Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

you dont know when you think dedication means a part time commitment

and steal yes is the correct word when oprah gets roles for everything else she has but her talent over real actresses
All you're doing is lying and eveybody knows.

Misusing the words steal and dedication just makes your argument weaker.

Plus your ignorance about acting is glaring.

Please quote me where I said she didn't have to audition...

did i say you or the person that said that?

dont look for an issue where there isnt one

All you're doing is lying and eveybody knows.

Misusing the words steal and dedication just makes your argument weaker.

Plus your ignorance about acting is glaring.

you said oprah got treated like a slave on the set of beloved

did i ask you for proof?

show me the lash marks oprah got in her back from gettin whipped and treated like a slave

steal and dedication mean exactly what i said they did and i proved it

the only ignorance here is your continued crying about me and not realizing that im not lying or fazed

SC kid SC kid change the thread title

like i said before oprah playing herself in fresh prince is acting?

the fact that acting is their full time job determines they are an actress

like how someone on tv who reads the weather is a weather person and someone who predicts the weatherusing doppler and all is a meteorologist

oprah is a weathergirl to actual actors acting's meteorology
Look at you dodging your real actress logical fallacy :lol:

Smarten up
you said oprah got treated like a slave on the set of beloved
Go back and read what I said you ducking liar.

Do not blame your ignorance on anyone else.

Talking all this **** about Oprah as an actress but haven't even bothered to look up the work she's put in to be an actor.

Talking about she neve auditions. Another ******* lie by you.

Its pathetic now.

Just stop lying.

I thought I was the one who made that link between them? Who were you referring to?

i dont know im not going back to look

if it was you it doesnt change anything cuz before you said she didnt have to audition quincy talked to spielberg

so now forget that she did audition?

in a legitimate audition against other actresses?

you found that video where are the actresses she competed against?

or are you only posting things that support your view instead of "facts"?

cuz the "fact" is it sounds like you oochie wallying

i dont know im not going back to look

if it was you it doesnt change anything cuz before you said she didnt have to audition quincy talked to spielberg

so now forget that she did audition?

in a legitimate audition against other actresses?

you found that video where are the actresses she competed against?

or are you only posting things that support your view instead of "facts"?

cuz the "fact" is it sounds like you oochie wallying

Oprah was a host on a local Chicago morning show at the time. Quicny Jones was in Chicago dealing with a lawsuit involving Michael Jackson. He happened upon Oprah's show and thought she'd be a good look physically for the role of Sophia. So he got his people in touch so that she could audition/read for the part if she was interested.

It was a Steven Spielberg movie. The most acclaimed director of all time, who had already delivered Jaws, Close Encounters, ET, Raiders of the Lost Ark among others.

Why would he "gift" a lead role to a virtually unknown TV host? In 1985? Not 2005. Not even 1995. It was 1985. The Oprah WInfrey show didn't even exist. There was no clout there yet.

And yes others obviously auditioned. Audition tapes probably exist, but you'd have to talk to Amblin or Warner Bros. They're not on youtube for OBVIOUS reasons.

Last edited:
Exactly. Dude talking all this mess about "it could have been a role that kickstarted a career for another black actress."

Meanwhile it was actually Oprah, who was pretty unknown at the time, whose career was kickstarted :lol:

Irony.

I've boycotted oprah since i was a child. Call me a heteronormative victim of the evil patriarchy if you will , but GI Joe and go bots always appealed more to me in that time slot than holding hands and sharing tearful moments.
These days i just feel like she was a weinstein enabler

Exactly. Dude talking all this mess about "it could have been a role that kickstarted a career for another black actress."

Meanwhile it was actually Oprah, who was pretty unknown at the time, whose career was kickstarted :lol:

Irony.
Dude has exhausted all outlets to make a point. Literally shut down on every level of argument. No doubt he will still continue.

Oprah was a host on a local Chicago morning show at the time. Quicny Jones was in Chicago dealing with a lawsuit involving Michael Jackson. He happened upon Oprah's show and thought she'd be a good look physically for the role of Sophia. So he got his people in touch so that she could audition/read for the part if she was interested.

It was a Steven Spielberg movie. The most acclaimed director of all time, who had already delivered Jaws, Close Encounters, ET, Raiders of the Lost Ark among others.

Why would he "gift" a lead role to a virtually unknown TV host? In 1985? Not 2005. Not even 1995. It was 1985. The Oprah WInfrey show didn't even exist. There was no clout there yet.

And yes others obviously auditioned. Audition tapes probably exist, but you'd have to talk to Amblin or Warner Bros. They're not on youtube for OBVIOUS reasons.

looking good dont mean you can act a role

and yall talk about me and what i know what do quincy know about movies? is he a casting agent now too? how he know she could play the part

and again im repeating myself but TCP was 30 years ago she had her time

im saying she dont still need to be acting now in 2018

i didnt know being a tv host was so minor

either way it doesnt matter cuz whaterver amount of clout that you thought she had a lot or a little it was enough to get quincy in spielbergs ear right?

its obvious why you can only find hers i mean audition tapes come out all the time

the reason you dont see any for her role is cuz there are none cuz no else auditioned for a role oprah was "gifted"

She should have said no to Spielberg because she made a few thousand at the time.

didnt know that a few thousand was so few

i mean obviously she took that opportunity and went on to pursue acting and thast why she is where she is today right?

i mean if she wasnt in color purple her show wouldnt have happened right?

its not that she grinded in her lane of tv shows and got it done right?

Irony.

kickstarted her acting career right? she went on to to win emmys and oscars right? like full time actors do?

and even still youre still making my point when 30 years later, after shes already "made it", shes still acting and taking roles from people that are in the postion she was in 30 years ago, "virtually unknown" right?

but its oprah so she can do that right?

*****s done hit Oprah with the "shut up and dribble".

Wowzers.

nobody said shut up and dribble

but we talking about her acting, not producing or anything else she can do all of that

im talking about her in front the camera, she has acted, now its time to let it go

be real, if she never acted in anything again yall wouldnt even miss her

yall aint checking for no damn oprah movie

just a bunch of fronters more interested in debating or calling me names than any actual interest yall even have in her

and even if there are fans of her acting, shes not that good to where she MUST be in movies

nobody said shut up and dribble

but we talking about her acting, not producing or anything else she can do all of that

im talking about her in front the camera, she has acted, now its time to let it go

be real, if she never acted in anything again yall wouldnt even miss her

yall aint checking for no damn oprah movie

just a bunch of fronters more interested in debating or calling me names than any actual interest yall even have in her

and even if there are fans of her acting, shes not that good to where she MUST be in movies

Okay so "shut up and direct/produce" is a better example I guess.

I'm not checking for Oprah but I'm not about to sit here and say what she can and can't do. Can you imagine if a white dude said what you're saying about her or another prominent black figure?

DEF8A95B-3482-47D5-9D22-9C96F882DD6E.png

looking good dont mean you can act a role

Hence the audition :lol:

and yall talk about me and what i know what do quincy know about movies? is he a casting agent now too? how he know she could play the part

He produced the god damn movie.

And why are you acting like music and movies don't intersect? Show business is show business.

What does Dominic Chianese know about Opera music?
What does Frank Sinatra know about acting?
What does Ryan Gosling know about the guitar?

Back
Top Bottom