** MLB Feet - 2008 Baseball Cleats (Pics) **

First I don't know about you guys but I really like what I have seen so far (design wise not color schemes) of the SG3 line.

Couple of Questions for the Easton Guys. None cleat related.

What are the batting gloves Kemp is wearing? are they prototypes or are they going to be released? Any dates?

0a0a375b942b328aaefafae42227bcc9-getty-80086334gn016_dodgers_v_pad.jpg

Also just noticed in a magazine Orlando Cabrera is sporting a SSK glove instead of a Easton. Any words on that, the board wants to know.

For other news:

Scanned picture of CC's trainers. One of the best trainers i've seen. Wrights a close second with his 2k5s

i always thought these easton batting gloves were nice
ventair.jpg

n for some reason no one in the world has the spheres in white/black
if anyone does could u contact me?
gb0170_lge.jpg

**the white ones**

I've never seen those black/white sphere gloves. If you find a place that has them, let me know.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by swingmanike

First I don't know about you guys but I really like what I have seen so far (design wise not color schemes) of the SG3 line.

Couple of Questions for the Easton Guys. None cleat related.

What are the batting gloves Kemp is wearing? are they prototypes or are they going to be released? Any dates?

0a0a375b942b328aaefafae42227bcc9-getty-80086334gn016_dodgers_v_pad.jpg

Also just noticed in a magazine Orlando Cabrera is sporting a SSK glove instead of a Easton. Any words on that, the board wants to know.

For other news:

Scanned picture of CC's trainers. One of the best trainers i've seen. Wrights a close second with his 2k5s

Kemp is wearing the new Stealth II's....they will be coming out in the next month or so. Remind me next week and I will post pictures of what they looklike.

Castillo used a SSK that was sitting around a couple of times during Spring Training when they couldnt find his gamer in the clubhouse.

Originally Posted by swingmanike

Those white and black was never released. At the pro level David Wright had a pair and Aj pierzynski.

Blah, that's too bad. I need another pair of spheres. I like them better than the Nike gloves for this year.
ohwell.gif

Thanks for the response kweimer1 I will definitly remind you. Seems like next month are some big releases for Easton. Can't wait to see what is in store.So far I've seen the new line of gloves (released a while back) and some really impressive bags.

Anyways Cabrera has one of the meanest gloves out on the field.

Originally Posted by DuBZeRo21

swingmanike wrote:

Those white and black was never released. At the pro level David Wright had a pair and Aj pierzynski.

Blah, that's too bad. I need another pair of spheres. I like them better than the Nike gloves for this year.
ohwell.gif

By no means are this years bad, but I give the spheres the edge.

Originally Posted by MPowers16

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Originally Posted by kweimer1

By the way, did anyone ever figure out what those Yabu shoes were the other day?

He's worn those same cleats since at least 2002, and whoever makes them (presumably a Japanese company) also makes gloves, batting gloves, and apparel. Aside from that, I can't figure out what the company is. Here's the best shot of the logo that I could find:

That's from Yabu's days with the A's. He wore the exact same cleat model back then as well but just in white and green with that logo on the tongue. Here's another pic from Yabu with the Hanshin Tigers:

That photo is from 2002 (and he was wearing the same cleats back then), and while there's a different label on the glove, you can't make out anything but the logo. And here's the batting gloves and jersey:

None of the equipment seems to have any other text or logos on it (aside from his glove, which just says "YABU" in red embroidery). Anyone else want to give it a try?

(If not, I'll see if I can get in touch with Jeremy Brahm... some of you may know who I'm talking about.)
Supposedly the company is called Descente.

Here is their baseball catalogue. Interesting historical Note: In 1977, the Pittsburgh Pirates chose them to be their uniform supplier!

The 1984 USA basketball team wore that brand as well
243_JordanOly1984Signature.jpg

001308632.jpg

001301189.jpg

Originally Posted by Nike God

Originally Posted by MPowers16

Originally Posted by markyd33psu

Originally Posted by kweimer1

By the way, did anyone ever figure out what those Yabu shoes were the other day?

He's worn those same cleats since at least 2002, and whoever makes them (presumably a Japanese company) also makes gloves, batting gloves, and apparel. Aside from that, I can't figure out what the company is. Here's the best shot of the logo that I could find:

That's from Yabu's days with the A's. He wore the exact same cleat model back then as well but just in white and green with that logo on the tongue. Here's another pic from Yabu with the Hanshin Tigers:

That photo is from 2002 (and he was wearing the same cleats back then), and while there's a different label on the glove, you can't make out anything but the logo. And here's the batting gloves and jersey:

None of the equipment seems to have any other text or logos on it (aside from his glove, which just says "YABU" in red embroidery). Anyone else want to give it a try?

(If not, I'll see if I can get in touch with Jeremy Brahm... some of you may know who I'm talking about.)
Supposedly the company is called Descente.

Here is their baseball catalogue. Interesting historical Note: In 1977, the Pittsburgh Pirates chose them to be their uniform supplier!

The 1984 USA basketball team wore that brand as well
243_JordanOly1984Signature.jpg

001308632.jpg

001301189.jpg
so that brand is really international and well know as a uniform company mostly

kweimer - I just received my gloves tonight so I just wanted to say thank you. Im very impressive with the quality of them, very comfortable. Just ofcuriousity, how many pairs of batting gloves do pro guys go through? When I was a kid, I got to spend some time in the yankee clubhouse and I rememberMattingly had a huge box filled with hundreds of game used franklins. Needless to say, I swiped a pair and still have them.

Originally Posted by Pipes20

kweimer - I just received my gloves tonight so I just wanted to say thank you. Im very impressive with the quality of them, very comfortable. Just of curiousity, how many pairs of batting gloves do pro guys go through? When I was a kid, I got to spend some time in the yankee clubhouse and I remember Mattingly had a huge box filled with hundreds of game used franklins. Needless to say, I swiped a pair and still have them.
Depends on the guy...some go through a pair a game...some a pair a week...some a pair a month. Obviously guys who play everyday go through more butthen you have to look at where they play. When Gonzo was in Los Angeles last year it was probably a pair every week or two...in Florida this year where it ismuch more humid it is a pair or two a game.

I dont think the Abreu shoes are Verdero's....if you look at the logo on the tongue and on the side it almost looks like a P where the Verdero logo is more"O" shaped. I dont even know who is still wearing Verdero anymore....not a fan of Abreu's shoes. I am definitely biased but I thought thesewere great...
b5436abc23b5af9083c658be8d33196c4d75e742.pjpg

f5826802f6a248f05df8001bd48032ab6dd1e8b7.pjpg

These were really the first ones that scarface and I started messing around with patent and chrome finishes...still have one of these on my desk and they aresweet

d91e377b-26cf-42e4-bfeb-b368d0d5ac52.jpg

99b0ac77-094e-49b5-a89c-4933015a25a0.jpg

j giambi's rbk

3cf72b7b-dc21-4947-afcd-d61ee91a9e16.jpg

f corderos rbk

e276958b-b810-429b-90b1-1d4ebe5fcd4c.jpg

mark reynolds 2k5?

afa29a5f-862e-46b2-a382-4d0c160f156d.jpg

i think these are the best ua cleats ive seen
time hudson

060fe697-f2ef-494c-bd32-9eda10fa998f.jpg

208b1092-0a36-4b1c-a1be-876ce58a9e15.jpg

b5a308db-6296-4acb-8298-93acdc10934f.jpg

mark texiera

0042add4-9097-4a08-a4ac-b0d7b213dada.jpg

hollidays like the color way

58e7d6f8-9c71-4029-ac08-af8de8d560bc.jpg

ramon hernandez ua

4ce87617-2491-4b53-b58c-ac266c5f1713.jpg

melvin mora's ua

f622e919-7155-4720-a743-b06191cff89f.jpg

oh so sweet beltre's

28a3a80e-220f-409d-aa87-183c60bce6b1.jpg

crawfords are nice too

c94a6795-4552-4f0c-a180-382a18bfd5d8.jpg

flying dustin in the eastons, right?

97f38b0a-cd04-4456-9680-5e1bb2eec203.jpg

carlos lee nice colorway

^ Nice pics... but a lot of them have already been posted.

Co-sign on the new UA cleats though... that model that Tim Hudson, Melvin Mora, Kevin Millar and others have been wearing is the best UA design yet. I'mstill not crazy about them, but it's nice to see that UA's getting better and hopefully more competitive.

Back
Top Bottom