modern men haircuts..

Tried hanz de fuko years ago. My hair is too thick for it. Been messing with Paul Mitchell dry wax.

Guess it depends on your hairstyle. My hair is very thick and claymation is the only product that will keep it in place most of the day. I don't have to use much and just push my hair back with my hands.

Maybe I'll give the claymation a shot, I tried quicksand and scheme cream

I use Gatsby Moving Rubber and Mowell Freeze to style my hair. They leave your hair matte and soft to the touch, which women like a lot more than that greasy and hard trash.

Japanese and Korean products>>>> The most I've evet spent on them is $10, and they work better than the countless $20-40 products I've tried throughout the years (at least for me)

Last edited:
Interested in trying Korean/Japanese products. Looking for strong hold but matte finish

Been using rough rider but the price is getting crazy now $40+

Last edited:
Damn. I would never pay that much for one hair product. That's more expensive than 2 haircuts.

My barber made the jump up to $30 after years of paying $20 & tipping $5. Gave him the "its not you its me" speech and moved on. Currently still paying $30 in SF but the cuts are better. Honestly some dudes need to be paying 30-40 maybe 50 for some cuts because its like yall need a beautician not a barber. Just looked at most of the pic's and i would say 40 for most of them. I get "Urban men haircuts"

Last edited:
letting my hair grow naturally. no trip to thr barbershop unless it's a desperate case. since my hairline doesn't grow too wild i don't stress it.

Been wanting to try that matte pomade suavecito came out with. Their regular pomade worked well with me.

Interested in trying Korean/Japanese products. Looking for strong hold but matte finish

Been using rough rider but the price is getting crazy now $40+

If you find Rough Rider at a licensed salon, its like 25 bucks. A container of Rough Rider literally lasts forever though, I use like 2 pea sized scoops.

For those of you looking for something matte and high in texture, try out O'Douds Matte Paste. I've been having pretty good results with it. Feel free to use my friend's referal link for 20% off.

If you like pomades, the standard pomade washes out easy, and the multipurpose takes a little longer. Plenty of reviews all over youtube for all of their products.

Last edited:

This is the same one I use. Found it when I forgot my Gatsby Moving Rubber the last time I went to Seoul. They both work the same for me; you can find stuff with stiffer hold, but these two will give you that natural look, and like I mentioned before, women can actually run their hands through your hair :pimp: :lol:

Last edited:
yea I been trying to put people on this but they dont listen. i found out about it back when i used to get my hair cut at a korean salon 
laugh.gif

i am interested in that rough rider clay though.. might have to give it a try one day

Last edited:
View media item 2483186
only thing i use [emoji]128526[/emoji] cheap too, 2$ i think

i was inspired by this guy on youtube the nomad barber to have haircuts in different countries, so far ive done it in 5

My brother used to use that gorilla gel. The container graphic is cool.

Last edited:
How often do y'all wash your hair with shampoo/conditioner?

I used to do it everyday (chlorine from swimming), but it destroyed my hair.

Now I just wash my hair with water everyday and shampoo/conditioner once a week. Hair went from spiky/flat to wavy/with volume (natural oils).

PS - That freeze wax works and smells just like Gatsby except in tube form. 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
How often do y'all wash your hair with shampoo/conditioner?

I used to do it everyday (chlorine from swimming), but it destroyed my hair.

Now I just wash my hair with water everyday and shampoo/conditioner once a week. Hair went from spiky/flat to wavy/with volume (natural oils).

PS - That freeze wax works and smells just like Gatsby except in tube form.  :smokin  
Yeah man, washing it everyday will destroy your hair. I learned that when I had my hair long, but now for me with short hair I wash 2-3 times a week with selsum blue.

any advice on dandruff like I've tried t gel, head and shoulders, nizoral. it doesn't work. I basically have to wash my hair everyday

Back
Top Bottom