MLB Trade Deadline thread - Everybody to LAD; Contreras to COL; Kazmir to ANA; Wagner to BOS.

He's really not that attractive.

A career 5.19 ERA and 1.53 WHIP in the National League (in the worst division in baseball) probably isn't going to bode well in a transition to theAmerican League. And he isn't that young (26).

I feel like he's one of those guys that everybody expects to breakout every season, and it just hasn't, and may never happen.

For a guy that misses a ton of bats, Sanchez is EXTREMELY hittable... Kinda weird...

Olney fleshes his ideas out in today's column, saying that teams like the Mariners and Padres may see less impressive bids for Erik Bedard and Jake Peavy as the perceived value of cheap, young players continues rising. Teams like the Yankees and Red Sox want to keep their young talent, so they don't drive up the prices for players who could be moved. The Padres could simply keep Peavy instead of accepting a second-rate return for him
I have a hard time trying to convince myself that the Padres can pay Peavy what he's owed over the next 3 years.

If the Mariners don't get rid of Bedard because they feel they are getting the shaft then they're crazy. Shouldve traded Washburn last year, but thebastards got lucky because he's having a good year this year.

They straight up need to clean house and stockpile talent for them to develop on the farm.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

A career 5.19 ERA and 1.53 WHIP in the National League (in the worst division in baseball) probably isn't going to bode well in a transition to the American League. And he isn't that young (26).

I feel like he's one of those guys that everybody expects to breakout every season, and it just hasn't, and may never happen.

Sanchez is a good pitcher. He isnt great, but he could help a contender. When he is on, he could definatly rack up 10 or 11 k's. Problem is, he walksway to many batters and gives up the big hits. For Derosa, I don't see the reasoning in that, you have Sandoval at 3rd, who has the potenial to put up20-30 HR's a season in a few years. Then you have Uribe, who has been hot, this deal does not make any sense. Keep Sanchez, and if a better trade presentsitself, then who do the Giants bring up? Bumgarner and Alderson are not ready til next year.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

A career 5.19 ERA and 1.53 WHIP in the National League (in the worst division in baseball) probably isn't going to bode well in a transition to the American League. And he isn't that young (26).

You hit it right on the head. This season was supposed to be his break-out year because of the 'stuff' he displayed last season. Very highstrikeout rate, but can't seem to put it together consistently.

He reminds me of Oliver Perez back when he was with Pittsburgh, very good strikeout batters, but very erratic and very inconsistent.

Mark DeRosa is officially off the block after hitting a slam in the 7th inning of a tied game.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

As stated, I wanted to avoid unsubstantial rumors in this thread. Unfortunately, that's really all that's been discussed over the past few weeks, soit has has suffered.

The most interesting piece of news I've read recently is that Jason Marquis and Ryan Spilborghs were almost traded to the Phillies for J.A. Happ andprospects, but then the Rockies went on an unexplainable run, so they nixed the discussion.

What's going on with your squads on the trade front at this point?

The Indians are still holding fort at the moment. If we don't make a turnaround before the All-Star break in three weeks, I would expect moves to be made.Grady Sizemore returned last night, and Asdrubal Cabrera and Aaron Laffey aren't far off. Here's hoping for a spark.
grin.gif

Hedging my bets that Minnesota stands idle AGAIN....They need to make some moves if they want to go back to the WS.

Looks like the Rangers are out of the trade market, unless somebody will take back either Blalock or Padilla to keep the Rangers from piling on additionalpayroll...
eyes.gif

They don't wanna take on salary, but they don't want to pay the addition premium in prospects to get teams to pick up contract dollars...

They've moved Neftali Feliz to the bullpen at AAA to prep him for a stint in the bullpen with the Rangers, possibly as soon as the ASB...

He's a beast... Not as good with the secondary stuff as Strasburg is... Definitely love the kid though, and I think he's gonna be a real good one...Him and Holland
pimp.gif

^ im kinda pissed we could'nt get sizemore in that deal. cant help but feel like the yanks got fleeced ........

One official with knowledge of the transaction said minor league right-handers Jess Todd and Francisco Samuel are on the list of possibilities. It's not known if other players are on the list agreed upon by the clubs.
If Jess Todd is the PTBNL, this is another A+ deal for Mark Shapiro and the Indians.

Listening to the game earlier, they said that Jocketty offered something for DeRosa...we could really use him. At least we tried...if we continue to hangaround, it'll be interesting to see what we will do. I still want Jermaine Dye...or Holiday.

Any idea what the offer was, Aaron?
nerd.gif

Man, if Jess Todd is this PTBNL, I will be ecstatic. Baseball Cube is very stingy with their ratings, and his Control, K-Rating and Efficiency scores are 90,98 and 100, respectively.
sick.gif

Someone just take Holliday from us. I'm tired of watching this guy play.
smh.gif
He doesn't want to be here, his numbers aren't there, and we suck.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom