modern men haircuts..

Yeah man, washing it everyday will destroy your hair. I learned that when I had my hair long, but now for me with short hair I wash 2-3 times a week with selsum blue.
I wash my hair everyday... hair is still fine lol. then again it depends for most people.

any advice on dandruff like I've tried t gel, head and shoulders, nizoral. it doesn't work. I basically have to wash my hair everyday

I've tried the same ones and the best I have found is the L'Oreal Elvive one. Works for me.

Having Patrick Bateman American Psycho length hair has my head overheating in this weather. Keep getting tempted to go to the barbershop.

I use a sulfate-free shampoo once a week & silicon-free conditioner 2x a week.

I also use leave-in conditioner everyday.

any advice on dandruff like I've tried t gel, head and shoulders, nizoral. it doesn't work. I basically have to wash my hair everyday

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge cause I never knew this before but with dandruff, you actually use a non-medicated shampoo to wash out your hair, then apply a medicated shampoo, massage and leave one for at least 5 minutes. You want to do this for a minimum of two weeks, then reduce it to weekly or biweekly based on symptoms.

Since you tried the other agents, maybe you can try a saliciylic acid containing shampoo like Neutrogena or Sevulex. You might want a higher percent. If you don't see results within 4-8 week, you should probably go to your doctor for a prescription strength shampoo

For those who don't wash your hair daily, what sort of products do you put in your hair? Does just rinsing it with water get out your product?

Been using dr bronner's as a shampoo. The peppermint and citrus ones smell great. Been thinking of using coconut oil as a leave in conditioner but it would have my scalp feeling too greasy.

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge cause I never knew this before but with dandruff, you actually use a non-medicated shampoo to wash out your hair, then apply a medicated shampoo, massage and leave one for at least 5 minutes. You want to do this for a minimum of two weeks, then reduce it to weekly or biweekly based on symptoms.

Since you tried the other agents, maybe you can try a saliciylic acid containing shampoo like Neutrogena or Sevulex. You might want a higher percent. If you don't see results within 4-8 week, you should probably go to your doctor for a prescription strength shampoo

I have not tried it this way, do I do this daily for that two weeks?

white vinegar bro. it balances the ph level in your scale. put some in a spray bottle. scratch up all the dandruff. throw a towel over your neck, head over the tub and spray away. and then let it sit for like 15 or 20. it may sting a bit if you scratched really hard but no worries. afterwards wash with nizoral. do the vinegar once or twice a week. You should start seeing progress after the 2nd time, possibly even the first. Do it til it goes away if you like. But honestly, once the scalp ph has been reset, you should be good for a WHILE. Then just do it as you see fit. And your hair will be soft af.

Yeah man, washing it everyday will destroy your hair. I learned that when I had my hair long, but now for me with short hair I wash 2-3 times a week with selsum blue.

selsun blue is so harsh on the hair and scalp. I use it daily on my beard though. Since the skin is way different and its awesome at getting rid of those sebaceous oils.

but for daily hair washing, Herbal gro mane n' tail and the regular main n tail conditioner. Occasionally I'll switch out the conditioner for a pea sized amount of nizoral. It helps fight DHT and keeps my hair thick and flowing.

do people still use sprays? I've had my american fiber pomade for a few years now but stylizing my hair straight outta the shower wit hmy fingers straight always comes out better then with the pom worked thru my hands :rolleyes

bumping this thread instead of starting one.
I know there are some NT dudes on here with long hair. Starting to grow mine out. Its been about 5 or so months since i have had a hair cut. My hair is officially awkward. Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this before i get to the tie it up stage. Was thinking about a headband or something but usually just stick to wearing hats casually. But can't really do that at work

I know there are some NT dudes on here with long hair. Starting to grow mine out. Its been about 5 or so months since i have had a hair cut. My hair is officially awkward. Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with this before i get to the tie it up stage. Was thinking about a headband or something but usually just stick to wearing hats casually. But can't really do that at work

Honestly I don't think I personally ever had this problem when I was in the process of growing my hair out years back.

During this stage I just kept my hair with a "surfer/beach bum" look and loved that phase.

-Drew

Im lowball hot cuz I was rocking the undercut before it got big. Then I went with the undercut x cornrows 4 years ago and everybody has that now too :lol:

I need a new cut but I don't wanna go back to a simple taper fade. I need some suggestions for someone with pretty long hair (reaches my chin

Go with the Paul Rodriguez look or just dog it out for a few months :lol:

Been growing my hair for like 5 years now but I think I’m gonna cut it soon. Taking showers and just every day stuff is getting annoying. And i don’t take good enough care of it as I should so I’ll be looking rough sometimes admittedly

I think I look fine with it but every now and then I’ll catch myself in a mirror or a car window and get self conscious :blush:

Im lowball hot cuz I was rocking the undercut before it got big. Then I went with the undercut x cornrows 4 years ago and everybody has that now too :lol:

I need a new cut but I don't wanna go back to a simple taper fade. I need some suggestions for someone with pretty long hair (reaches my chin
Watch the World Cup and you’ll get some good examples of nice modern hairstyles for all types of faces.

Reactions: HIM
Anytime I go a day without washing my hair, it's greasy like a mofo. Not to mention what it looks like when you wake up. I think the whole "don't wash your hair everyday" only apply's if you keep your hair long. If you're getting a haircut every week, 2 weeks, etc...It's not going to matter. I also always wash out my hair product at the end of the night with just water, then towel dry it.

Back
Top Bottom