MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

Fact or fiction:

The Mets should go after Victor Martinez?

Think about it, he's battign .285 with 15 hrs and I'm not sure how many RBIs.

He's a catcher and can play firstbase. Murph is probably best suited playing 4 days a week. Santos is best suited playing 2-3 times a week. Bringing inVictor Martinez would make our lineup stronger, add pop and relieve some pressure from Murphy and Santos.

If we can get Martinez without giving up Niese, Parnell or Martinez I'd do it in a heartbeat. He's only 30 years old and he's already capable ofplaying firstbase.

The Wild Card is not out of the question as we've seen from this series with the Rockies. Add into the fact that Reyes should be coming back in a week ortwo, Beltran could be back by mid August, and Wagner is close to coming back.

Adding Victor Martinez would lighten the offensive load until Reyes and Beltran come back, and once they're back we can make a legit push for the WildCard.

I'd have no problem parting with Holt, Meija and maybe somebody else.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

You're not getting Martinez without giving up at LEAST one of the Neise/Parnell/Martinez trio. Holt/Meija and any combination of Flores or Marte or Havens won't get you Victor. You guys do need a catcher though because there's no one in your farm system anywhere near ready.

Now that I think about it, Mez is right...may not need a blue chipper to get Victor. I'm on the fence about that though. Like to hear what KLJ thinks.

Originally Posted by chr1scross

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

On a related note, Russ Ortiz started the game for the Astros, and he was also involved in a transaction immediately following the game - he got cut.
laugh.gif

that %$$$+++ sucks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
bout time
23mr2i0.jpg

i would rather have some younger guys like Bud Norris go out and pitch than have ortiz go out there and suck

Rumor has been that the Indians have been pretty set on trading Martinez. I'm not as knowledgeable as Osh Kosh Bosh, but wouldn't that start to bringhis trade value down as the deadline draws near? In the sense that they might maybe get a little more desperate and take a little less in return? Maybe anIndians fan can weigh in.

High-ranking Jays official on reports of Rangers going hard after Halladay: "Nothing to them."
After watching what Holland is doing to the Mariners that is unfortunate.

He still needs to throw his breaking stuff more.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I don't believe anything coming out of Toronto right now...
Now your learning.
laugh.gif

JP is a liar, every time he says something I just laugh and nod.
roll.gif

Rumored trade I heard:

Fish get:
Adrian Gonzalez
Heath Bell

Padres get:
Andrew Miller
Cameron Maybin
Mike Stanton

This trade would be great for the Padres, stupid for Florida imo. Although Miller and Maybin might be a bit overrated as prospects, Stanton is a STUD and willbe an awesome pro.

Heard from where that is quite a haul for the padres.

EDIT: I think I just fell in love...

Hollands command.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That change up to right handers is UNCOOL.
smh.gif

That he just needs to get the slider over for left handers and this dude will be an ace.

I wouldn't want Martinez, Parnell, or Niese. Give me Holt and Mejia.

Or Scott Elbert and Josh Lindblom.

Or Neftali Feliz and Kennil Gomez.
Fish get:
Adrian Gonzalez
Heath Bell

Padres get:
Andrew Miller
Cameron Maybin
Mike Stanton
I kind of like that for both teams.

Hmm, that's interesting.

I'd personally take Martinez over any of them paired with probably Holt.

For what it's worth OKB...

You're probably far more likely to get Neftali Feliz or Justin Smoak than Derek Holland in a package after tonight... From one of the Rangers beat-writerstonight...
9:26: Maybe this is an emotional decision, but based on the reaction of the fans and his teammates and just his flat-out dominant performance, I think there is no way the Rangers can put Holland in a deal for Halladay now. If it costs them Halladay, it costs them Halladay. And if it forces Toronto to hold on to him rather than trade him to Boston or Philadelphia, all the better. This has been an incredible night and one I predict will be revisited a number of times at the end of this season after all the results are in.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

For what it's worth OKB...

You're probably far more likely to get Neftali Feliz or Justin Smoak than Derek Holland in a package after tonight... From one of the Rangers beat-writers tonight...
9:26: Maybe this is an emotional decision, but based on the reaction of the fans and his teammates and just his flat-out dominant performance, I think there is no way the Rangers can put Holland in a deal for Halladay now. If it costs them Halladay, it costs them Halladay. And if it forces Toronto to hold on to him rather than trade him to Boston or Philadelphia, all the better. This has been an incredible night and one I predict will be revisited a number of times at the end of this season after all the results are in.

eyes.gif

laugh.gif

And for what it's worth, Nolan Ryan confirmed they are talking with Toronto about Roy Halladay... Hinted they wouldn't trade Holland, but were open todiscussing just about anybody else...

I really can't see why the Marlins would give up Stanton and Maybin in the same deal for a guy only under control for one more year in Gonzalez.Doesn't seem to make sense.

They'd have him for the second half plus 2 seasons... He's got a club option for 2011...

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

I really can't see why the Marlins would give up Stanton and Maybin in the same deal for a guy only under control for one more year in Gonzalez. Doesn't seem to make sense.

At all...

Back
Top Bottom