Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

Mo’Nique Goes Live During ‘The Breakfast Club’ Interview: Blasts Charlamagne The God (aka Leonard) for DOTD Comments

upload_2018-2-22_22-45-26.png

http://straightfromthea.com/2018/02...god-aka-leonard-for-dotd-comments-full-video/

Mo’Nique has been quiet for a while, but she’s still on a mission to get her point across about the unfair treatment of Black women entertainers and her call to boycott Netflix.

The Academy Award winning actress went live on Periscope as she payed a visit to The Breakfast Club earlier this morning (Feb. 22). Mo’Nique finally got her chance to spar face to face against Charlamagne the God for giving her ‘Donkey of The Day.’

While Charlamagne didn’t back down, Mo’Nique firmly stood her ground and even chose to call him by his government name for the entire interview.

In case you missed it, check out the full video below…

To protect herself from potential editing, Mo’Nique went live and the interview streamed via Periscope earlier this morning.

In the video above, Mo’Nique confronts Charlamagne about being labeled “donkey of the day’ after her call to boycott netflix and he totally refused to retract his statement.

She then goes on to share her take on the issues of women’s equality and then calls the DJ by his legal name, Lenard McKelvey.

…And then you give me a title of Donkey of the Day? … Is your mother still alive? … And you’re from what city in South Carolina? … Moncks Corner, South Carolina.

And if I was to call your mother or your grandmother would they tell me stories of inequality that they had to deal with? … So would your mother be a donkey? Would your grandmother be a donkey?”

Mo’Nique also reads the comments as their coming in and nods in agreement when one of her commenters, refers to Charlamagne Leonard as a “puppet”.

She continues:

What that says is that you don’t know the history of the business that you’re in, and you sit behind this microphone and you try to be the guru of Black culture. I’m gonna need you to know the history of us before you begin to label us. And once you know the history, you know I’m not saying anything unique, brother.

For the record, Angela Ye seemed to emphasize with Mo’Nique but also spills a bit of tea about comments she’s heard from people about Mo’Nique being hard to deal with.

Meanwhile, Mo’Nique’s husband/manager Sidney Hicks was on the line to back up her statements and the pair continued their ongoing discussion about how he requested fans boycott the popular streaming service for offering her $500,000 for a special while offering Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle and Amy Schumer multi-million-dollar deals.

still dont see how people
can try and diss a black woman
who knows her worth
the same folks who dressed up as comic book characters a week ago :smh:

New IG message:

"Hey my loves, the IRS is saying I owe $560K and is putting my personal business out there. Like who is the auditor making this claims so we can discuss this face-to-face. They are not saying I sent them a check for $75.62 just last year. This is ridiculous, I have short changed them for only a few hundred grand, and I tend to short change them some more. They let Wesley Snipes finesse them for 14 million before coming after him. But a big strong black woman gets called out for a messy 560K. This is not right, we need to take a stand as a people. So join me in boycotting the IRS, like I have clearly been doing it for years now........ Also Lee Daniels ain't ****"
honestly im surprised at u for this
u dont think she may be right????
with what she saying

She is inadvertently adding leverage to Tiffany Haddish's potential deal (assuming this has not happened already.)

Then guess what? When they give her an exorbitant pay check, the racial/gender argument goes out the window.

She is inadvertently adding leverage to Tiffany Haddish's potential deal (assuming this has not happened already.)

Then guess what? When they give her an exorbitant pay check, the racial/gender argument goes out the window.
yes that does
but then
it also at the same time would prove
that she was right all along
they wouldn't be able to lowball female black comedians anymore
if they have in fact been doing that

honestly im surprised at u for this
u dont think she may be right????
with what she saying
I am mocking her ridiculous tone, sense of entitlement, and flippant attitude toward people, including and mainly towards black people.

I already said she can has a point about black women being short changed, but that doesn't make her behavior any less ridiculous.

Furthermore, her antics have expanded past just having a generally beef with black actress pay. And has progressed to her acting rude and entitled at anyone she views as not on her side. Not just being sympathetic of agreeing with her position will get you a past with Monique, you seemingly have to worship the ground she walks on for her to be satisfied.

I am mocking her ridiculous tone, sense of entitlement, and flippant attitude toward people, including and mainly towards black people.

I already said she can has a point about black women being short changed, but that doesn't make her behavior any less ridiculous.

