MoviePass Offers $10 A Month Subscription Service

Decided to bite the bullet and re-up my MP on the new $14.95 monthly deal. Have used it twice and can confirm it worked great. Had a small hiccup at first with my card not activating. Hopped on a chat while standing in the theater, got a human within 2 minutes, had the problem fixed in 30 seconds. No problems as of yet, so we'll see how long it lasts.

Decided to bite the bullet and re-up my MP on the new $14.95 monthly deal. Have used it twice and can confirm it worked great. Had a small hiccup at first with my card not activating. Hopped on a chat while standing in the theater, got a human within 2 minutes, had the problem fixed in 30 seconds. No problems as of yet, so we'll see how long it lasts.
I know MP has been flawless recently but i’ll never get back into one of these things. It’s just not a sustainable business model. Unless it’s a program offered by the theater chain it can’t work

AMC A LIST >

EASY!!!!!!!! FLAWLESS MAN!

Don't have an AMC close enough to me to justify it, or I would've done that awhile ago.

I know MP has been flawless recently but i’ll never get back into one of these things. It’s just not a sustainable business model. Unless it’s a program offered by the theater chain it can’t work

I agree about the sustainability, BUT I didn't have to pay the whole year up front and for $15 a month on a CC I know I can do a charge back on if something goes sideways, I'm willing to chance it.

Saw this bumped, and figured I'd give an update. MP still working flawlessly for me (knock on wood). Have seen several with it and haven't had any issues with checking in or money loading.

My wife and I are trying out AMC A-List for the summer and we are loving it. How does the point system work if anyone of you can explain?

MoviePass is working now?
I have AMC and I love it. Reservations, points, 3 movies a week.
Already copped my Spidey tickets 2 months in advance.

This, ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Have tons of movies already booked in DOLBY
CINEMA! Have like 40 dollars back in points too.

It is. I jumped back in around March when they went back to unlimited at $14.99 a month.

If I had a decent AMC close to me, I would've been on that forever ago. Only one close to me is in a mall complex and you have pay to park in their garage. Total pain in the *** to deal with.

It has almost been a year on AMC A list.. They're going to increase the price to $23.99..

giphy.gif

Regal Cinemas unlimited movie subscription plan details leak

Regal Cinemas is gearing up to launch its own unlimited movie subscription service similar to what was once offered by MoviePass, and a new leak claims it will be officially unveiled by the end of the month. Details on the plan join the report, including the claim that Regal Cinemas will offer three different subscription tiers, each allegedly offering unlimited movie tickets.

According to Deadline, Regal Cinemas will launch its own unlimited movie subscription plan later this year at $18, $21, and $24 per month. Each subscription tier will reportedly offer unlimited movie tickets. Unlike competing plans, Regal will reportedly base each tier on theater locations rather than monthly ticket allotments.

The highest tier plan will reportedly offer subscribers access to Regal Cinemas across the nation, while the mid-tier plan will limit customers to a smaller selection and the lowest tier plan will limit subscribers to around half of the company’s theaters.

Someone on either of the two lower plans would reportedly need to pay a surcharge if they wanted to get a ticket at a Regal Cinemas destination that is outside of their plan. This charge may be two or three dollars, the report claims, but the company reportedly hasn’t finalized the figure at this time. Some details are still missing, such as whether these subscribers will have any sort of included option for watching premium showings.

Based on the leaked subscription model, it seems likely Regal may charge subscribers an extra fee to get premium tickets. As well, there’s speculation the company may require unlimited subscribers to pay for an annual subscription. This type of plan would appeal to diehard movie fans who enjoy visiting the theater multiple times every month.

MoviePass Suspends Service To Work On App Upgrade; Plans To Recapitalize
ntartaglione.png

July 4, 2019 8:45am
Facebook
  • Email
moviepass.jpg

MoviePass
Subscription movie ticket platform MoviePass is temporarily suspending its service to complete work on an improved version of its mobile app. The suspension went into effect at 2AM PT today and the company did not provide a projected return to service. In a statement, MoviePass also said the company plans to use this time to recapitalize “in order to facilitate a seamless transition and improved subscriber experience” when the product comes back online. Visitors to the ticketer’s website see a note that begins: “Big changes are coming.”

The moves come after MoviePass has endured turbulent times. In March this year, parent company Helios & Matheson Analytics, restated the financial results it previously reported for the quarter ending last September 30 to reflect lower revenue and a wider net loss. Today’s news also follows word that Regal Cinemas is prepping to launch its own three-tiered unlimited subscription service at the end of July, which Deadline exclusively reported earlier this week.

RELATED STORY
Regal Cinemas Readying Unlimited Ticket Subscription Program

Of the suspension, MoviePass CEO Mitch Lowe allowed, “There’s never a good time to have to do this. But to complete the improved version of our app, one that we believe will provide a much better experience for our subscribers, it has to be done.”

During the interruption, no subscribers will be charged, and will be automatically credited for the number of affected days once the service is running again. Also during this period, no new subscribers will be enrolled.

In a letter to subscribers, Lowe said that MoviePass has been “working hard” to improve its service “to ensure it meets its ultimate vision.”

“We have listened and we understand the frustrations of our subscribers,” Lowe said. “To provide the level of service you deserve and we can be proud of, we need to improve our mobile app. We plan to make this improvement by utilizing an enhanced technology platform, which is in the final stages of completion,” he continued.

MoviePass has experimented with a range of subscription schemes in recent months, and in March rolled out an “uncapped” movie-per-day plan.

One of the strategic steps that led to problems for the company last year was its decision to offer nearly unlimited moviegoing for just $10 a month. As the number of subscribers ballooned into the millions, the company was forced to procure blocks of expensive tickets in order to fulfill subscriber orders. That quickly burned a lot of cash, and the company also said fraudulent use of the app worsened the damage.

I'm gonna stick to my tried and true pay for one movie and then see 4-6 movies in a day format.

Like today, I saw Spider-Man: Far From Home, The Last Black Man in San Francisco, and Anna.

Could've easily caught Midsommar, Toy Story 4, and Rocketman if I wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom