Moments That Made You Realize You’re Washed

I went snowboarding on my 32nd birthday. I snowboarded alot when I was younger (early 20's) but never went to the park to do tricks.

I just ride up and slide down. I know my fragile *** will break a bone if I try anything else.

1551896900093.jpg

Went snowboarding for the first time at 31 with my girl (Whistler). She grew up snowboarding and signed me up for lessons. First thing they taught us was to learn how to fall and expect to fall a lot. Never imagined falling and getting up would be so exhausting. Woke up sore but nothing too crazy.

Second day we hit the mountain. Was working on my toe side turning then hit a patch of ice. Banged my knee super hard and sprained thumb.Surprisingly made it down the mountain. Lost track of my girl along the way. Limped to the convenience store then the hotel to take a nice epsom salt bath.

Had a little limp the rest of our trip cause my knee was so swollen. But can’t wait to go again. Whistler Village is a cool spot for all ages and groups. Something for everybody.

If you can make it past that first day or 2 of brutal crashing.... you'll figure it out.

I've been snowboarding for literally 24 years and have taught a ton of people. It is the first day that makes most people say F it. But the more times you go, the more fun it gets. If you can ride a powder day, unreal feeling of floating / surfing

Skiing is the same way. You can work out all day every day but you can't replicate the soreness that comes from that first day of skiing / boarding. There is a lot to say about the peaceful ness that comes from riding or skiing on a beautiful day with some fresh pow. I do miss that from time to time now that I don't live in CO.

Yesterday was at my wife's doctor appointment. Sitting out in the hallway because I wasn't allowed in due to COVID restrictions. Got tired surfing on the phone and ended up falling asleep in the chair with my mask on and hoodie over my head. Wife was so embarrassed. I shrugged it off and commented what a nice nap it was. #washed

turbospartan turbospartan The first day was all falling, learning to skate, turn, and stop. I felt more comfortable as the day went on. Same deal with the second day.

If I could get a good 3-4 straight days to figure it out I feel like I’d be good.

Non sports caused sports injuries is the tell tale sign, like turning your ankle stepping off the edge of an uneven sidewalk surface. BUt damn 20 minutes. Nobody called for help? You need to do P90x for 6 weeks then body everyone in that office
Funny thing about that is that another co-worker came and tried to help me out but just to realize that they had hurt their back trying to help me.......

They too are turning 30 soon :smile:

I remember the first time I went snowboarding I thought I was gonna kill it since I used to skate and boy was I in for a surprise :lol: Started off on the bunny slope and had no idea how to turn it stop. Falling hurts and it’s exhausting. As the day went I got a little better going up the mountain till we reached the highest point. Most of the time I was I braking and had to remember that if I’m facing frontside I go on my heels and if my backside I go on my toes. My legs was burning after I was done. Luckily the cabin we rented had a jacuzzi so I was in there most of the time.

Whistler is already open??? I thought it wouldnt until the end of November. My old body is sooo ready for some skiing.

Went snowboarding for the first time at 31 with my girl (Whistler). She grew up snowboarding and signed me up for lessons. First thing they taught us was to learn how to fall and expect to fall a lot. Never imagined falling and getting up would be so exhausting. Woke up sore but nothing too crazy.

Second day we hit the mountain. Was working on my toe side turning then hit a patch of ice. Banged my knee super hard and sprained thumb.Surprisingly made it down the mountain. Lost track of my girl along the way. Limped to the convenience store then the hotel to take a nice epsom salt bath.

Had a little limp the rest of our trip cause my knee was so swollen. But can’t wait to go again. Whistler Village is a cool spot for all ages and groups. Something for everybody.

Nothing soothes the soul like a good epsom salt bath.

That first day of snowboarding will leave you sore af. Even if you don’t fall hard.

after your second or third trip you’re good though as far as soreness.

yeah skateboarding and snowboarding aren’t related. I quit skating at like 15 and was always pretty trash. Snowboarding I picked up quick and am decent. I mean I’m old and washed now so I’m not going crazy but I’ll hit the park still.

9AC0DCC8-870E-474B-ABE6-9A9F9F2E4134.jpeg

The shoe packages I get excited over these days. I wake up this morning and these babies were sitting in the bathroom all laced up. Must have come last night after I fell asleep. My work will only let me wear a certain specific type of safety shoe and these are my favorite of the bunch.

Keen slip resistant utility work oxfords. Orthopedically sound. Durable. Supportive. These might as well be Jordan XI’s, I’m in washed heaven.

0E2D32D5-ED9F-46F4-A2ED-3F398FB2CC73.jpeg

never washed up and I’m bout to prove it right here right now.

I started skating again two years ago and I’m about to turn 31. I’ve busted my *** plenty of times these past two years. Only one really bad fall on my shoulder where I went to urgent care after for xrays. Didn’t break anything but had to go to PT for a month and that shoulder still gets aggravated skating sometimes. The key to skating when you’re older is to be consistent. When I can skate a few times a week I really enjoy it. If it’s like once a month I feel like I lost all progress. The first minute this vid pretty much sums it up.

I'm far from washed but I've had my second health scare since turning 30..the first was having covid on birthday lol smh.. now it's costochondritis.. since last week I've been having really bad fatigue, ringing in my ear, chest pain, and shortness of breath..I went to er 4 times because my chest wouldn't stop hurting and I went to my dr as well.. all my vitals were perfect but nobody knew what was the reason for my symptoms..at first they thought it was stress..then they thought it was remnants of covid..I went to er yesterday because my chest was still hurting.. they did a CT and My vitals were once again perfect.. so the Dr concluded that it was costochondritis.. I went to see a cardiologist today and now on Nov 19 I'm having a heart stress test and a echocardiogram..I also have to wear a heart monitor until Nov 12..this is crazy because I've been athletic my entire life but I'm not worried Im sure everything will work out come later next month

The shoe packages I get excited over these days. I wake up this morning and these babies were sitting in the bathroom all laced up. Must have come last night after I fell asleep. My work will only let me wear a certain specific type of safety shoe and these are my favorite of the bunch.

Keen slip resistant utility work oxfords. Orthopedically sound. Durable. Supportive. These might as well be Jordan XI’s, I’m in washed heaven.

For the bravery to post this pickup on a sneaker forum, you win sir. :lol:

I dunno about washed but you got some awful style bro

Back
Top Bottom