MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

I like eei because most of the guys there are jackasses, admit they, and are reletevly funny. Its usally a fun listen, but my god are most callers the lovechild of william hung and billy bob from slingblade, or is it just me

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Knapp needs to build his arm strength. Carsacco can look unhittable for 6 innings but then he has the
sick.gif
inning , if he works on that he could be a good ml pitcher.

edit: Francisco is prolly gonna take vics spot
He won't because he can't, there is like a 50/50 chance he passes the physical.
laugh.gif

I banned myself from posting Ken Rosenthal links, but
nerd.gif

If this can be done for minor leaguers, it will be done.

I still can't believe the Pirates traded Jack Wilson, his defensive skills were pure filthy. The Mariners upgraded at SS for sure.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

I still can't believe the Pirates traded Jack Wilson, his defensive skills were pure filthy. The Mariners upgraded at SS for sure.
Did they? Jack can't hit and the mariners need hitting, they already have one of the best defenses in baseball. So they gave up a lot of theirpitching depth and a left handed power bat for Jack Wilson?

sick.gif

I have a feeling that if a Doc trade does go down it will be right at the deadline. I think the Jays are going to wait till everything is on the table and thentake the best trade. They are playing this fairly well and no1 is calling their bluff. People just keep throwing better deals at them when everyone knows Docis going to be FA in a year and a half. There is no mystery behind that, he is gone when that comes up and it is in the Jays best interest to deal him nowrather than hold him and risk getting nothing.

All signs are pointing towards the Red Sox, Yankees, and Dodgers since the Phillies got Lee. But I also think if the Phillies wanted to they could still offerwhat the Jays want. So we'll see the next 24 hours should be fairly interesting.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

So they gave up a lot of their pitching depth and a left handed power bat for Jack Wilson?

sick.gif

In the deal, the Mariners traded Clement, who was playing for Triple-A Tacoma, shortstop Ronny Cedeno and Minor League right-handers Nathan Adcock, BrettLorin and Aaron Pribanic.
Clement, 25, was hitting .288 with Triple-A Tacoma this season. In parts of two Major League seasons in Seattle, he hit .237 (52-for-219) with 11 doubles, one triple and seven home runs. He didn't live up to his expectations when the Mariners took him with the third overall pick in 2005.
Adcock was 5-7, 5.29 in 21 games (19 starts) with High Desert in the California League this season. Lorin (5-4, 2.44 in 16 games) and Pribanic (7-6, 3.21 in 17 games) were both pitching with Clinton in the Midwest League.
Brett Lorin and Aaron Pibanic are merely prospects and are crapshots. Who is the power hitter the Mariners gave up you speak of?

I mean... Really, Seattle didn't give up much... They've got depth behind Clement and there are PLENTY of questions about whether or not he can playANYWHERE defensively...

I just don't understand why they're buying and not selling... And if they are gonna buy, why go out and get another guy that can't hit?

- SI's Jon Heyman tells us the Marlins are "in serious talks with the Padres for Heath Bell." Heyman says it looks like it could be Andrew Milleror Sean West. Either young lefty seems like a solid return for the Padres' closer.

- Indians catcher/first baseman Victor Martinez stands as one of the bigger names remaining on the trade market. The 30 year-old, who is under control through2010 with an affordable option, is hitting .284/.368/.464 in 435 plate appearances this season. The option jumps to $7.5MM if he's traded, plus up to $1MMin incentives.

We've seen the Red Sox and Rays linked to V-Mart, though Joe Smith and Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times doubt the Rays' desire to add Martinezwithout Cliff Lee. Sean McAdam of the Boston Herald says the Red Sox already rejected a "one-for-one proposal that would have sent Clay Buchholz toCleveland for Martinez."

Meanwhile, Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports say "other, unidentified teams are believed to be interested in Martinez as well.

Not sure how I feel about the Sanchez trade yet. It will take two years to see the overall impact of this trade IMO. Alderson is nice but if the Giants canget two great years out of Sanchez and make it to the playoffs both years it was worth it for a back of the rotation guy.

