MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

please tell me that's not what's happening right now
no

thats been happening the last 3 weeks
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

RT @Dejan_Kovacevic: Sanchez traded to Giants for Tim Alderson, Class AA pitcher
roll.gif
No gad damn way...

Pittsburgh just TOTALLY redeemed themselves... Alderson is a STUD.
Was, was a stud. Pittsburgh will change his mechanics and screw him up the way they do to every pitcher.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Alderson for Sanchez...as a Padres fan
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
As a Padres fan your input is irrelevant to the world of baseball at this time.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
@ the last place team wanting to chim in
roll.gif

If it wern't for Adrian Gonzalez no one would no your team existed... go back in to Hibernation

@ (39 - 62) You should not be replying with "
pimp.gif
" he was our 5/6best pitcher so your hands are still full.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

RT @Dejan_Kovacevic: Sanchez traded to Giants for Tim Alderson, Class AA pitcher
roll.gif
No gad damn way...

Pittsburgh just TOTALLY redeemed themselves... Alderson is a STUD.
Was, was a stud. Pittsburgh will change his mechanics and screw him up the way they do to every pitcher.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
so true...but here's hoping anyways.

The Pirates brought in a good haul considering their track record.

Alderson has a quicker line to the bigs now. As good as he is I didn't see him getting a spot in the Giants rotation for a few years. Best of luck to him.

Besides McCutchen, do the Pirates have anyone on their roster that someone has heard of??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Besides McCutchen, do the Pirates have anyone on their roster that someone has heard of??
laugh.gif
Lastings Milledge is expected to be called-up. Milledge + McCutchen =
pimp.gif

in light of the fire sale, Pirates fans should be excited that the Milledge & McCutchen era is about to begin.

The Indians did not get "robbed", Carassco is nice starter, think Ricky Romero with a better fastball, Jason Donald is an everyday player, JasonKnapp is a highly rated prospect but he will never be healthy, him and Adam Miller can get matching slings for there future labrum tears.

The Giants got robbed.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

DeadsetAce at niketalk.com reports that the Boston Red Sox are trying to move shakier than Michael J. Fox closer Jonathan Papelbon.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

The Indians did not get "robbed", Carassco is nice starter, think Ricky Romero with a better fastball, Jason Donald is an everyday player, Jason Knapp is a highly rated prospect but he will never be healthy, him and Adam Miller can get matching slings for there future labrum tears.

The Giants got robbed.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The reason the people say the Indians got robbed is because the Phils didn't have to include JA Happ or Kyle Drabek. If they would havereceived one of them, no one would be crying "robbery". In that deal, I only see Carassco and maybe Donald panning out.

The Giants did indeed get robbed. They were the clear front runner for Sanchez, and it was no secret that the Pirates wanted to dump Sanchez' salarybefore the deadline. Getting Tim Alderson was a nice move by the Pirates.

That being said, the Giants got off to a bad start after the All Star break, and their second base situation was really bad, and they addressed it. They paida high price, but they addressed one of their holes. They didn't address their need for a power bat, I thought they were going to make a run at Adam Dunn.

The reason the Indians got robbed is because two of the players they acquired are going to be blocked.

Future catcher: Carlos Santana, not Lou Marson.

Future middle infield: Asdrubal Cabrera and Luis Valbuena, not one of them and Jason Donald.

[h1]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/07/nats-expect-to-be-quiet-will-consider-deals.html[/h1]
[h1]Nats Expect To Be Quiet; Will Consider Deals[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 29, 2009 at 3:55pm CST]

The Nats will likely consider dealing Joe Beimel, Willie Harris and Nick Johnson within the next two days, but Chico Harlan of the Washington Post says the team has incentive to keep Adam Dunn and hot-hitting Josh Willingham. Harlan hears that the Nats are asking a lot for either slugger and would happily keep both.

The market for Nick Johnson has worsened now that the Red Sox and Giants added first basemen. Earlier in the month, GM Mike Rizzo said he didn't anticipate a particularly active trade deadline.

if Josh Willingham, Adam Dunn, and Nick Johnson are all still members of the Washington Nationals after the trade deadline, i will be very angry.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

The Indians did not get "robbed", Carassco is nice starter, think Ricky Romero with a better fastball, Jason Donald is an everyday player, Jason Knapp is a highly rated prospect but he will never be healthy, him and Adam Miller can get matching slings for there future labrum tears.

The Giants got robbed.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The reason the people say the Indians got robbed is because the Phils didn't have to include JA Happ or Kyle Drabek. If they would have received one of them, no one would be crying "robbery". In that deal, I only see Carassco and maybe Donald panning out.

The Giants did indeed get robbed. They were the clear front runner for Sanchez, and it was no secret that the Pirates wanted to dump Sanchez' salary before the deadline. Getting Tim Alderson was a nice move by the Pirates.

That being said, the Giants got off to a bad start after the All Star break, and their second base situation was really bad, and they addressed it. They paid a high price, but they addressed one of their holes. They didn't address their need for a power bat, I thought they were going to make a run at Adam Dunn.
JA Happ isn't good so that's irrelevant, plus Carassco is better.

Plus would you really give up an A prospect for Lee? I wouldn't.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

red sox fans
i hate the fact that smart, semi-rational fans like me always get grouped in the idiots that call weei and think they can trade penny and green strait up for Doc
eyes.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

sometimes it funny, but i cant listen to WEEI when im driving. Ill crash my car i get so heated
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

red sox fans
i hate the fact that smart, semi-rational fans like me always get grouped in the idiots that call weei and think they can trade penny and green strait up for Doc
eyes.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

sometimes it funny, but i cant listen to WEEI when im driving. Ill crash my car i get so heated
laugh.gif

the guys on late afternoons are ridiculous. bunch of pompous jackasses. they think they know all and anything they say is the law. and then thecallers...all in all
sick.gif

dale and holly are tight tho...and they actually give some love to the bruins
pimp.gif

Knapp needs to build his arm strength. Carsacco can look unhittable for 6 innings but then he has the
sick.gif
inning , if he works on that he could be a good ml pitcher.

edit: Francisco is prolly gonna take vics spot

Back
Top Bottom