Mo’Nique wants you to boycott Netflix

except when they are right?

the reason its not more is because shes a part timer

Which roles are she stealing and from whom? Like you said she's hardly active. Not really deserving of shade for "stealing all these Oscar roles" like it's a regular or even occasional occurrence.

That’s NOT how the industry works. This isn’t a broadway musical we’re talking about here. Same with commercials, modeling, etc. dude, you have no clue what you’re talking about. Leave it at that

again, of course i can criticize hollywood

but oprah doesnt help the problem does she?

it doesnt matter whether it broadway or else

the way the industry works is actors audition for roles isnt it?

and if it was a broadway play that makes it ok? especially in the theater where the actors are actually trained

Which roles are she stealing and from whom? Like you said she's hardly active. Not really deserving of shade for "stealing all these Oscar roles" like it's a regular or even occasional occurrence.

it doesnt matter how much the fact is that it happens

any role oprah is in could have gone to a better actress that actually acts for a living

and the fact that she is getting older and taking the few parts for older actresses as roles get less the older they are only makes it worse

every role that oprah ever had is stolen

she takes roles from real actresses that act full time, not part time, and actually went to school/theater
why is this the criteria for a "real actress"?
who determines if they are a real actress?

i would think anyone in any real movie or film is a real actress

why is this the criteria for a "real actress"?
who determines if they are a real actress?

i would think anyone in any real movie or film is a real actress

like i said before oprah playing herself in fresh prince is acting?

the fact that acting is their full time job determines they are an actress

like how someone on tv who reads the weather is a weather person and someone who predicts the weatherusing doppler and all is a meteorologist

oprah is a weathergirl to actual actors acting's meteorology

I could watch a dozen movies and tell you dozens of roles in those movies that could have been better for other actors and actresses.

I guess I don't get why Oprah is somehow the whipping boy for this phenomenon.

Nepotism isn't limited to Oprah Winfrey.

Without actual examples of roles she landed, including other actresses that auditioned for same role, this argument is pretty silly and pointless.

I could watch a dozen movies and tell you dozens of roles in those movies that could have been better for other actors and actresses.

I guess I don't get why Oprah is somehow the whipping boy for this phenomenon.

Nepotism isn't limited to Oprah Winfrey.

Without actual examples of roles she landed, including other actresses that auditioned for same role, this argument is pretty silly and pointless.

sure you could, but those actors youre replacing arent part timers are they?

oprah is the whipping boy because in this case she happens to be less talented, less committed, and less needing of the roles than her actual acting counterparts

like a role for oprah isnt going to make her more famous, or achieve anything other than accolades for her ego

but for an actress an oprah role could kickstart a career

its only pointless because yall are arguing for the one person who has everything in the world to have a little more, when people who have less and could do more with the opportunity arent even given the opportunity because these "roles are made" for a part timer

and SC kid SC kid change the thread title because i never said boycott oprah in totality just that she should stop acting, thats not a boycott

Last edited:
What specific roles were given to her because she's Oprah that weren't given to other worthy actresses who auditioned for the same role?

What specific roles were given to her because she's Oprah that weren't given to other worthy actresses who auditioned for the same role?

oprah doesnt audition remember? she's "given" roles or have them "created" for her

real actresses audition

the question really is what role has oprah had to audition for and compete against real actresses?

she cast herself in her show on OWN greenleaf, i assume thats a role could have gone to an actual actress

again, of course i can criticize hollywood

but oprah doesnt help the problem does she?

it doesnt matter whether it broadway or else

the way the industry works is actors audition for roles isnt it?

and if it was a broadway play that makes it ok? especially in the theater where the actors are actually trained
My point is you have no idea how the industry works, THUS you have no grounds for your claim is null and void. You’re literally talking out of your ***. Now, you can quit while you’re behind OR continue

My point is you have no idea how the industry works, THUS you have no grounds for your claim is null and void. You’re literally talking out of your ***. Now, you can quit while you’re behind OR continue

no your point is that oprah is undeservedly taking roles from real actresses but its ok because she oprah

i dont have to have be in hollywood to speak my opinion that she shouldnt be acting

oh yea u the dude who just woke up yesterday what grounds you got to speak on anything?

You would think Oprah is Sam Jackson from reading these comments :lol:

and most of them are supporting roles and she's not even in the movie that much.

How did this go from Monique to Oprah? Oprah isn't the one trying to guilt trip black people in to supporting her. What is Monique doing for the black community? Trying to get Roseanne back on TV?

Everytime Oprah gets cast in a movie, Hand2Hand be like.....

d3fuv3fqh2uy.jpg

You would think Oprah is Sam Jackson from reading these comments :lol:

and most of them are supporting roles when she's not even in the movie that much.

How did this go from Monique to Oprah? Oprah isn't the one trying to guilt trip black people in to supporting her. What is Monique doing for the black community? Trying to get Roseanne back on TV?

exactly my point shes not even in them that much, so would you miss her if it was someone else? who actually acts?

oprahs talent cant make her a leading lady thats why theyre supporting roles she comes in

what movie/role are you watching because its oprah in the role?

it went from monique to oprah cuz dudes want to take a one off comment from over a month ago and turn it into a debate

no your point is that oprah is undeservedly taking roles from real actresses but its ok because she oprah

i dont have to have be in hollywood to speak my opinion that she shouldnt be acting

oh yea u the dude who just woke up yesterday what grounds you got to speak on anything?
Your opinion is against a FACT. You have ZERO clue or say in how things work. How you consistently make yourself look like a complete fool on every topic is sad. You’re wrong. That’s the end of it.

Your opinion is against a FACT. You have ZERO clue or say in how things work. How you consistently make yourself look like a complete fool on every topic is sad. You’re wrong. That’s the end of it.

whats a fact? that oprah is a part timer?

oh now its about what say I have in how things work huh?

whats sad is that you so adamantly defending a woman who wouldnt spit on u if u were on fire

she dont know you even exist, so you have no basis to defend her right? since its all about what we know right?

so whos wrong here? the person who said she didnt have to audition for color purple cuz of quincy/spielberg?

post up the auditions of the other actresses that had to audition

those 30 seconds are probably just a formality to say that she did an audition, not that she was in competition for the role if they already knew they were "giving" it to her

Nah famb

NT is a hobby for me, but you on the other hand are a serious poster, so I would not want to steal any reps from you.

what? you have triple my posts but im the serious poster?

so whos wrong here? the person who said she didnt have to audition for color purple cuz of quincy/spielberg?

post up the auditions of the other actresses that had to audition

those 30 seconds are probably just a formality to say that she did an audition, not that she was in competition for the role if they already knew they were "giving" it to her

Please quote me where I said she didn't have to audition...

Back
Top Bottom