Furthermore, her antics have expanded past just having a generally beef with black actress pay. And has progressed to her acting rude and entitled at anyone she views as not on her side. Not just being sympathetic of agreeing with her position will get you a past with Monique, you seemingly have to worship the ground she walks on for her to be satisfied.
i get what ur saying
and how her behavior could be taken that way
but i also notice
at least in these interviews
she's done
no one is ever on her side
they are all trying to refute her claims
and i get that after a while
that may be tiring on u
and may start to act how u say she appears to be acting

At first I though it was low for periscoping during the interview. However the problem is many recent BC interviews have these choppy transitions where they clearly cut parts out.
So I understand the attempt to make sure an "uncut" version is on the net. Was that why she did it? Maybe not. But It's appreciated.

i get what ur saying
and how her behavior could be taken that way
but i also notice
at least in these interviews
she's done
no one is ever on her side
they are all trying to refute her claims
and i get that after a while
that may be tiring on u
and may start to act how u say she appears to be acting
She has agreed to all these interviews famb, she has to know people will ask her questions. Interviews will always challenge your claims when their is evidence to the contrary. She is not entitled for anyone to be on her side. She needs to make her case. And she has a point, yet it has become completely lost because of her hyperbole and buffoonery.

Even when they ask her questions in a respectable way, like "Monique there have been reports of such and such, can you speak on this...", like Yee did. And Monique will get an attitude.

I mean she chastised a host on air for not greeting her properly when she walked into the room.

She is making a fool of herself, and alienating people that would be otherwise sympathetic to her general argument.

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare How is $500K not good money though? Mo'Nique hasn't been relevant since this 'boycott' blew up. Companies like Netflix that stream content thrive on analytics - if Mo'Nique's FIRST special is hugely popular then she can most certainly demand more for subsequent specials.

Netflix also took some Ls with Kevin Spacey and some of their own content hasn't been doing as well as they hoped. Mo's timing could also be bad.

Last edited:
nawghtyhare nawghtyhare How is $500K not good money though? Mo'Nique hasn't been relevant since this 'boycott' blew up. Companies like Netflix that stream content thrive on analytics - if Mo'Nique's FIRST special is hugely popular then she can most certainly demand more for subsequent specials.
im not saying its not
to me it is
but she said
she's worth than that
and who am i
to tell someone else
what theyre worth
even if i do
they are entitled to say
that they are worth more
than my estimate
on them
thats all i mean

^^
Fair enough my bro. I also updated my comment to include the timing about all this.

She has agreed to all these interviews famb, she has to know people will ask her questions. Interviews will always challenge your claims when their is evidence to the contrary. She is not entitled for anyone to be on her side. She needs to make her case. And she has a point, yet it has become completely lost because of her hyperbole and buffoonery.

Even when they ask her questions in a respectable way, like "Monique there have been reports of such and such, can you speak on this...", like Yee did. And Monique will get an attitude.

I mean she chastised a host on air for not greeting her properly when she walked into the room.

She is making a fool of herself, and alienating people that would be otherwise sympathetic to her general argument.

She was on local radio promoting some local stand up and/or her bs stance against Netflix and she sounded like everything you’re saying. The hosts just wanted her off the air at the end of the interview Lol.

IRS will take care of her :lol:

Netflix also took some Ls with Kevin Spacey and some of their own content hasn't been doing as well as they hoped. Mo's timing could also be bad.

broad took 50k for precious and she out here denying 500k. Backwards hustling :lol:

Surprised Showtime or HBO ain't hit her wit that check to **** on Netflix for an hour and a half yet.

Feel like her whining about Nextflix view of her irrelevance gave her relevance.

Last edited:
still dont see how people
can try and diss a black woman
who knows her worth
the same folks who dressed up as comic book characters a week ago :smh:

It's not even about knowing your worth it's about seizing an opportunity that's presented!. Which is exactly what the Netflix deal was.

Her job is to make people laugh that's it!!! If I'm a comedian my interviews gonna be laced with comedy and jokes, not complaining and finger pointing.

Netflix offered her half a million to tell jokes! She couldve used this platform to ether whoever she wanted and made the best material of her life , which then couldve leveraged more opportunities and more money, because it would've been talked about and had great reviews.

Now she on a press run not to promote material but to further impede her future.

If she truly knew her "worth" which was already low and now becoming even lower she would fall back and start apologizing before it's too late if it's not already

Back
Top Bottom