Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

In the name of toxic masculinity, you can't let that happen man. :smh:
I know, that's why I'm preparing for a rematch. kid played like me at his age except I was a better shot. having said that, my niece have that advantage since he's full of energy and doing gym work.

The only thing I’ve really noticed since turning 30 is recovery takes a little longer. For example working out twice in a day would be more of a struggle than before

The only thing I’ve really noticed since turning 30 is recovery takes a little longer. For example working out twice in a day would be more of a struggle than before
I felt that in my 40s. at 30s, I was still running with the horses.

Yea, that recovery time between workouts is paramount in my 40's. I feel like trash on the days that I workout in the evenings (5-6p) and follow that with a morning workout (4a).

I have to schedule my routine with a day of cardio between strength training sessions.

Like I said if youre an active in your 30s 40s and 50s you will feel "old". Recovery, random injuries, pains you never had doing the same things when you were younger. Doesnt mean youre "old". I rather be an in shape active 35 year old than a sloppy 25 year old.

Like I said if youre an active in your 30s 40s and 50s you will feel "old". Recovery, random injuries, pains you never had doing the same things when you were younger. Doesnt mean youre "old". I rather be an in shape active 35 year old than a sloppy 25 year old.

if one remains active in a reasonable manner, it won’t necessarily result in feeling ‘old’ and/or pains & injuries; yes it takes longer to recover from the same intensity but that’s where the wisdom of age/experience should come in & be accounted for. ideally being active keep folks youthful, ‘motion is lotion’ as they say

I’m a laborer at work and I feel better than when I was a truck driver. The heaviest thing I lift is a shovel full of rock on a day to day basis though. It’s not like I’m busting my *** but I’m walking and doing that all day and taking measurements.

if one remains active in a reasonable manner, it won’t necessarily result in feeling ‘old’ and/or pains & injuries; yes it takes longer to recover from the same intensity but that’s where the wisdom of age/experience should come in & be accounted for. ideally being active keep folks youthful, ‘motion is lotion’ as they say

So you say 90 minutes of cardio a day plus jiu jitu at 645 am isnt reasonable? If Lebron can do it I can...... :lol:

So you say 90 minutes of cardio a day plus jiu jitu at 645 am isnt reasonable? If Lebron can do it I can...... :lol:

🤣🤣🤣 ain’t gonna say it’s unreasonable, but unless you were already a pro athlete…what’s the reason to ground yourself down with your activity if you aren’t actually reaping the benefits of actually feeling spry or getting paid? plus i’d guess if you are doing that much cardio on top of the grappling you’d feel better replacing/or at least shortening the cardio with some other movement, but maybe you are one of those ‘i love the grind’ types

personally i’m still kinda in the denial stage 😅…i’m trying to be able to do at least a back handspring for as long possible

Last edited:
My hoop game has def evolved to Wizards Jordan bag. Back down and midrange jumpers. I have ONE first step like crossover or hesi, and if I don’t get past my man, that’s all I got. Either kick it out, or pull up….there is no start-stop or change of direction anymore.

Strangely enough though, my defense is still stellar. Still lockdown. Still can’t get by me. I just get ultra gassed on the fast breaks. I did however get cooked a few weeks ago by a hustler at the park. He was 39 and my body type. Couldn’t tell from looking at him, but he was a former D1 hooper and still had a 40ish type vert. He thoroughly destroyed me. Blew past me at will, dunked on me at will, any shot he wanted he got.

Chatted with him a bit and he played for Pepperdine in the early 2000’s and then got into some big trouble and lost his scholarship, dropped out, became a park hooper.

I’m a laborer at work and I feel better than when I was a truck driver. The heaviest thing I lift is a shovel full of rock on a day to day basis though. It’s not like I’m busting my *** but I’m walking and doing that all day and taking measurements.
I dunno bruh, imo the hardest part of truck driving is not *** up. Either behind the wheel, with the hardware n other drivers on the road. Otherwise, easy!

I just need to hirer Lebrons groin massager and cook....and buy his hyperbaric chamber.

Hitting the Bike before open mat. My neck hurts which could either be from poor posture at work or getting choked.

😮‍💨 nah…hiring a groin massager sounds wild 🤣🤣🤣

And that’s his job too - he’s not trying to fit it around work and family etc - he can focus on that and pay people to do mundane things.

The rest of us are trying to squeeze it around everything we have to do.

elite performance/high level sport ≠ health, they are optimizing for other things than us in general population. we often make the mistake of thinking pro athletes are ‘healthy’ but we don’t necessarily know or see what the reality of that process & toil is for them. it definitely can be a worthwhile pursuit to chase elite performance but it shouldn’t be confused for overall fitness/health

😮‍💨 nah…hiring a groin massager sounds wild 🤣🤣🤣

elite performance/high level sport ≠ health, they are optimizing for other things than us in general population. we often make the mistake of thinking pro athletes are ‘healthy’ but we don’t necessarily know or see what the reality of that process & toil is for them. it definitely can be a worthwhile pursuit to chase elite performance but it shouldn’t be confused for overall fitness/health

Yeah, that’s a fair point. My main sport is cycling and the main event riders want to win is the Tour de France which is 3 weeks of hard racing with a rest day after each week. The trick is getting there in peak condition and as light as you can be - and that’s not good for you. They can only maintain it for the length of the race and can be susceptible to illness chasing that little bit extra.

I dunno bruh, imo the hardest part of truck driving is not *** up. Either behind the wheel, with the hardware n other drivers on the road. Otherwise, easy!

Nah it is easy, even driving lowboy is easy once you get used to the size.

It just washes you sitting all day. Back hurting for no reason and stuff.

when you said that, this scene pops out of my mind.

Back
Top Bottom