MonsterVerse Thread = Godzilla VS Kong : Out Now On HBO MaX & Theaters

Watched in theaters last night. IMAX. man that was an awesome awesome feeling. When they went to hollow earth, Kong swinging :wow:oo
when skaarsgard unleashed Kong from the chains :wow: :pimp:
Y’all quick to forget Kong was at a disadvantage fighting in the ocean.
when they were hyping up Kong and Zilla in Hong Kong :pimp: :pimp:
KK becoming Thor :pimp: :pimp:

Space godzilla or Destroyah will be an imax requirement for me

I'm gonna need my guy J.J. to come through.

jet-jaguar-1.jpg

Since the Hollow Earth has been exposed to the rest of the world I can see where they have "Titans" rise from somewhere now that they sense the existence of G and Kong. Next movie could easily be a combination of various 1v1 and 2v2 and I'd happily be in theaters risking it all, especially after realizing last night really how amazing GvK could've been on a huge screen with sound blasting.
I’m sure pacific rim is about to enter the chat haha. But 🤷🏽‍♂️

Anyway, their use of theme music really elevated things too. When the music went on you knew things were going down. More movies need to go back to that simple idea

Last edited:
Am I The Only Person Who Saw This In Theaters?

Caught this in the Dolby room. First time back since the last Star Wars movie and this movie was the reason why I’ll always prefer to catch blockbuster movies in here rather than at home.

Crowd was all the way into it too. Even the two Kong fans in there:lol:

My take from the HBO thread

Lil Girl : Godzilla...not....enemy

Kong: shiiiiiiiiiiiiiii............

:lol:

Kong got beat so bad in the beginning he had to play dead ....and get a weapon ! :lol:

Godzilla was gettin his *** WHOOOOPPED by Mechagodzilla :wow: :lol: WHOOOOOPPPPPPEDD!!

Tumblr_l_5048360433745.gif

This film is Transformers: The Last Knight of the Monsterverse. Robots and ancient magical weapons, anti gravity stuff, etc

We came a LONNNNG way away from this

Watching in theaters in a few hours. Wanted to que it up on HBO Max but felt it would be a disservice

Am I The Only Person Who Saw This In Theaters?
I caught the Dolby show, my seat was rumbling and tickling my balls.... anyways ummm I think I was the only gojira fan, everyone including my lady was clapping for kong. I was so upset at the moment, glad my boy gojira was the alpha in the end. Told Kong boy to put the axe down or I’ll clap you clavicles again.

ALRIGHT SO I GOT A LEGIT QUESTION THAT I DONT THINK WAS ANSWERED IN THE MOVIE

HOW THE **** DID THEY BRING KONG FROM SKULL ISLAND TO THAT DOME TECH SIMULATION THING ?
Or was that skull island and they built a dome around it? SO ****ING CONFUSED WHEN I SAW THAT AND I WAS WAITING FOR THEM TO EXPLAIN IT

HOW THE **** DID THEY BRING KONG FROM SKULL ISLAND TO THAT DOME TECH SIMULATION THING ?
Or was that skull island and they built a dome around it? SO ****ING CONFUSED WHEN I SAW THAT AND I WAS WAITING FOR THEM TO EXPLAIN IT
Confused me as well.

From what I can tell, there was some earthquake or storm that wrecked the island, killed the natives, and then the humans came in and built that simulation dome around Skull island.

It was a very odd thing to gloss over as if we all knew. Could've gave that a flashback.

Kong took major Ls.

Almost got killed by Gojira in the ocean, almost killed by that winged kaiju in Hollow Earth, then Gojira again in HK.

Humans saved him 3x....let Kong be great.

Human story lines were trash once again.

Last edited:

They mentioned that at some point the perpetual storm hit the island. They studied Kong for 10 years and at some point moved him so that Godzilla wouldn’t come kill him

The dome was built on Skull Island. A perpetual storm hit Skull Island and killed all the natives which was mentioned in the movie. They put Kong inside the dome to study him and keep Godzilla away from him. And to also protect him from the storm as well most likely.

Just watched in the dolby theater at 430. Besides some good moments...movie was just aight. The side story was soooo buns. And the movie felt like it was dragging.

I was team Kong. He got clapped tho. I ain't like seeing my bruva chained up against his will. Felt racist. Fk that movie tbh.

WHAT A PILE OF ****

Happy it was free cause that **** was garbage. From the story, to the actors and Zilla and Kong looked faker than normal. They had Kong looking 100 years older and skinnier than he looked in Skull Island too. Not sure why they looked so bad, maybe cause the budget had to go to two instead of one. I hated pretty much everything about this movie.

The kid's side mission was terrible and a bunch of corny jokes. The movie dragged, couldn't wait for it be over.

Anyone else find it odd that Kong throws a haymaker on the boat and barely phased Zilla and then Zilla slaps him with his shorts stubs and knocks Kong down?

This movie reminded me a lot of King of the Monsters and that **** was H O R R I B L E.

WHAT A PILE OF ****

Happy it was free cause that **** was garbage. From the story, to the actors and Zilla and Kong looked faker than normal. They had Kong looking 100 years older and skinnier than he looked in Skull Island too. Not sure why they looked so bad, maybe cause the budget had to go to two instead of one. I hated pretty much everything about this movie.

The kid's side mission was terrible and a bunch of corny jokes. The movie dragged, couldn't wait for it be over.

Anyone else find it odd that Kong throws a haymaker on the boat and barely phased Zilla and then Zilla slaps him with his shorts stubs and knocks Kong down?

This movie reminded me a lot of King of the Monsters and that **** was H O R R I B L E.
it really was bunz bro. really was some ****.

Kong was wielding storm stormbreaker in ways Thor could only imagine 😂. Kong had a weapon made from Zilla body and still got crip walked on

Back
Top Bottom