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Not sure how I feel about the Sanchez trade yet. It will take two years to see the overall impact of this trade IMO. Alderson is nice but if the Giants can get two great years out of Sanchez and make it to the playoffs both years it was worth it for a back of the rotation guy.
You should feel bad, you got robbed, you got an very slightly above average 2B A level blue chip prospect.

[h4]Source: Dodgers offer could tempt Jays - 1:52 p.m.[/h4]
One source with knowledge of the Blue Jays' thinking predicted that the Dodgers could "catch their attention" with an offer that included third baseman Josh Bell, shortstop Devaris Gordon and hard-throwing pitching prospects from among the group of Josh Lindblom, Ethan Martin and Nathan Eovaldi.

Bell, 22, and Gordon, 21, are considered premium everyday players - at positions where the Blue Jays don't have clear starters for the future.

Justin Jackson, Toronto's No. 4 prospect entering the season according to Baseball America, may not be the future everyday shortstop that he once appeared to be. He is hitting .213 with no home runs in 78 games at high Class A Dunedin and is currently on the disabled list.

While the Dodgers would hate to part with Bell or Gordon, they have depth at both positions: Blake DeWitt, who has already played in the majors, and Pedro Baez, who appeared in this year's Futures Game, at third; and Ivan DeJesus Jr. at shortstop.

12:59pm: A Rosenthal/Morosi source with knowledge of the Jays' thinking discusses a package of Dodgers minor leaguers that could catch Toronto's attention in a Halladay deal.

12:21pm: Joe McDonald of the Providence Journal sees the Dodgers in the lead for Halladay, with the Rangers in the mix and talks with Boston calming down.

Not sure how I feel about the Sanchez trade yet. It will take two years to see the overall impact of this trade IMO. Alderson is nice but if the Giants can get two great years out of Sanchez and make it to the playoffs both years it was worth it for a back of the rotation guy.
You should feel bad, you got robbed, you got an very slightly above average 2B A level blue chip prospect.
Honestly 2nd base has been a hole ever since Durham left and from what I've been reading up Alderson has really regressed which is why I sayit will take two years to see the impact of this trade because of Sanchez hits .318 like he was before his injury this year and the Giants make the playoffsthe next two years and Alderson doesn't pan out obviously it would be a great trade or it could be the opposite worse case scenario.

Keith Law exercept. Not the only person I have heard say this recently. I've personally never seen him pitch so I couldn't vouge for how true thisis.

"In exchange, the Pirates get former first-round pick Tim Alderson, a right-hander whose stuff has slipped since the Giants took him out of HorizonHigh School in Scottsdale, Ariz. Alderson, pitching in AA at age 20 this year, has plus command and a feel for pitching but has lost some velocity on both hisfastball and breaking ball this year. His fastball is at 87-90 mph, while he'd been 90-92 or even 90-94 in the past, and his curve, once an above-averagepitch with tight rotation, is slower and less tight in the mid- to upper-70s, although it still has good depth.

He rarely threw a changeup as an amateur, but it's now a usable pitch for him and he's been just as effective against left-handed hitters as he hasagainst right-handed hitters (with just two points of OPS separating his splits vs. lefties and righties). He still has a rough delivery and lands on a verystiff front leg, but commands all his pitches well despite the extra ffort. At 6-foot-6, 217 pounds, he has room to fill out and recover the velocity he showedin high school, and his command and feel should help his stuff play up, but right now none of his pitches grades out as above average, and he projects as justa fourth or fifth starter in the majors.

Six months or a year ago this would have seemed like an insanely high price to pay for a year and a half of Freddy Sanchez, but the slippage inAlderson's stuff since he signed has pushed him down the Giants' prospect depth chart and it's not an unreasonable trade."

i dont know why people say this. Sanchez is a proven player. Alderson is only a prospect at this time. He could end up being horrible. Risks likethis are always done in baseball.

Proven himself to be an slightly above average second baseman, you overpaid simple.

laugh.gif

He's are 4/5 best pitching prospect. To get a little you have to give a little. Bottom line he's better than what we had to I'm fine with the move.

Originally Posted by LB510

Proven himself to be an slightly above average second baseman, you overpaid simple.

laugh.gif

He's are 4/5 best pitching prospect. To get a little you have to give a little. Bottom line he's better than what we had to I'm fine with the move.
Who told you that?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom