p1_jordan-getty.jpg

three plays immediately come to mind when I think of clutch

Fisher's shot with .4
Reggie Millers 3s against the knicks
T-mac's outburst against san antonio
eek.gif
(still gives me the goosebumps)
Kobes 2 3's vs. portland on the last game of the regular season

Money for The Ring in Utah is about as clutch as you can get.

I mean, you can also argue that Duke vs. Kentucky is about as clutch as it gets, not only for the shot, but for the pinpoint pass by Grant Hill. That was adrawn up play and executed perfectly.

I think it's extra clutch when there is a huge comeback involved

T-Mac against San Antonio
Deron Williams against Arizona

Jannerro Pargo against the Wizards, even though Gilbert ruined it.

Definitely not up there with the greats (just a change of pace from the usual responses), but Federer's ability to climb out of a 15-40 hole twice and thenbreak Nadal in the 5th set of the Wimbledon Final last year was a huge moment. Federer was still deemed unbeatable on grass and throughout the match it seemedthat his dominance would end.

Lol, there's nothing possibly better than Jordan's steal from Karl Malone and then the subsequent 'last shot' sequence. So much was riding onthat moment, so many variables were at play, and it was a great way for him to end his career. It was a truly magical moment, a storybook ending if there everwas one...

...of course he came back to Washington but well, we'll overlook that...

Before the Jordan steal, the quick layup. It was so well mapped out like clockwork and Jordan did it all. Quick layup, steal, jumper, Ring.

there needs to be way more tiger in this thread.

tiger easily had the MOST clutch play this year so far. hitting that 20 foot put FTW a couple weeks back. 18th hole, thousands watching, one putt. imagine thenerves, especially for golf where everything needs to be perfect. THAT is the definition of clutch.

pimp.gif
that was one of my favorite JRich Warrior memories....but let's not get carried away.
tongue.gif

"TERRY MISSES! WARRIORS can win with a three! (barnett:they dont have to foul now)........HE GOT IT! HE GOT IT! THE WARRIORS WIN IT!!! THEY WIN IT! THEWARRIORS HAVE DONE IT AGAIN TO DALLAS!....Mike Montgomery, crack a smile, come on!!!"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I may be a little biased, but I'd have to go with the following. I've never screamed so hard for a sporting event in all my life.
eek.gif

Or Maybe..

Hill to Laettner (seriously)

The pass, the catch, the shot.

Coulda tried it 10 more times and they wouldn't have got it again.

on the hs level, to send to 2nd OT, and eventually win the game. The same guy Blake Hoffarber plays for UMinn and won on a buzzer beater recently too.

Back
Top Bottom