***MLB Feet and Equipment 2014***NEW THREAD

Laces are from
eBay just search the colors you want like blue white or black red you should find something

Hey guys, so this year I decided to try something new with my cleats. I found a paint called plasti dip which is a peelable rubber coating that is pretty darn durable. I thought I would use it to customize my cleats beyond what nikeid can do, and for a much cheaper price. For my home cleats I started out with a pair of Air Max MVP Elite 3/4 in Royal like these:
View media item 778336
I really like Mike trouts home PE MVP Elites because they feature a colorized toe which is not available on ID or retail and no other players to my knowledge have it. So, I chose to model my home cleats after these: 
View media item 778337
View media item 778338
I chose to use blue rather than black because my High School team's colors are royal blue, scarlet red, and white. I also took some inspiration from the fade in Elvis Andrus and Ian Kinsler's cleats: 
View media item 778339
View media item 778340
I also drew inspiration from the two tone laces seen on many new nike cleats that are issued to pros and some that are retail like these:
View media item 778341View media item 778342
View media item 778343

After painting and getting all the lines on the shoe as clean as possible I have come up with this:
View media item 778344
The only possible thing left to do is the swoosh. My trusted gear advisor has recommended just the plain white swoosh or maybe a fade swoosh. However I also think a solid red swoosh with outline, chrome red swoosh with outline, or chrome silver swoosh would look good. I would achieve these chrome swooshes using a piece of a chrome colored fishing lure tape. I mocked up some real rough images of what these swoosh options would look like, and I would love to hear what you guys think would look best:
View media item 778345    View media item 778346

View media item 778347    View media item 778348

View media item 778349

Thanks for reading this extensive and wordy post and I appreciate any input guys.
Could you post some pics or links to what and where you got the paint?

I got the paint on eBay but websites like dipyourcar.com have the full spectrum of plasti-dip colors and finishes. Home Depot also usually has black and white and has recently had grey and red as well.

That Cargo glove is insane, he has the sickest Nike PE gear I feel, him and Adam Jones.

Seriously .. Nice job man. I would go with blue or white laces but that's me being conservative. How did you do the fade on the sole?

Seriously .. Nice job man. I would go with blue or white laces but that's me being conservative. How did you do the fade on the sole?
I just gradually painted the midsole and painted more heavily on the solid side and kind of gave faster sweeping strokes to fade it out

The only possible thing left to do is the swoosh. My trusted gear advisor has recommended just the plain white swoosh or maybe a fade swoosh. However I also think a solid red swoosh with outline, chrome red swoosh with outline, or chrome silver swoosh would look good. I would achieve these chrome swooshes using a piece of a chrome colored fishing lure tape. I mocked up some real rough images of what these swoosh options would look like, and I would love to hear what you guys think would look best:
Either red to white fade or leave it white.

Hey on those customs could you PM me links to where you got the paint? I want to get a gray toe box on a pair of all red ones here. Thanks!

Would I be able to use that paint on the white part of the XII's? Feel like they would look cool as a road black/gray version hmm....

Last edited:
The white part of the 12's is patent leather, which is tougher to paint. I would suggest watching this video.

I know most of my guys (that weren't Bryce Harper or Zach Walters) were New Balance guys (NB will throw some money at non-super prospects). I know Corey Brown, Tyler Moore, Koyie Hill, and Brett Carroll were all New Balance guys. They have a long sleeve like the Pro Combat and they liked their spikes. I could see someone like that making a push to take over baseball (or someone like that). A 3rd tier group deciding they were going to plant their flag in the baseball market. Nike, if you are looking for some inside intel, I am your man (lol).

Lannan was Nike sponsored and his set up was sick. Essentially $X.XX to spend however he wants in the Nike Store. He even ordered me some Nike Frees as a gift. He was stacked with Nike stuff (and it's not like he is Kershaw).
Which Nat has the freshest gear in your opinion? I know Harper, Zim, LaRoche, Ramos, and Rendon are UA guys. Gio is Jordan and Werth is Adidas.

How was Espinosa's deal? He seemed to always have a clean look on the diamond, even though he sucked last year :lol:

Which Nat has the freshest gear in your opinion? I know Harper, Zim, LaRoche, Ramos, and Rendon are UA guys. Gio is Jordan and Werth is Adidas.

How was Espinosa's deal? He seemed to always have a clean look on the diamond, even though he sucked last year
laugh.gif
Of the guys I had any interaction with, Gio is the only one who seemed to care about gear much. Harper had so much stuff but never really seemed to be interested in it.

^, Yeah considering he posted a pic on his instagram wearing shorts with a big Nike Swoosh on it, then realized the mistake and reposted another pic with him wearing UA shorts and a hoodie, he definitely doesn't really care all that much.

Back
Top Bottom