MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Honestly, I never thought it would last long. Every time I’d try and explain what it was to someone, they thought it was a scam of some sort. I always said I’d just enjoy it while it lasted.

Even at $30 a month, I don’t see how they’d be profitable long term with theaters unwilling to work out deals with them instead of starting their own alternative. Not sure how long A List will stay the same price and the same terms either.

No reason for A List to be around at this low of a price now that moviepass is basically done

Can somebody explain AMC stub?

I'm getting the points when I use A-list..

Can see three movies a week starting Friday morning through Thursday with pretty much no restriction(IMAX, 3D, Dolby)

The movies don't add to your points, but the $20 a month does and concession

man these guys are so damn smug and arrogant

none of these make sense to me, everything they claim are because of their own doing and i am sure theaters are happy about it so pointing fingers is dumb

yes there is an uptick in box office but that's because you are dumb enough to offer $10/month for unlimited movies and pay the theaters full price so yeah they are happy and thankful that you are dumb enough do so :lol:

what does this even mean: "exhibitors know that without MoviePass they will be able to continue to charge exorbitant prices for theater tickets and gouge customers with overpriced concessions"?

are popcorn and soda in theaters cheaper because MP exist? did they really think an uptick of moviegoers is going to make the ticket prices lower when using MP means they'll get paid the same anyways via MP? the only difference is MP is getting gouged with high prices, not the customers :lol:

just seems like they are as clueless today as they were when all these started

They were too smug in the beginning when they commented about what theaters were going to do. They pitted themselves as a competitor and enemy instead of a potential partner. They should have thought about the studios more, because Movie Pass has helped with smaller movies and documentaries. They started late with the sending e-mails about movies and pushing smaller movies.

No reason for A List to be around at this low of a price now that moviepass is basically done

We need Cinemark to upgrade theirs. And also Regal.

They don't even care anymore :lol: :angry:
IMG_1084.jpg

Can see three movies a week starting Friday morning through Thursday with pretty much no restriction(IMAX, 3D, Dolby)

The movies don't add to your points, but the $20 a month does and concession

They were too smug in the beginning when they commented about what theaters were going to do. They pitted themselves as a competitor and enemy instead of a potential partner. They should have thought about the studios more, because Movie Pass has helped with smaller movies and documentaries. They started late with the sending e-mails about movies and pushing smaller movies.

We need Cinemark to upgrade theirs. And also Regal.

Do I have to pay for stub?

stub is like $10 or $15 per year, not month.

if A List does raise their prices, I'd probably end up cancelling. $20/mo is probably the high end of my limit. It's not something I necessarily need. I used to never go to movies before moviepass. Plus, I pay for mine and my fiances so it's really $40/mo for me.

They're gonna raise them down the line. They're losing money from this too.

It’ll never be as bad as moviepass having to pay for a $15 movie ticket with every swipe :lol:

All AMC has to do is give up a seat and if that person gets concessions then they win.

It’ll never be as bad as moviepass having to pay for a $15 movie ticket with every swipe :lol:

All AMC has to do is give up a seat and if that person gets concessions then they win.

true. rarely are the theaters completely packed, even on opening night. most of the movies i've seen, the theater was not even close to being filled and that was for some of the bigger blockbusters.

They don't even care anymore :lol: :angry:
IMG_1084.jpg

This is how mine was. I still used it to put Ocean's 8 in my history, even though I had already seen it with Movie Pass. It still worked.

Naw, they will track the concession usage to go along with A List customers. They're paying the movie studio their percentage and not the full price. Plus there's other factors in it, like if they see an increase in attendance, because they're also competing against Regal, Cinemark and the numerous smaller theaters.

They're only paying the movie studio. They were going to be playing the movie regardless.

It's like 90% the first week and it keeps going down

Anybody been able to get through to customer service? The last few days it's like all showtimes just disappear at 7pm.

Seems like a calculated move on their part. So now I gotta go my ticket before then and than drive back later? The hell?

This is south FL btw

PEOPLE THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY EARLIER IN THIS THREAD WHEN I SAID I WAS CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION :lol:

THIS IS GOING EXACTLY AS I EXPECTED IT WOULD. GLAD I STOPPED WHEN I DID. I ALSO TOOK A LOOK AT THEIR STOCK PRICE. YIKES.

I thought it was just me because I got that Ocean's 8 ticket earlier it was blacked out.

And I don't think anyone thought you were crazy, we were wondering what was the rush when it's only $10.

yah AMC A-list makes a lot more sense because it's their own company and all the money plus concessions goes to their pockets unlike MP who gets none of that

i see like standby tix for flights, planes going to leave whether it's packed or not so might as well add someone to that flight for whatever amount they can get, it won't cost them extra while with MP they lose money because they have to pay for it

so in that regard I don't see AMC upping their price

One thing is A List/Moviepass actually makes me not want to eat concessions.

It's a big difference in going two or three times a month and two or three times a week. I grew tired of mozzarella sticks, nachos and popcorn quickly.

I haven't eaten at the concessions in ages. Food is low quality garbage. One of my theatres has a restaurant in it that I may occasionally go to. Some of the other theatres are making a shift to restaurant styled food as well and they deliver it to you in the theater.

Back
Top Bottom