Mortal Kombat (2021) Out Now.

i enjoyed it for the most part.

-Kano was the heart and soul of the movie. None of the other characters had any personality whatsoever

-For some reason I thought Raiden was straight trash

-Surprised they killed off Goro and Sub-Zero. They’re both pretty big characters (Sub-Zero more so of course). Makes me wonder who will be on the evil side in the next flick?

-Build up to Johnny Cage was good. If it’s Ryan Reynolds I flat out won’t see the sequel

-Sonya and Mileena can both get it at the same damn time

-Cole was trash. Is he supposed to really be the main character and not Liu?

-Swear I thought someone in the theater said “womp womp” and not Kano :lol:

Movie was meh . It was dope seeing reiko and Kabal on screen . Didn’t like the main character at all and scorpion was in the movie for like 5 mins at the end . Kung loa def is the goat though , bruh literally did a game fatality in the movie along with Jax. I def think if a sequel gets made it’ll be better.

Scorpions kill of Sub-Zero was a fatality from the game as well. I think when Liu killed Kabal that’s a fatality he uses later in the series. They incorporated those so well :pimp:

Would of preferred more focus on characters as well but I guess I need to remind myself this is Mortal Kombat. Its all about the fights
The thing is, that hasn’t been true for years. The last few MK games are heavily story and drama focused. It’s not just mindless fights anymore, that was the 90’s

My issues are this

- the characters aren’t given anything. Kung Lao, raiden , liu Kang aren’t given anything to work with. They are glorified side characters

- outside of subs and scorpion, there aren’t any actual martial arts.
- sonya isn’t like any incarnation of the actual character
- too many quick cuts and edits in the fights
- cole sucks. Nothing about him is interesting
- bad guys are all henchmen fodder
- the arcana stuff is dumb.
- fatalities aren’t earned. The nitara thing was just dumb
- Jax magical machine arms forming out of nowhere
- Jax in general sucks. Mofo sub zero stole your arms yet you have a grudge with random reiko
You have MK9-11 and The scorpion animated film as regencies for how to do an interesting story. Yet you mess it up

if a sequel gets made they need to scrap Cole somehow. Have Johnny and Liu be the main characters and play off of each other. Actually have scorpion in the movie, and make shao khan an actual threat. Let him kill cole right away or something

-For some reason I thought Raiden was straight trash

-Surprised they killed off Goro and Sub-Zero. They’re both pretty big characters (Sub-Zero more so of course). Makes me wonder who will be on the evil side in the next flick?

-Cole was trash. Is he supposed to really be the main character and not Liu?

Agreed. I didn't like Raiden at all in this one. Enjoyed the OG one more than this one. That's one thing that disappointed me a lot, was how cheap they killed Goro off. Killed off by a trash character too! Makes sense that Sub-Zero dies because it kind of hints that he'll comeback at Noob Saibot, especially since he was left burnt up and dark in color.

Action & the fatalities were good but Cole And tbe story was trash.

Kano was best part. Should of been more based on Lou Kang. I never cares for Sonya Blade character eithwr

in the 90s, i really liked the the first one, the 2nd one in the 90s was worse than this one.

Good to watch at home but no way in theaters

On some 100, a lot of folks can connect the dots on why Cole’s character was added. Yes, Lewis Tan is Asian but he’s biracial and white-passing, which is not on him but the studios for exploiting that. Call me a skeptic but it is what it is.

I’m all for adding Johnny Cage but if it takes away from learning more about Liu Kang, whose story in the movie seemed interesting despite not being eloborated on, then that’ll be a damn shame. The man just seen his relative’s soul taken slowly by a damn sorcerer too.

If the next movie spends more time on Cole convincing a self-centered Hollywood Johnny Cage to fight in the world-saving tournament, instead of flushing out Liu Kang’s past and drive to avenge Kung Lao, then it deserves to be a bust.

Imagine paying to see this kk vs Godzilla and ww1984 :sick:
In theaters? :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Lolll I saw this and K vs G in Dolby theater. Even with the meh movies, the experience was flawless.

I like MK though. Cool fight scenes. Hella graphic and bloody. Good action. Some good dialogue.

But...MK1 low key was quite a bit better. Much better story. Never even got a tournament...which is literally the whole premise lmaoooo. Imagine Bruce Lee in Enter the dragon..never making it to the island :lol:

Movie was cool.

Don't know where to start. Critiquing the characters wise, Kano was the most true to character imo. He played that role to the T. I would say Kung Lao would be a strong 2nd. His fighting style to the moves with the hat and that nasty fatality :pimp:. Kabal Surprised me :wow:. I liked his character alot. I have no complaints with Sonya or Jax. I kepting trying to picture Michael Jai White playing Jax though lol. When I saw Hiroyuki Sanada and Joe Taslim where going to be casted as Scorpion/Subzero, I knew they would play their roles well and they did their thing. Yall should watch Warrior on cinemax if yall enjoyed the actors that played them. I wish Scorpion had the white out eyes. And it would've been cool to see Iko Uwais casted as Kung Lao. Mileena :pimp:

Raiden was trash. Liu Kang was trash. They kilt Goro and Kung Lao too early. Shang Tsung was meh.

Ready for the sequels.

6.9/10

Cole Young?

Whose mans is this? :rofl:

I think people are saying certain characters were trash because they didn't have a bigger role in the movie. There was only so much they could fit in this.

100+ characters to choose from and they decide to create a brand new one to be the main character.

Made fan favorites side characters so that your new boring character can be the focal point. :stoneface:

Kano and Kabal the only characters with any charisma. :lol:

I think people are saying certain characters were trash because they didn't have a bigger role in the movie. There was only so much they could fit in this.
I haven’t watched yet, but I believe if they didn’t make this Cole dude the main character they could’ve put more into other characters. Sounds like the focus on him sidelined most of the actual MK characters stories.

So....because we got Killer Croc....or we not getting Reptile? *** weak

This would've looked so much better

urtQNq6dLgef2EBUUwc3ivQjx6qRXPX4uUSAcpriHdjVxFIOa60tFMvshDloV0iIAX3U3ZSWaFBgg09XO_YRCZdxABKM76P55KvRtXHvlPGapq4sBf0bsoKj21w

I think it’s funny how people expect so much when, MK the franchise, barely has a story itself. Who’s the main character of the franchise(not the most popular)? Thus Cole.

I think it’s funny how people expect so much when, MK the franchise, barely has a story itself. Who’s the main character of the franchise(not the most popular)? Thus Cole.

Last edited:

Liu Kang has always been the focal point of the story though? He’s the “chosen one” in every film and story. I mean they could’ve easily done more on his background, half the movie was learning about coles background :lol:

The actor that played Kano seemed like he was the only one who was fully aware that he was in a Mortal Kombat film. :lol:

cole and that 1 moment where he had the energy he needed to have from as soon as a dude pulls up on him and his family making it snow and firing ice

and that was when he saw the mortal kombat name.. other than that, zero clue why he wasn’t yelling run when they ran into subzero again.. and zero clue how he was the one in charge and coming up with the plan at the end

I mean I think any and everyone would get being freaked out and running when a dude with ice powers shows up while you’re chilling with your family

Back
Top Bottom