** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

laugh.gif
I am so sick of seeing Jose Reyes' picture right now. You really knows how tosend this thread into an absolute frenzy, kweimer...

Anyways... I think we've exhausted the entire photo wire collection of Jose Reyes wearing Easton gloves. Anybody have any luck with Santana?

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Okay, now, back to MLB Feet... and let's PLEASE try to keep this thread focused on unique PE cleats. It's totally cool for the Easton guys to do giveaways and give us inside info on their products, and it's fine to talk about MLB cleat trends and new gear, but aside from that, please try to stay relevant to the topic. That means posting MLB pics and discussing PE cleats. (And please, please, PLEASE don't just randomly beg the Easton guys for a hook-up out of the blue... if they want to give something away, they'll make an announcement. Giving them random props for being awesome, on the other hand, is totally fair game.)

Thanks guys... and I don't mean to sound like I'm power tripping or talking down to anybody here... I just want to keep a great thread going strong.

Co-sign! The easton guys are cool enough to show the PE's they have and give away items. Do we REALLY need to beg these guys for free things or askwhen they post the next giveaway? Just let them post a giveaway and move on. No need to ask them if they have extras. If they did, they would post them andgive them away... just like the have before. Not trying to preach or sound like I'm above anyone but if we want to keep this thread successful, we need tostop the petty stuff. Also, there is no need to continuously repost PE's that have been posted before. It might be a good idea to go back a few pages andcheck and see if a shoe has been posted before anyone (including myself) decides to post a pic.

This is EASILY one of the best threads on NT. Let's keep it coming with new stuff, info and insight. Thanks!
happy.gif

For you guys wondering about keeping your pants over your cleats, you can do what I did and order some Southland baseball pants without elastic in the bottomand a 38" inseam and they will just lay over your cleats.
33jh8jm.jpg

I have my baseball pants custom made. all you have to do is have them made longer so they don't run up on you...

capt.2b2c7d67c18e4ee8855bcc24c77fa4fc.cardinals_astros_baseball_txbl105.jpg

2008 MVP. Road colorway. But we lost to the Giants.
tired.gif

5cc9cb73f70a7dc1b81ef54f4291b517-getty-80322988bl006_st_louis_card.jpg

Turfs
pimp.gif

0c18bf0020da8a60a0bb4bc15cdb9f2f-getty-80323025ds015_red_sox_jays.jpg

Wells home PE
capt.fd39b3a4de5a466993891a614759e686.red_sox_blue_jays_baseball_ajw108.jpg

capt.416b7f97a3864901bc092ce7b6ad0522.marlins_nationals_baseball_nat106.jpg

capt.9430d5f4d0c949879fd1200ba457c520.marlins_nationals_baseball_nat107.jpg

The Ugg Man ( I know I know
laugh.gif
)
a505a5dab2d858f6ff224deae22257ac-getty-80324361jm002_seattle_marin.jpg

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by Pipes20

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by MPowers16

BTW, Reyes is smooth! Easton gloves or not, he "Gets It"

smh.gif
ew a Uniwatch reference

I like reading about the intricacies of uniforms (when they aren't complaining about teams not "getting it" or
smh.gif
"logo creep" ) but the comments left by some of the readers (who seem to have varying social disorders, but that's another tangent for another day) are so asinine that they make me feel like I've just taken years off my lifespan...
I never paid attention to cleats before while I watched baseball games but this thread has now made me keep my eyes peeled for them. At least I can recognize a 5 Tool PE when I watch TV now
roll.gif

lol...well said. Im so sick of everyone on UW *****ing about logo creep. And anytime I actually look through the comments (which is very rare, usually Im looking for something specific) I get a headache really quickly

I'm glad I'm not the only one. There was a point I stopped reading the site entirely but a new MLB season piqued my interest.

I seldom read the comments unless I want to get into a bad mood voluntarily...

I agree, some of the posters on UW act as if they've been in their mothers' basements for a few years surviving on Doritos and cans of Jolt, butthe information that can be gleaned from that site is incredible.

Just like anything else on the web, your grain-of-salt filter has to be on a pretty high setting.

Some of the topics become trite, but remember, it is no different than this site...If you don't like a thread/post, simply bypass it!

Nonetheless, I was introduced to UW because of a similar thread to this last Fall concerning Todd Helton's Mizuno/Nike Clipper cleats!

Back to cleats. I thought the spikes versus metal question was an interesting one that noone really touched upon.

BTW, those 2K4's that Reyes is wearing are the nicest that I have ever seen. This time I will rephrase my statement, "Reyes is the truth! Heunderstands the finer details of how to look in the sports spotlight!"

Originally Posted by jasonshortstop24

Ive tried forever to keep my pants over my cleats like these guys, anyone know how in the world they do it.
baseballexp.com - sells a Rawlings Pro Flare Solid Pants or Piped.

swingmanike, markyd33psu, JayZ2001....PM me your address' and PM me who your favorite teams are and I will try to hook it up as much as I can with matchingthat.

Thanks to everyone for indulging me with finding these pictures.

By the way, did anyone ever figure out what those Yabu shoes were the other day?

Thanks kweimer1. By the way do any of your players wear the VRS II gloves. I used to rock nike gloves all day but taking tons of swings they were murder on myhands, plus I had a few of them tear on me. A friend told me about the VRS II gloves and I have been using them ever since.

Hey everyone I found a better shot of Craig Monroe wearing Gary Sheffield's SG3 line. It looks like the shoes are customized for him. His name and numberare on the shoes. I will be on the look out for more information on SG3.

Originally Posted by shoeguy0427

Hey everyone I found a better shot of Craig Monroe wearing Gary Sheffield's SG3 line. It looks like the shoes are customized for him. His name and number are on the shoes. I will be on the look out for more information on SG3.

Thanks for the pics...Those are absolutely hideous...

Originally Posted by Formerly Scarface81

Hey everyone I found a better shot of Craig Monroe wearing Gary Sheffield's SG3 line. It looks like the shoes are customized for him. His name and number are on the shoes. I will be on the look out for more information on SG3.

Thanks for the pics...Those are absolutely hideous...

CLEATS ARE HIDEOUS.THEY LOOK LIKE A UNDER ARMOUR DESIGN. AND IT LOOKS LIKE HE PULLED THE BOTTOM OF HIS PANTS UP TO HIS THIGHS(IN SIDE OUT)

Originally Posted by UGcatcher2

where did u get those black and navy huaraches mksmks? my team is navy and i would love to have a pair of those

got em 2 years ago at D!cks i tried to get another pair but can only find like sz 13

I really dont like the location of the logo. This is the growing trend in cleats now because of the growing pants trend. I noticed it last year thatcompanies have been moving their logo to this spot so it can be seen when a player has his pants all the way down. I think it looks terrible.

97028002_z.jpg

P10805764.jpg

174595BW

Back
Top Bottom