Mortal Kombat (2021) Out Now.

Not bad at all.
Knew when he was gonna say "Get Over Here" so I said it too haha.
Jax weak arms were funny as hell until the bigger ones came out that was dope.
Don't know who Cole is, thought he was Johnny Cage 🤦🏻‍♂️

Imax in a few hours can’t wait :pimp:

Man nothing beats the first one when the new line cinema logo starting and hearing “MORTAL KOMBAT” with the techno starting

Chick playing Sonya is a fantastic white woman.

Jessica_McNamee_3-1.jpg

Finished the movie earlier, I'm a huge MK stan and didn't really have any expectations. I guess it entertained me for its duration but I wouldn't give it more than a 6/10, maybe a 7/10. Fights were good aside from Jax vs Reiko.
I don't know if it's due to nostalgia goggles but I feel like I enjoyed the OG Mortal Kombat movie more than this.

I feel like Cole added absolutely nothing.

The movie is gonna do well so that means the director is gonna be able to do his own script for the next film most likely.

He turned an absolute garbage script that was in limbo for 10+ years into something watchable and enjoyable

This joint basically is a prequel to show the studio heads that MK is a cash cow and deserves the funding for a AAA film

-Kano was the MVP of the movie
-Fatalities were cool
-Don't like Cole's body armor
-Not feeling the Raiden casting
-I would risk it for Mileena
-Final 30 minutes were rushed, bad transition

This movie was cheesy as heck. Most of the fight scenes were too short and i hate that they didn’t stick to the regular storyline as to why the Sub vs Scorp feud started. I also didn’t like the fact that they kept throwing in corny jokes. I don’t need corny jokes. This new character and his power was wack.

Rewatching, was good til it gets to sonya’s intro

and while Kano is entertaining, they really let dude take over the show

again, you do johnny cage.. he’s your comic relief and you cut cole and Kano is back to a side character

Definitely a safe enough movie to get a sequel green lit. Crazy that this is basically just a prequel and they can make the actual tournament the selling point for part 2. I can’t hate on that.

I’ve heard the Miz’s name thrown by some fans for Johnny Cage and it’s crazy to think he’s basically the wrestling version of him already. Not a fan of him but I’ve never been a Cage fan either, so I’m indifferent about who plays him, really.

It is the hell out of what it’s supposed to be. 10/10 for a Mortal Kombat movie. 8/10 for video game movie and 4.7/10 for a movie movie. :lol: I feel like the cheesy lines were purposely sprinkled in just so you know it knows exactly what it is. Kano’s “Womp womp” wins the movie. :lol: Kinda seems like they were cursing just to get the R rating just to excuse the gore. The fx were kinda disappointing for 2021, but it SOUNDS amazing tho. Cole seems like a placeholder to make the Scorpion reveal a little more dramatic. I think the “Get over here!”, could’ve been done better as well(Why did Scorpion say “Get over here” in English? :lol:) Maybe they’ll “Johnny Cage” Cole in the second movie.

Back
Top Bottom