The Riot" and the Japanese player whose namewill not be spoken!

Just got my Gonzo batting gloves in the mail a few minutes ago... they're very, very cool. I just wish my adult league team had some blue in our uniforms so I could rock these in games (I still might anyways... they feel great).

Thanks again, kweimer1.

That's why I didn't get involved in the free-for-all. Very Cool to have those opportunities though. That's why I love NT.

BTW, Thome's turfs look very comfy and all of the orange accented cleats on the Tigers and Orioles are beautiful!

Originally Posted by Fear the Mongolian Chop

Anyone know what Akinori is wearing?

Both Aki and Kenji Johjima wear Japanese models. Aki's upper is similar to the Slasher model here in the U.S., but it's a little different. Itried to find an exact match on nike.jp website, but I couldn't... some came close, though.

Check out the Japanese Nike Baseball line at this link if you want to have some fun. You can only read about 1/3 of thestuff on the page, but you can see some crazy baseball gear by just blindly clicking the Japanese links.

Just got my Gonzo batting gloves in the mail a few minutes ago... they're very, very cool. I just wish my adult league team had some blue in our uniforms so I could rock these in games (I still might anyways... they feel great).

Thanks again, kweimer1.

You are welcome...glad you like them. Sorry I havent posted recently...busy time of year around here.

On that note...three pairs of Batter's Gloves up for grabs...size XL....#39 on the wriststrap...Grey/Red with a little Navy

First three to post here...
bef36b3a2e60aae089d45b008aa313f366e34e6f.pjpg
a46266b26aa648ce51b8621d70db8f92a770c07b.pjpg

Originally Posted by Fear the Mongolian Chop

Anyone know what Akinori is wearing?

Both Aki and Kenji Johjima wear Japanese models. Aki's upper is similar to the Slasher model here in the U.S., but it's a little different. I tried to find an exact match on nike.jp website, but I couldn't... some came close, though.

Check out the Japanese Nike Baseball line at this link if you want to have some fun. You can only read about 1/3 of the stuff on the page, but you can see some crazy baseball gear by just blindly clicking the Japanese links.

Awesome! Thank you very much! It looked like the slasher but I wasn't sure.

I'll let someone else win the batting gloves that Kweimer is posting since I've won a pair in the past.

Back
Top Bottom