Mortal Kombat (2021) Out Now.

I give this film a 6/10. Kano was amazing and this Cole Young character literally had “Plot Armor”.

Just finished watching and I thought it was ok. The fighting choreography could have been better. What was Cole's power supposed to be? Guyver? :lol:

If Cole’s chest opened up and blasted a beam I would’ve turned my TV off and went on with my day. Lewis Tan can actually fight I thought, but they limited him to some washed MMA vibes.

Deserves a sequel and I’d be surprised if it wasn’t at least a little better. Movie definitely felt rushed.

Saw the movie in Dolby. Litty titty. I liked the movie quite a bit. There were some parts I hated tho...

The I am Sub Zero and get over here were both garbage and wayyyyyy better in the commercial. Hella disappointing in the movie. Sounded too weak. No bass in their voice. Like they were asking. Get over here?? I am sub zero?? 🤔🤔

Kano was golden and hilarious.

Kabel was kinda dope too.

Shang Stung was meh. His face too sad to be scared of.

Giro was brolic af omg.

Kung Lao goated. Bro was dope. And had roast game lol.

Funniest part for me was how much the actor they got for lui kang reminded me of crackhead Nick from FTWD. Greasy hair, kinda crazy eyes, kinda funny jack sparrow type mannerisms lmaooo

Cole was buns. I legit thought his super power was gonna be the ability to take an *** whipping and keep getting up. MMA Rocky. Sooooo *** lame.

Last edited:
Also they shoulda given mileena her face covering.. her thing is being self conscious about her mouth and tarkatan blood

Just finished watching. This movie was not good at all. Still, I'm glad HBO is streaming all these movies. As bad as they are, I'd much rather watch them from the comfort of my home than drive to the theater and drop $30 to find out how terrible they are.

Godzilla vs. Kong was a dud; this movie was a dud; let's hope Dune and SS provide a better experience.

It is the hell out of what it’s supposed to be. 10/10 for a Mortal Kombat movie. 8/10 for video game movie and 4.7/10 for a movie movie. :lol: I feel like the cheesy lines were purposely sprinkled in just so you know it knows exactly what it is. Kano’s “Womp womp” wins the movie. :lol: Kinda seems like they were cursing just to get the R rating just to excuse the gore. The fx were kinda disappointing for 2021, but it SOUNDS amazing tho. Cole seems like a placeholder to make the Scorpion reveal a little more dramatic. I think the “Get over here!”, could’ve been done better as well(Why did Scorpion say “Get over here” in English? :lol:) Maybe they’ll “Johnny Cage” Cole in the second movie.
Kano said womp womp? Swear I thought that was someone in my theater that said it lmaoooo

If Zack Effron is Johnny Cage I’m out on the next one...

Johnny cage is listed at 6’1”. Efron is 5’nothin”

70BA2FEB-9FCE-4630-A4B4-2E8DD270F5F2.png

Nah that was Kano :lol: , dude had good comedic timing. Him getting Liu Kang sweep cheesed had me dying too because it's true.

dude was the gift and the curse.. they had to let dude explore the space since he was hilarious

but you should have Kano having that much of the space.. if that’s Johnny cage instead of cole, then you kill 2 birds with one stone

also felt like they could have had shinnok briefly in there.. so scorpion could just come back instead of having use cole

We didn't even see Shoa Kahn probably get Quan Chi x Shinnok at the end of the sequel.

We need a Shaolin Monks series or a Conquest reboot or something

Movie was meh . It was dope seeing reiko and Kabal on screen . Didn’t like the main character at all and scorpion was in the movie for like 5 mins at the end . Kung loa def is the goat though , bruh literally did a game fatality in the movie along with Jax. I def think if a sequel gets made it’ll be better.

Back
Top Bottom